Offroad tire

dmethvin

I fitted a Mad Mike on one of my IPS132's last February and it works very well on soft wet mud where the standard tyres struggle.

On tarmac and other hard surfaces it makes an interesting extra quiet roar/hum but the ride isn't affected noticable. 

It's unfortunate they don't make them in 14".

@Tom, maybe this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenda-K48-Bicycle-Tyre-inches/dp/B00GOAQ7BG/

There are a few others listed on that page as well. Even in white, that would make a statement!

Edit: The important dimension there would be the width, you would want to make sure it fit into the case of your EUC. Most of the common EUC tires are 14x2.125.

@Tom, maybe this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenda-K48-Bicycle-Tyre-inches/dp/B00GOAQ7BG/

There are a few others listed on that page as well. Even in white, that would make a statement!

Edit: The important dimension there would be the width, you would want to make sure it fit into the case of your EUC. Most of the common EUC tires are 14x2.125.

I didn't actually realise there was a 'standard' 14" tire that works also wiht EuC, this is great news! Ahh, so many choices :D 

I wonder why they don't make a double wide tire "all-terrain" version of a EUC like a mountain bike vs. ten speed bike (conventional EUC).  They make all different diameter wheels.  Someone needs to make a doube wide motor rim that can take on a real off-roading tire.

There is a post of an EUC with a big balloon tire in some thread around here. The main problem is that you can't retrofit a big wide tire onto a standard EUC, so that limits your choices. These skinny knobby tires fit so it solves that problem. However, you do still need to be careful with the width of the tire. Some of the knobbies have extra width due to their side knobs and won't fit the wheel well. 

Archived