Can you convert a V10 to a V10F?

jonm42

8 minutes ago, jonm42 said:

Would changing out the battery packs from V10 spec to V10F spec be cost effective?

No, I don't believe so.

• The difference between the V10 and V10F battery is only the capacity of the battery cells used. So it's not like you can add some more battery packs, you have to replace the entire battery with a completely new one ($$$), and have a useless battery left over.
  • The V10F has a bit different motor (at least the rating), so I guess for a full upgrade you need a new motor, too?
  • Not sure if the firmware is the same and detects a V10 or V10F, or you need a new board with the adapted firmware, too (even though the board is the same otherwise).

Selling the V10 and buying a new V10F is going to be much more cost-effective (and the result will be certain). Even if you just have to replace the battery pack with a new one, this is probably going to be crazy expensive already.

(As always, if someone proves me wrong, I wouldn't complain:))

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

It is my understanding the battery is the only difference.

Source: https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-inmotion-v10-v10f/

"

Frequently Asked Questions

• What is the difference between the V10 & V10F
    The number of battery cells in the two models has the same 80 cells. To achieve the 960Wh higher capacity, Inmotion used the LG MH1 3.2Ah cells, while the V10 is packaged with a 650Wh pack consisting of battery cells from Sincpower."

4 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

According a conversation I had with IM last year, they said there was not difference between the V10 & V10F apart from the battery pack. I believe originally there were plans to use separate motors for the V10 & V10F, but there was not much point. 
In preparation for the holiday, we've dropped the price of the V10 to $1199.

Coolness! How much would the V10F battery pack cost? And how involved a process would it be to swap things out and around?