Ks16x won't balance

Humsuplow

58 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I would first turn off the lift sensors from the KingSong app and see if you just have a faulty sensor.

Thank you soooooo much. You're right it is the sensor. Where about is the sensor located? I was washing my wheel.  I think its wet. Wonder if I use a hair dryer will it work?

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I would first turn off the lift sensors from the KingSong app and see if you just have a faulty sensor.

We had this same sensor problem on one of Mt. Wilson ride. Remedied by Marty with the KS App. 

Strange thing about it was that it was within yards from where Jeff and Ray burned up their Mosfets. 

At the same spot @Coastal Rider found his lost prescription glasses intact from previous ride with Ray when he burned up his Nikola. 

Go figure :confused1:

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 2

Where about is the sensor located?

At the bottom ends of the trolley handle poles.

I was washing my wheel.  I think its wet. Wonder if I use a hair dryer will it work?

It won’t. The 16X is far from being waterproof, so washing it is a very bad idea. You may also break the headlight, power button, charging connector, speakers, and maybe even the control board.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 3

The sensor is actually mounted in a place where the water running down the top of the trolley pole cannot easy reach it.

I could imagine that the trolley handle doesn't go back completely, because the water and dirt (which was already inside the housing) has turned to mud that now blocks the way down. Between the housing and the metal plate that operates the switch (green arrow) is not much space and if there is some dirt, the trolley handle does not go back completely.

20191224-152143.jpg

6 minutes ago, buell47 said:

The sensor is actually mounted in a place where the water running down the top of the trolley pole cannot easy reach it.

Isn’t the tube open for the switch operating metal plate to move freely? That would direct any incoming water almost directly at the sensor. And since the 16X isn’t really waterproofed from any direction, ”washing” the wheel may get water in from numerous places.

The handle doesn’t have to reach the bottom position to disengage the switch, as it operates at all extension levels. It’s the weight of the wheel against the handle that operates the switch, not the level of extension.

Worthy points about dirt though, and it sure can block the sensoring system.

• Like 1