Speed limit on KS18L

Gassyclown

7 hours ago, Gassyclown said:

My 18L keeps adding miles to the speed limit release. I’ve gone over 150mi at 11mph, oy vey. Can anyone help me?

It doesn't automatically "release"... Have you connected with an Android / iOS app and set the limit higher?

• Like 1

It will not allow any changes via the app. Constantly resets itself to 11mph. It was my understanding there was a mileage threshold to reach then I would be able to set speed limit myself. I bought it online, and based on my previous experience interacting with other humans no real assistance will be obtained talking on a phone.

• Like 1

On most phones you need to scroll down to set the last setting that need to be the highest speed.

If it is lower than any other setting it behave like you describe.

It is quite common for new KS owners to miss this. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

Try using darkness bot. The KS app wouldnt let me set speeds either. I used the DB app to change them and the changes are shown and accepted in KS app when I open it. Honestly, the KS app is total crap, I avoid it as much as possible. Any app that wont let you use it without being connected to internet, for a hardware device, is horribly wrong. Use Darkness bot, set the speeds and call it a done deal.

What’s the point in the speed limit till distance traveled.

lets say I just bought a new wheel to replace my old one, then I have to ride it a certain distance, just let me ride the damn thing the way I want

if you are a novice that’s never ridden I can understand, but also how many people who have never ridden are going to be able to jump on and ride 50km/h anyway

1 hour ago, Trevor Phillips said:

What’s the point in the speed limit till distance traveled.

lets say I just bought a new wheel to replace my old one, then I have to ride it a certain distance, just let me ride the damn thing the way I want

if you are a novice that’s never ridden I can understand, but also how many people who have never ridden are going to be able to jump on and ride 50km/h anyway

It has been debated back and forth many times but only KS can answer this really. 

On newer model(s) åka KS16X, KS changed their policy. 

Personally I think they were so keen on being view as safe on the public eye, that they put the limit in place. Inmotion had similar too. 

You might not agree, but one can argue that you need to get familiar with your new wheel/model and that it serves as a real life road test, before you get to let your hair down start to fly about. 

I can say it served me fine. And I don't have this speed urge anymore. A lucky outcome with a dislocate shoulder despite being fully mc lvl 2 geared up, at "only 25ish kmh". 

These days my cruising average speed is around/under 30kmh. I rather ride safe than spend time in rehab (no offence @Rehab1). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Unventor said:

These days my cruising average speed is around/under 30kmh. I rather ride safe than spend time in rehab (no offence @Rehab1). 

None taken. Here to help if needed.:)

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Here to help if needed.:)

Great, thanks for the offer...   :D

I have PM'd you some photos of my rash. What do you suggest for it?   :facepalm:

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

20 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Great, thanks for the offer...   :D

I have PM'd you some photos of my rash. What do you suggest for it?   :facepalm:

Big man sized EUC rider body guard.... 

Ohh sorry does this act as product placement advertising? 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1