Gotway Tesla v2 range test

Hey guys, is there anyone owning the v2 Tesla? How is it with its range, max speed etc? How is the speaker quality? Would you recommend the wheel worth the 1200USD?

Thank you guys, stay safe!!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 2:02 AM, ricqvo said:

Hey guys, is there anyone owning the v2 Tesla? How is it with its range, max speed etc? How is the speaker quality? Would you recommend the wheel worth the 1200USD?

Thank you guys, stay safe!!

it is identical to the v1 tesla.. there are countless videos on that since its a few years old.. max speed depends on a few factors but safely 45 for sure, i have gotten it to 53 but i didnt want to push it any more, seen people go to 55 on a full charge... definitely not recommended.. speakers are pretty garbo like most all euc speakers xD the wheel is worth its price yes its excellent though the ergonomics take a little bit of getting used to... youre on an 18xl though so its a similar feel between the legs besides being obviously much lighter and more nimble

• Like 1

If you're a heavier rider 75+kg then the 2.125in tire will get tiresome quickly.

Luckily there are some ways of putting a 2.5in tire on but it's not straightforward. 

With a good tire solution the tesla is a very nice wheel I'd say with plenty of power and convenience. It's a bit heavy for carrying but it's still at the lighter end of the 2000w wheels, if not the lightest.

I bought a used V1 cheap so taking it apart and experimenting with tires wasn't a chore but simply reasonable maintenance and inspection/service. If you buy a new wheel you might be less inclined to admit it's got flaws and you might be reluctant to take it apart.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 1

I purchased the Telsa v2 as my "learning" wheel back in February. I agree with what's already been said around top speed; personally I have no problem cruising between 35kph-40kph and can push to 45kph for short bursts under ideal conditions. Being a heavier rider myself (~250lbs) and having only had opportunity to ride in the winter, my mileage thus far has not been great. My usual rule is that as long as its warmer than -20C its warm enough to ride. I am averaging around 3% battery drain per kilometer currently (30ish kms of range). I am hoping that once our temps warm up that will improve.

All that said, the Tesla v2 has been a lot of fun so far. I do not regret the purchase, but I'm pretty sure I will be looking to upgrade to something with a bit more top end speed and more watt-hours in the near future.

• Like 1

Yes, it's always the question about range, isn't it? I was seriously thinking about getting the Tesla 2, but ended up getting a Nikola 84V 1600Wh instead, and even so I think the range is limited. I went for a 40km trip today with a fully charged wheel and came back with about 32% (EUC world figure). Some parts were at 40km/h, most of it considerably slower. I'm about 80kgs with gear, so not overly heavy. It was quite windy though. WIth a Tesla that would have been difficult. It all depends on how you're going to use your wheel but I personally wouldn't go for anything below 1500 Wh.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Power consumption basically goes up by speed squared. Also climbing consumes a lot depending on your weight.

A light rider going 30km/h average, living in a flat country is going to post completely different numbers than a heavier rider riding undulating terrain at 35km/h average. 

Going 40km/h consumes 4 times as much power as 20km/h etc.

21 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Power consumption basically goes up by speed squared. Also climbing consumes a lot depending on your weight.

A light rider going 30km/h average, living in a flat country is going to post completely different numbers than a heavier rider riding undulating terrain at 35km/h average. 

Going 40km/h consumes 4 times as much power as 20km/h etc.

True. So all range tests are not relevant ;)

So let me put the different kind of this question. How is the range of Tesla v2 in your case, with your weight and your riding style?

I would like to know the range in some cases, and it will let me know to conclude more or less the potential range for me.

Thank you.

One more thing about Tesla v2.

Today I was able to ride/test this wheel (a new one). Everything is ok, but even in HARD mode, the pedals dipping was really big. Quick calibration was able to help a bit (front a bit higher), but still dipping after the turn was something which is a really problematic, especially when pedals are as low as in Tesla.

Any possibility to eliminate this pedals dipping?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 1:41 AM, PeWoo said:

Still not clear about the Tesla v2  (1020) range.
I believe that someone with weight about 80kg should be able to do 40-50km?

I just got this wheel few weeks back. Managed 49km with low Voltage beeps starting to go non stop, darkness bot said i still have 10% left or so. I weigh maybe 78kg  with all gear and backpack. Was riding usually 30 to 35kph, but on the way back had pretty strong wind against me. 

• Like 1