Bluetooth indicator on the Z10

Toshio Uemura

I just bought myself another Z10 as a spare in case they ever stop producing this beautiful wheel. And I noticed that my new Z10 has a Bluetooth indicator right above the charging indicator. It looks pretty cool. My old Z10 does not have that. Does anybody know since when this minor change was implemented by Ninebot and if there are any other changes and improvements made in recent Z10 models? 

17A28D16-5021-4B7A-AE1C-2FD4D799C82F.jpeg

I have one of the first Z10's in the States and it has the Bluetooth indicator. Received mine August 2018.

Maybe your indicator was broken?  If you use a bright light and shine it at an angle on the display area (with the wheel off) you can see the LED elements for both the battery and Bluetooth. Check to see if you can see the Bluetooth LED.

I believe the newer models have a different headlamp that doesn't blind people/cars. And the trolley handle is stiffer.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I have one of the first Z10's in the States and it has the Bluetooth indicator. Received mine August 2018.

Maybe your indicator was broken?  If you use a bright light and shine it at an angle on the display area (with the wheel off) you can see the LED elements for both the battery and Bluetooth. Check to see if you can see the Bluetooth LED.

I believe the newer models have a different headlamp that doesn't blind people/cars. And the trolley handle is stiffer.

Actually you are right. I just checked. There is a Bluetooth indicator. One that I had never even noticed. And it works BUT it is ABOVE the charging indicator not BELOW (between charging port and charging indicator). I wonder why they did such a minor and rather unnecessary change. Are there any changes in firmware or specs? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Actually you are right. I just checked. There is a Bluetooth indicator. One that I had never even noticed. And it works BUT it is ABOVE the charging indicator not BELOW (between charging port and charging indicator). I wonder why they did such a minor and rather unnecessary change. Are there any changes in firmware or specs? 

Hmmm. I wonder if whomever assembled your Z10 put the LED module in upside down. I assume it's one module with two display components?

I've been updating my firmware as new versions are released, so I have to assume we all have the same firmware. There haven't been any updates in many months.

In a recent post by @Hsiang, it was mentioned that he had direct communication with Segway-Ninebot in which they told him the Z10 had undergone some changes earlier this year (without any clarification on "what exactly")  Also, another interesting teaser was mentioned by them about an upcoming "Z10 Pro" (no other details confirmed!!!!) but I for one would be stoked to hear more when details do become available.

Segway-Ninebot are notorious for keeping things/changes secret and have obviously made a specific change to the display area for reasons only they know (possibly to re-position the light sensor for a more reliable operation?), judging by @Toshio Uemura's photo. 

In earlier versions (most likely prior to April 2019 as Segway-Ninebot claim various changes/fixes have been made since), the layout was as @Marty Backe initially describes on his/my version, with the Bluetooth indicator above the battery indicator.  (If they had done a 'GotWay' and installed the whole module upside down, I think the battery symbol would have been inverted too!)

The area below the battery indicator was where the headlight sensor was situated, which I suspect must have now been moved to the position above the battery indicator?  @Lukasz made a power button/light sensor mod (pictured here) that outlines which area of the display each one of the Three used to occupy.

Luk Luk light sensor mod.jpg

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1