GW Monster Creaking Noise

Chiiter

Dear Community,

I am in need of your help/advice. My Monster is acting up a little bit, making some weird creaking noise when shifting forwards/backwards, accelerating/decelerating or changing directions from forward to back.
I've had just recently replaced the shims and tightened the axle nuts. It does not appear to me that there is any play when making the noises (as there would be if the axle nuts where loose). The sound I would say is comparable to wood creaking noises (maybe like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75RJJWQchLo ?).
I've already done some research on it and there are some threads already that seem to ask similar questions, however none of them ever actually got to any conclusions/the thread became inactive. 

I'm attaching a video of my wheel and the noise when moving it back and forth....

Every idea or help is greatly appreciated, as I actually don't feel relaxed (like the YT video says:() when hearing these noises. Really feel like I'm breaking something.

Thank you!:)

• Like 1

did you put your ear close to the wheel and isolate where the noise is coming from? Doesn’t seem like it’s the axle nut or shims though. if you took the pedal hangers off to replace the shims, thats where i’d start. 

12 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

did you put your ear close to the wheel and isolate where the noise is coming from? Doesn’t seem like it’s the axle nut or shims though. if you took the pedal hangers off to replace the shims, thats where i’d start. 

Yes I did but unfortunately I was not able to locate the noise really. Does surely come from the axle/paddle area though. And what do you mean exactly? Should I take it apart? And if so, what should I watch out for? 

On a side note, do you think it’s safe to ride around a little without breaking anything?

23 minutes ago, Chiiter said:

Yes I did but unfortunately I was not able to locate the noise really. Does surely come from the axle/paddle area though. And what do you mean exactly? Should I take it apart? And if so, what should I watch out for? 

On a side note, do you think it’s safe to ride around a little without breaking anything?

tighten the pedal hangers bolts, inspect the shell for any cracks, i’ve heard of pedals creaking from the nuts getting loose, but you’re not standing on it when it makes that noise. 

• Like 1

If it's not the axle nuts, it might be:

• Something (like a wire) stuck inside the wheel well. Fold a few pieces of kitchen roll, wrap it around the tire, and use it to scrub the wheel well (while the wheel is off! Otherwise a blocked tire might result in a board blowing up) so nothing is in there.
  • Remove both side panels and check the shell and all plastic parts for cracks or any spot where it moves but shouldn't.