I got a shaking issue with 18xl

kuechi

The other i was on my usual route. About half way the wheel started to jerk like crazy. I turned it off and on again but still after a couple feet wheeling it it jerks again. 

I opened up the wheel, checking the mother board, connections and axle. It seems that everything is tight and good. 

I accidentally reset the wheel my unplgging the battery connectors and pushing the button again to discharge. 

I put back all the screws and casing of the wheel and tried it last night and it was fine now.

Do you guys think it was a software issue? I’m on the latest firmware. I didn’t see any debris stuck on the wheel while opening. 

Hopefully it stays good that way.

• 4 weeks later...

I too have experienced this yesterday. First power cut off while in Trolley mode. After Turning it back on and trolleying for 100 ft or so it started violently shaking. I was able to turn it off. I've rode it home after without any issues. Still quite alarming. Will be asking my supplier for more info

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 1:28 PM, Eric plam said:

Hi

I experienced the same with my 18xl..

A shake, then the wheel beeps..

I changed the motor, brackets and inner shell. Still does it..

Any solution?

Hey did you figure out what the problem is? My king song 18 l is doing the same thing

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 1:28 PM, Eric plam said:

Hi

I experienced the same with my 18xl..

A shake, then the wheel beeps..

I changed the motor, brackets and inner shell. Still does it..

Any solution?

only 2-3 things left it could be. Software  (try firmware update/revert).  Or component failure (inspect/replace board). Or wiring fault (check wires). As complex as they may seem, its just a few basic subsytems to diagnose. I would venture to say that checking the board and its mountings, along with pedal hangers was a good first idea. FIrmware is so easy, silly not to check it.

Where you at @Eric plam? Surely you've fixed it or discarded by now...

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 2 years later...

My king song 18xl is also shaking and gets worse and worse. I open it tighten loos screws on the pedal mount but that doesn't seem to make any difference. 

The problem goes away,how? I don't know. And a day or three later it happens again until it goes away.  Turning it around and riding back in front some times helps and some times it doesn't.  Any one have any more info on this?

18 minutes ago, Dennis kush said:

My king song 18xl is also shaking and gets worse and worse. I open it tighten loos screws on the pedal mount but that doesn't seem to make any difference. 

This could result from a broken shell or loose motherboard, too.

1 hour ago, Dennis kush said:

Any one have any more info on this?

The six bolts that attach the case to the metal pedal hangars need to be tightened.

Also apply low strength thread locker, to prevent the bolts from loosening again.

That will fix the problem.

No more violent shaking/vibrating.

1 hour ago, Dennis kush said:

The problem goes away,how? I don't know. And a day or three later it happens again until it goes away.  Turning it around and riding back in front some times helps and some times it doesn't.  Any one have any more info on this?

Most cases where the body starts shaking. Is when the plastic around pedal hangers are cracked.. If plastic is cracked - the screws that hold the body to pedals, isn't holding anymore.. It's that "box" like shape that goes around pedals. Check the "box" corners for cracks. (You need to bend/move the plastic little bit, or you may even miss the cracks..)

Another thing usually is when screws come loose, be pedals or motherboard.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Paul A said:

If the plastic is cracked, a plastic glue might help.

Have not used a plastic glue, don't know how strong and effective they are.

Could mean end of life for an EUC if cheap plastic breaks.

Need to improve design.

2 compound resin + some fabric does wonders on euc body.. You don't need to buy any new shell - ever.

Plastic glue "alone" are weak.. The fabric is most important part when glueing something! It gives the structural strength. (Strings hold the crack together. Simple glue will crack again..)

• Thanks 1