EUC Bodyguard - KS-16X

12 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Okay everyone, here we go...

We have confirmed that we can provide an EUC Bodyguard for the kS-16X and it should be available from the first (maybe second) week in October.

However, we can only manufacture a certain number of units per day, so (to help us manage production) we are putting up a pre-order page on our website at 20:00 GMT on Saturday (or maybe a little later, if I sleep in)... That is about 10 hours from the time of this post.

Orders will be processed on a first come, first served basis, so be ready to get in early if you don't want to wait any longer than you need to!

Note: NZ orders (bundled with wheel sales) will take precedence over other orders.

Jeeez😁😁 i want one.. What colours are you doing 👍👍 looks fab tbh well done 👍👍 

Will you put a link up please

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

@The Fat Unicyclist can you shoot a brief video at night time (on the dark) showing how well lights are seen from different angles please?

That is the one thing I don't like as much with my KS18L/XL bodyguard. It kinda blocks led lights a bit. 

I really like that red colours sample you have. 

Al most forgot, do you know if it is compatible with the 3rd party seat option too? 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, stephen said:

Jeeez😁😁 i want one.. What colours are you doing 👍👍 looks fab tbh well done 👍👍 

Will you put a link up please

Thanks for that @stephen, we always love feedback (expecially when it's good).

I am working on the page now and will link it as soon as it is available, which will be 20:00 GMT!

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

@The Fat Unicyclist can you shoot a brief video at night time (on the dark) showing how well lights are seen from different angles please?

That is the one thing I don't like as much with my KS18L/XL bodyguard. It kinda blocks led lights a bit. 

I really like that red colours sample you have. 

Al most forgot, do you know if it is compatible with the 3rd party seat option too? 

This is just the last protoype, but as soon as we get the final version assembled we can do a video for that... The lights on the bottom half aren't actually covered at all, it is just the top half.

I don't recall whether your 18L Bodyguard was an "original" or had the larger holes that we changed to later. We are working on maximum visibility for these though.

The colours we will initially be offering for the 16X cover are red, blue or all black... Go the All Blacks!   :thumbup:   Sorry, couldn't help that.

I haven't seen how the seat fits to the 16X, so I can't confirm that they are compatible. But the handle isn't covered by the Bodyguard, so it's possible.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The colours we will initially be offering for the 16X cover are red, blue or all black.

I think I'll have to get all black, even though i like the colours i prefer the stealth look so no one notices 👍

9 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

pre-order page on our website at 20:00 GMT on Saturday (or maybe a little later, if I sleep in

Oi wake up and get them on the website😁😁😊😊😊👍👍

23 minutes ago, stephen said:

Oi wake up and get them on the website😁😁😊😊😊👍👍

Available now... https://www.roll.nz/int/store/64-134-euc-bodyguard-for-ks-16x.html#/52-colour_combination-black_black

1 hour ago, stephen said:

I think I'll have to get all black, even though i like the colours i prefer the stealth look so no one notices 👍

If you want a "stealth model" we can make them without the LED holes...

39 minutes ago, stephen said:

Do you have a promo code 😊

Your a funny guy!   :roflmao:

40 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm looking at the black one 👍 is this the same material as the 18l cover?

Shipping cost will i get charged duty on this

Yes, the same material... Neoprene with a nylon inner layer and toughened protective outer layer.

A couple of our early UK customers have been pinged by customs. But we now have a better option for tracked shipping into the UK and (as far as we are aware) most orders slip through without too much molestation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

If you want a "stealth model" we can make them without the LED holes...

I like the holes i can always turn the lights off lol.i just want black so it don't stand out to much  👍👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yunicycle said:

Curious, will these be available at ewheels anytime soon like the 18XL's?

For every new model, we initially like to sell direct. This allows us to get feedback directly from our customers, which helps us improve on what we can offer.   :)

Once we know our customers are happy and everything is good, we will be making these availalbe to other resellers (including eWheels). Whether they choose to stock them or not is their decision though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stephen said:

@The Fat Unicyclist do you do the colours in reverse as in ,,the black on the side panels and the blue around the edge etc . Like the xl models ,, I'd prefer that if was choosing

We went the way we did as the LED holes are on the edge pieces (and they aren't as obvious when the lights are off).

We can do it either way though and were even talking earlier today about making the next sample up that way. But if you don't want to wait until we get that done, you can order now and add a comment about how you want it done and we can work that through for you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

We went the way we did as the LED holes are on the edge pieces (and they aren't as obvious when the lights are off).

We can do it either way though and were even talking earlier today about making the next sample up that way. But if you don't want to wait until we get that done, you can order now and add a comment about how you want it done and we can work that through for you!

Thanks that's great I'll order now and leave comment 👍 excellent customer service 😊😊

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:33 PM, Mishkin said:

I've had a Bodyguard on my 16S for a year and can't imagine what my wheel would look like without it... (I'll give you a clue it would be beaten to pieces!).

You do know that we sell spare parts too, don't you?   :D

On 9/22/2019 at 6:48 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

if you want a "stealth model" we can make them without the LED holes

How do you  note you require a stealth cover when ordering

As would like to keep the holes for the 2 x tail lights but not the edge LEDs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

How do you  note you require a stealth cover when ordering

As would like to keep the holes for the 2 x tail lights but not the edge LEDs

I sent email just to make sure but there is an option to leave note ,it's when you get to the shipping part for some reason

• Like 2