EUC Bodyguard - KS-16X

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 12:42 PM, Mishkin said:

That is a pretty good idea. What I think have noticed from having a prototype cover is because the cover is under light tension when stretched over the wheel, any uneven cutout will stretch slightly differently based on how much material there is to spread the load. So a flap style cutout also creates a slight "gap". That might have to be addressed as well for a super clean look (or not). See the crappy drawing below.

But similar to your idea, what if there was just a 3M style velcro strip stuck directly on to the charging port flap of wheel, and velcro stitched onto the underside of the Bodyguard flap? Then the cover would stick directly to the case, but wouldn't need the extra loop mechanism in your idea? Not sure if it would be better or worse, just another possible way.

image.png.9eff7305ef0787e96f44a128e8ebfa25.png

[Edit], actually you might still need the loop... in fact what I'm suggesting is barely different to what your video shows, now that I think about it more, other than attaching the velcro directly to the wheels charging port flap.

Yes... One of our earlier prototypes had this concept in it (including a smaller cutout for the ridge at the bottom of the port cover). From this we learned two things;

1. The stretch in the cover does indeed show a gap, even worse than suggested above.
  2. Having it fit snugly around the port cover introduces a chance that it will catch and rip off the port cover if someone isn't careful (though we won't discuss this any further here).

It seems that someone (possibly me) may have "leaked" some information about some truly waterproof covers, but we are also looking at some options based on @Unventor's comments in his earlier post.   :D

I'm also reading up on induction charging, which would be a solution that means you don't need a charging port at all... But you would need to keep your wheel on the induction stove-top in your kitchen.   :blink1: