18XL Voodoo

FlyboyEUC

KS 18XL voodoo... I was riding home today, just like every other day, and I stopped to take a picture of the thunderstorm approaching. I had one foot on, one foot off. I felt the wheel tilting and I looked down to see my wheel tilting all the way back, pause, then slowly tilt back to neutral... I've been having weird stuff like this happen throughout my entire time owning this wheel. Although this has been the most bizarre. 

Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by Flyboy10

It wasn't raining, unless you were speaking metaphorically. This typically happens when slowing to a stop, never during acceleration or cruising. Wheel has never gotten above 60°C.

Definitely doesn’t sound like normal wheel behaviour.  It almost seems like the wheel loses it’s level reference, and it’s trying to find it again by the tilt action.   Best to contact dealer to confirm mainboard issue?  Self-balancing electric unicycle and unpredictable, unexplainable behaviour you do not want to mix.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

The first step would be to do a proper calibration while the wheel is perfectly still and level in the left-right direction. If that doesn’t help, I would check if there is a firmware update available.

After every update the calibration should be done again.

2 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

@mrelwood Why is there a need to redo the calibration after every firmware update?

Because KS representative @Micheal Shen said so. That would be sufficient for me. I guess they may make changes to some of the algorithms that utilize the sensors, or store or read the calibration data differently.

• Like 1