Leaving 16X on [stock] charger a couple days from 100% to 70%

Okiiashi

Is this normal when charging any EUC that the board is vamping/draining the power to itself?

I've noticed on several occasions that the wheel stays "on" after charging.  First encounter I had taken a break from riding the EUC a couple of days and left it on the charger; when it came to ride it had drained itself from 100% to maybe 77%.  I thought I might of not had the stock charger plugged in all the way.  I did this another time and the power brick was GREEN and it had gone from 100% to a lesser amount sitting on the charger.  

Another time I entered into the room the  16X was charged and unplugged [ I had checked on the app to make sure its percentage and voltage was full] early in morning and could see a red light coming through the case.  So I cycled the power  to ON then off.. and then the red light was gone.

Some of the KS wheels are partly on while turned off and charging. You can connect and play music or check the wheels stats. The question is when does this feature turn off and how does it know when the wheel is charging. This feature might not be working properly and staying on.  You might try charging then unplugging. turn the wheel on then back off. Then check your phone to see if it is still available. 

Note: Two seconds after unplugging the charger I can hear the speakers drop out.  

Edited by RockyTop

If you have been riding in rain, you might have an issue where you can't turn off the wheel. You might be able to connect or at least see the BT module is on (hench the red light under the cover). 

It could be so simple that it has dried up but it corroded the connector. This happen on mine (KS16X 1st batch). Apparently the front can have a tiny gab that let's rain run on the inside to the power button. Since I didn't examine my wheel myself I can't explain it better than this. 

• Like 1

I've had mine stay on once after charging.  So now I power cycle the wheel after unplugging.

Once these chargers finish charging, there no trickle charge (you can't do that to lithium batteries).  So if something stays on, it drains the battery.  And these chargers don't seem to kick back on if the voltage falls, unless power cycled or that button pressed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RockyTop said:

The question is when does this feature turn off and how does it know when the wheel is charging. This feature might not be working properly and staying on.  You might try charging then unplugging. turn the wheel on then back off. Then check your phone to see if it is still available. 

This is what I've been doing is power cycling it to ensure it is off.

13 hours ago, xorbe said:

Once these chargers finish charging, there no trickle charge (you can't do that to lithium batteries).  So if something stays on, it drains the battery.  

I guess it doesn't work with these EUCs.  I also have a Future Motion OneWheel and when I keep it plugged in the board battery balance out the longer it stays plugged in.

15 hours ago, Unventor said:

If you have been riding in rain, you might have an issue where you can't turn off the wheel. You might be able to connect or at least see the BT module is on (hench the red light under the cover). 

It could be so simple that it has dried up but it corroded the connector. This happen on mine (KS16X 1st batch). Apparently the front can have a tiny gab that let's rain run on the inside to the power button. Since I didn't examine my wheel myself I can't explain it better than this. 

This wheel is babied and kept dry.  But this is a pre-ordered wheel so I'll look at it.