My NEW KS 18XL survived from being underneath 2ft of water

Cutiyo

It is amazing how quick things can change. I took an elevator down into a flooded basement once. Luckily the water was only slightly above the kneeĀ and did not reach any noticeable electricity.Ā Very scary, I had no idea how deep the water was going to be.

Keep us updated on the other KS. Is the GW a lost cause or will it survive after a board change?Ā 

28 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

Ā 

Good point about the logic board placement.Ā Iā€™d be more worried about the batteries though, as they can catch fire (if corroded by trappes water)Ā and are more expensive to replace.

@RockyTop., Yikes., that had to be scary. I hadĀ noooo idea how deep the water was when I was thrust forward off of it. All I remember was the wheel felt like it slammed into a brick wall. Not professing to be an avid swimmer, I was scared sh*less because it was late, the river was dirty and i was unaware just how deep it was. Lucky I kept my head arched back and was able to gauge it's depth after losing my flashlight for a brief moment in time.

• Like 2

@atdlzpaeĀ Not only is the KS motherboard on top, the connecting wires are solidly sealed with some type of sealer as well as zip tied. And although the MSX motherboard sits lower and on the side and had no chance of surviving being submerged in two feet of water, the wheel locked causing the rider to have to carry it. Fortunately while we walked the 1.5 miles on the trail to civilization., another rider allowed him to balance his MSX on the foot peg of his KS 18XL, alleviating him of the burden of carrying 52lbs of dead weight. Now, the KS 18XL that did not recovery., we were able to roll it all the way to the train station.

Ā 

You dodged a bullet for sure with your wheel. I think it's a bit of a crapshoot whether a wheel survives submersion.

I was with @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"Ā when his Monster was fully submersed in similar conditions. It stopped working. He immediately removed the side panels and after about 15-minutes of air drying, the wheel started working and and we continued our ride :).

I don't think KingSong or Gotway or Inmotion or Ninebot is better in these circumstances. It's the luck of the draw and you had a good drawĀ :thumbup:

• Like 2

@Marty BackeĀ but of course it's a crap shoot. My wheel was the only one that made it out of the water unscathed. Not every wheel will yield the same resultsĀ as Wheel Whisperer nor mine, this I know and have preached. I'm just happy Lady Luck was on my side when I slammed into that water. šŸ¤—

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't think KingSong or Gotway or Inmotion or Ninebot is better in these circumstances. It's the luck of the draw and you had a good drawĀ :thumbup:

We need to take 100 of each and submerge all of them to have a statistically significant sample and test which design is the best.

I'll setup a GoFundMe to get the money required. Stay tuned! :clap3:

Edited by atdlzpae