Mcm5 340wh vs V5f 340wh

Hi there, 

I would like to learn how to ride an euc and these 2 models are available in my country. V5f is $500 while the mcm5 is $700 (is there a better wheel below $700 that you can recommend in alibaba or Ali express if you don't like these 2 (I live in Asia)? I would rather not spend more than $700 and that is my limit. 

I need it to commute a minimum of 10km to a max of 25 - 30 km if the lines at the train are too long. I can charge the euc once I get to work. I weigh 165lbs and am fit. So many pot holes and broken roads in my area but there are some nice flat straightaways. Am hoping to take it on some trails as well. Rains a lot here from July to September if that matters. I work nights as well so something that is more forgiving and more stable once I hit a pothole in the dark would be nice. 

Could you guys help me out pleasei would really appreciate some advice. Hope to hear from you. Thank you all in advance. Cheers. 

Rich

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

30km needs like 500-600Wh. A standard estimate is 20Wh/km if you don't go too fast (over 30kph). Do not trust advertised range, it is usually grossly overstated (only works if you weigh under 50kg and stay below 20kph).

Between those two, I'd go for the V5F, too, because it's cheaper and makes more sense than a small-battery MCM5. But it won't give you what you want, you need a bigger battery for the full route.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:31 AM, nickysneids said:

Maybe go with the V5F to start and then save up for an MCM5 800WH? Seems like a waste of money to buy the MCM5 at 340WH

Thank you for your thoughts nicky. The supplier is offering me a 510wh mcm5 for $100+ more but it comes with the 62v system not the 84v (I don't really understand the difference). Will that be much better to learn on and commute and use for a longer period of time before upgrading? I plan to take it on the train or the bus most of the time. 

On 11/8/2019 at 10:38 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

30km needs like 500-600Wh. A standard estimate is 20Wh/km if you don't go too fast (over 30kph). Do not trust advertised range, it is usually grossly overstated (only works if you weigh under 50kg and stay below 20kph).

Between those two, I'd go for the V5F, too, because it's cheaper and makes more sense than a small-battery MCM5. But it won't give you what you want, you need a bigger battery for the full route.

Thank you for your thoughts and the wh estimate. It's really helpful. V5f 340wh is $500 while the mcm5 510wh is $720 here..... I am thinking about the bigger battery as per your comments. Just worried about thrashing an expensive wheel as I don't even know how to ride an euc yet.....

5 hours ago, Sebrios said:

Talking to the guys at Gotway, they dont recomend the 340W mcm5. Instead, go for the 420W.

Thank you sebrios. The 510wh is available at $200 more. Am seriously considering that after reading all your comments :-) 

• 1 month later...

> Mcm5 340wh vs V5f 340wh

This is my struggle too. They are pretty similar in specs and price, the biggest differences I see are

• Voltage: 67 vs 84 V
  • Motor: 1500 vs 550 Watts
  • Max speed: 34 vs 25 km/h

Is the V5F motor really 3 times smaller? At peaks my InMotion app shows it gets to ~1300w.

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2020 at 1:25 AM, VicViPER said:

I read MCM5 under 650wh are 900W.

1500W is only for 650 and 800wh.

Is it right?

Maybe it was like that before but now the MCM4 V2 with 420WH battery has a 1500W motor, 84V, 25mph max speed.

Edited by amomymous
  • Like 1