Question about calibration

Daniel Hui

I own a KS 16x So far as I know, the horizontal calibration is used to set the tilting of the pedal for forward tilting, completely levelled or backward tilting. Should I make sure the wheel stand completely upright? does it matter when the wheel is leaning to the side( Z axis?) during calibration ?  Does the wheel also require calibration of tilting along Z axis?

Edited by Daniel Hui

The wheel must be perfectly upright in the left-right axis as well, since it stores data used for tilt compensation in turns.

Also, at least from fw 2.0 (18XL, 16S, 14S) onward the calibration can no longer be used for a personal tilt adjustment. The wheel must be centered also front to back. Not sure if the 1.07 for 16X is different.

Also be sure that the wheel stays perfectly still throughout the whole calibration process.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 5:43 PM, mrelwood said:

The wheel must be perfectly upright in the left-right axis as well, since it stores data used for tilt compensation in turns.

Also, at least from fw 2.0 (18XL, 16S, 14S) onward the calibration can no longer be used for a personal tilt adjustment. The wheel must be centered also front to back. Not sure if the 1.07 for 16X is different.

Also be sure that the wheel stays perfectly still throughout the whole calibration process.

Thanks!it personal tilting adjustment is still allowed in 1.07 for 16x. Now I need to find a way to hold it completely upright and still while still maintaining a bit of backward tilting while calibration.. while I have a stand to hold it still , the pedal can only be adjusted so that it is completely parallel to the ground. I prefer a bit of backward tilting tho.

In fact ,I dont even know how to make sure there is no left and right tilting during calibration as there is no flat surface to place my phone as a spirit level except for the pedal, but it is angled.

Edited by Daniel Hui

deploy (open) pedals like you are preparing to ride it and take 2 boxes and put your pedal hangers between them  .....
follow calibration procedure after you put something beneath boxes

Edited by Meserias