EUC Bodyguard - KS-16X

25 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

see now it actually looks good... no more of that carbon fiber junk xD

Maybe but in real world it doesn't look that bad.

And it hides scratches better than a glossy finish would do. It grows on you is all I can say.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

Maybe but in real world it doesn't look that bad.

And it hides scratches better than a glossy finish would do. It grows on you is all I can say.Β 

idk i still hate the look of my tesla carbon fiber.. yea surely, glossy is the worst xDΒ the kingsong matte black is the ultimate :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Just ordered mine.

Thank you sir!
Β 

13 hours ago, stephen said:

What you order .i got blue but reverse blue like the xl version

Oh... Is that what you meant... When you said reverse the blue, we put it on the insdie... Β Β :blink:

Nah... Just kidding! As a small business producing tailored products to order, we love being able to tweak things just the way you want them!
Β 

12 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Black.

But that's just so... Black! Β Β :facepalm:
Β 

12 hours ago, stephen said:

Yeah i was going to get black . Then head a moment of madness and changed lol😁😁

YAY... Madness is so colourful!!! Β Β :thumbup:
Β 

11 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

How do you Β note you require a stealth cover when ordering

As would like to keep the holes for the 2 x tail lights but not the edge LEDs

As David mentioned, there is an option to include a message on the order pages... But you can also email through to confiirm. We would most likely reach back out to you to confirm as well, just so we get everything right!

Funny story: The last request we had for a "stealth cover" we were advised,Β  "Just holes for the headlight and tail light." But there was a bit of a revision to that directive when we asked, "Are you sure you wouldn't like a hole to access the charging port?"

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Oh... Is that what you meant... When you said reverse the blue, we put it on the insdie

Omg! You just shit me upπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

48 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Funny story: The last request we had for a "stealth cover" we were advised,Β  "Just holes for the headlight and tail light." But there was a bit of a revision to that directive when we asked, "Are you sure you wouldn't like a hole to access the charging port

Becarefull what you ask for lol 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Funny story: The last request we had for a "stealth cover" we were advised,Β  "Just holes for the headlight and tail light." But there was a bit of a revision to that directive when we asked, "Are you sure you wouldn't like a hole to access the charging port?"

I Have converted my wheel to induction charging so no hole requiredΒ B)

But on a serious note do you have the option for the cover to cover over the handle with hole just for lifting onlyΒ 

Thats what i asked for in notes when ordered:cheers:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

I Have converted my wheel to induction charging so no hole requiredΒ B)

But on a serious note do you have the option for the cover to cover over the handle with hole just for lifting onlyΒ 

Thats what i asked for in notes when ordered:cheers:

Yes, we saw that... Will be emailing you about that later today.

8 hours ago, travsformation said:

Nice job! Looks great!

Thanks for that.

We have put everything that we have learned from other models into this one, and the final version is come=ing together well. The patterns are all with our laser-cutter and we should have everything back in a few days. We have gone with coloured sides and a black "stripe" as the default for this model - it just lends itself to it so well. But we have also received a number of custom requests, so have geared up to ensure we can provide almost anything requested.

I think it was @Unventor that asked to see a video of the lights, showing the difference with and without the cover - as the early EUC Bodyguards did restrict the light output a little. We should have this available during next week, hopefully showing more detail of the whole 16X cover too!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

So any update to a night show off the lights viasualbility with and without the EUC bodyguard?Β 

9 hours ago, Unventor said:

So any update to a night show off the lights viasualbility with and without the EUC bodyguard?Β 

We have been flat tack trying to get everything ready for our expedition to the LA EUC Games, but I will try to get something done this weekend - It won't be flash, but it should show the difference.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

It's held for clearance in my country. Arrived yesterday. Wonder how much this is going to cost me extraΒ :(, but I knew that up front.

There were a few issues with the documentation on the first batch... It seems the Euro price may have been referenced as NZD... Which is of course a much lower value. Hopefully that won't confuse things too much.Β  Β :)

But you are luckier than some... It seems that USPS has some new employees at LAX... USPS generate their own tracking number for tracked items we send, AND LINK THEM BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TRACKING NUMBER. But it didn't happen for the first day or two of our shipments of the new 16XΒ  Bodyguards, so progress updates are a little sketchy!

We raised an enquiry on one cover to see what panned out... And about two hours after it was delivered we were advised it was en route to the local depot. And then finally got delivery confirmation about 7 hours after it was actually delivered.

So we apologise to all of our customers impacted by this, it appears to be a mis-communication between NZ Post and USPS.Β 

If you are in the USA and tracking for your cover appears to have stalled, please try putting your tracking number into the USPS tracking page... You may be pleasantly surprised.

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

There were a few issues with the documentation on the first batch... It seems the Euro price may have been referenced as NZD... Which is of course a much lower value. Hopefully that won't confuse things too much.Β  Β :)

Nope

Β 

18/10/2019 06:17
In transit to local depot
  • Like 1

My customΒ order is in production and I am super hyped... Swan Song logo on one side, Ingress logo on the other. Will be red sides and black thread, although this red on black test looks way meaner I think...

73002702_2497692653645388_4965960153934331904_n.jpg

Edited by Mishkin

1 hour ago, Mishkin said:

My customer order is in production and I am super hyped... Swan Song logo on one side, Ingress logo on the other. Will be red sides and black thread, although this red on black test looks way meaner I think...

73002702_2497692653645388_4965960153934331904_n.jpg

I don't know... The (almost) finished product looks pretty awesome. Does anyone think we should post photos?Β  Β :D

I just hope we have time to get the finished product to @MishkinΒ before we leave for the LA EUC Games...

Ooohh... If he volunteered to drop us off at the airport, that would provide plenty of opportunity...Β  Β ;)

• Like 1

Very nice custom work.Β 

Like I said earlier I have been playing with the idea of covering the charge ports better than just a cut out.Β 

I know you said there where some issues with not cutting out, but since I don't have my wheel I can't see what that would be.Β 

I am this little concept thought for you @The Fat Unicyclist

I placed the strap and Velcro parts in that order shown due to it staying in place and not pulling too much on fabric and yet sealing the lower cut out.Β 

It does need tweak in size and placement. Just a concept.Β 

• Like 1

That is a pretty good idea. What I think have noticed from having a prototype coverΒ is because the cover is under light tension when stretched over the wheel, any uneven cutout will stretch slightly differently based on how much material there is to spread the load. So a flap styleΒ cutout also creates a slightΒ "gap". ThatΒ might have to be addressed as well for a super clean look (or not). See the crappy drawing below.

But similar to your idea, what if there was just a 3M style velcro strip stuck directly on to the charging port flap of wheel, and velcro stitched onto the underside of the Bodyguard flap? Then the cover would stick directly to the case, but wouldn't need the extra loop mechanism in your idea? Not sure if it would be better or worse, just another possible way.

Β 

image.png.9eff7305ef0787e96f44a128e8ebfa25.png

Β 

[Edit], actually you might still need the loop... in fact what I'm suggesting is barely different to what your video shows, now that I think about it more, other than attachingΒ the velcro directly to the wheels charging port flap.

Edited by Mishkin

Thought I'd start to learn to go backwards now I've received my euc bodygaurd , dropped the wheel a couple of times and it just drops soft no hard clunk on the ground due to the Euc bodyguard , it really is a good product saves your wheel from scratches and that horrible noise when it hits the ground it's gone 😁 thx @The Fat Unicyclist,,,i like it πŸ‘Β 

Only made this video for me but thought I'd post it anyway and never dropped it when videoing πŸ˜‚

Β 

• Like 1