340WH IPS Zero - Shipping Status UPDATE

Chrispy

After a good discussion with IPS, they have given an update on shipping of the 340wh Zero's. 

There was some logistical issue in which FedEx would not let them ship to anywhere in the world. 

They are now going to ship via air, and then local UPS express.

You can track the air shipment at the following site: hhttp://www.madrooex.com/index-en.aspx

Search using the following: IPS201509005

Will let you all know if I hear anything new! 

Thanks! 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seller should have never accepted your order in the first place. TONY said he never lied but knew deep inside that the item is still not yet in production. But be assured that this unicycle is supremely superior and noisy and you will eventually receive your order whether in a week or in a month's time.

I mean, this is also part of the Chinese culture. I'm not trying to be racist, but from past experience this is how Asians do business. They will do everything they possibly can to avoid saying "no", or that they were mistaken. The fact that Tony is telling us that the 340Wh batteries just finished manufacturing is a big thing to admit, especially for their culture. You should be happy you were told that much.

Bottom line is, you WILL get your EUC. This is a quality product.

I mean, this is also part of the Chinese culture. I'm not trying to be racist, but from past experience this is how Asians do business. They will do everything they possibly can to avoid saying "no", or that they were mistaken. The fact that Tony is telling us that the 340Wh batteries just finished manufacturing is a big thing to admit, especially for their culture. You should be happy you were told that much.

Bottom line is, you WILL get your EUC. This is a quality product.

And it's a little bit like a salesman thing to do (i.e. car salesman for instance).  Say whatever you have to say to make the sale.  Say whatever you have to say to keep the sale.

And it's a little bit like a salesman thing to do (i.e. car salesman for instance).  Say whatever you have to say to make the sale.  Say whatever you have to say to keep the sale.

I've always thought that "the best" salesmen have at least slight sociopathic tendencies :D  Seems to especially hold true for the software business ("of course, our coders are experts on this and will do this over the weekend with their left hand, and it will cost next to nothing")... Personally, I've faced a situation where I was being "sold" as an expert of a language I've never used, luckily we never got the project. :P  Some statistics we were shown back in school showed that most large software projects (don't remember the percentage, more than 80%?) go either over their budget or deadline, or both.

Some statistics we were shown back in school showed that most large software projects (don't remember the percentage, more than 80%?) go either over their budget or deadline, or both.

By personal experience (some 25 years in managing large IT projects), 80% is a rather conservative fail rate assumption (my own projects excluded, of course B)).

By personal experience (some 25 years in managing large IT projects), 80% is a rather conservative fail rate assumption (my own projects excluded, of course B)).

Yeah, it might have been higher (>90% or >95%)... :D  I think the problem is that the customers always want the project done fast and cheap, and the contract goes to the salesman who either has no clue how long a project usually really takes (it could be that they don't always even know what they're selling), or just "colour" the numbers a bit to make the deal look better for the client ;) There's an incentive for them to do this especially if they get bonuses for projects sold (even if the projects later on fail or go over budget or whatever). Hell, it could even be in their interest to underestimate the cost and time on purpose on the first round, as that makes it more likely for them to get the sale and especially if they get more bonuses for renegotiating the contract later on, after the deadline/budget has failed and the company gets to pump more money from the customer :D I've always said I'd be too honest to be a salesman. "Buy this shit and regret later!" :P

Edit: the above talks about software world in general, although similar things probably happen in other areas of business too. Estimating the length and required resources of a software project isn't easy, as there are usually a LOT of unknown further problems down the road at the start, key personnel could switch jobs etc, which makes it much more difficult, but still I think the initial contracts are almost always too optimistic  ;)

and then there is topic creep :)

Adding to my original post:

[10/18/2015 10:07:56 PM] Chris Price: Hi - any update on shipping?
[10/18/2015 10:08:43 PM] IPS Unicycle: today or tomorrow you will see
[10/18/2015 10:09:03 PM] IPS Unicycle: SHANGHAI custom check the package
[10/18/2015 10:09:15 PM] Chris Price: OK - thank you

and then there is topic creep :)

Adding to my original post:

[10/18/2015 10:07:56 PM] Chris Price: Hi - any update on shipping?
[10/18/2015 10:08:43 PM] IPS Unicycle: today or tomorrow you will see
[10/18/2015 10:09:03 PM] IPS Unicycle: SHANGHAI custom check the package
[10/18/2015 10:09:15 PM] Chris Price: OK - thank you

I am waiting for my 340 like You, Chrispy. It looks like our communication with Tony was the same. After so many promises I know one thing. I MUST WAIT AND BE PATIENT. Also, I really enjoy to see other zero's users, reviews, comments...  

I am waiting for my 340 like You, Chrispy. It looks like our communication with Tony was the same. After so many promises I know one thing. I MUST WAIT AND BE PATIENT. Also, I really enjoy to see other zero's users, reviews, comments...  

Happy to wait and be patient. Unhappy to be fed misinformation. I am just giving transparency to the community on what to expect during interactions with IPS. 

I have to believe in something. 

IPS sent to me two tracking numbers. They surprised me because I didn't ask for that. First number is the same as I had earlier, second belongs to UPS.  Both numbers are OK. Then I checked madrooex.com. IPS delivered Zeros to agency, last info was that those packages were in Hongqiao airport.

;-) 

Good discussion with IPS today. They confirmed delivery will be done with different shipper. Ill leave this discussion active for another day or 2, then let IPS post their own update for the community. 

Hello - 

I've been lurking for a few weeks now, and so I've just about finished reading every thread on this entire forum.  This EUC bug is nasty once it gets ahold of you!  I was hoping I might be able to get some advice about the IPS Zero, specifically the 340wh model.  

On 10/19 (last Monday), I placed an order for the 340wh model through a vendor referenced on this forum, although not one of the common IPS vendors referenced.  For now, I feel it is appropriate to keep that part confidential, but may reveal depending on response to my question.  I am in Texas, and this vendor is in the U.S. but has mfg ship directly from China.

I was guaranteed that this model would ship within 5 days of my purchase.  It has yet to ship.  I have spoken to the owner of this company several times, but he has no update nor explanation for the delay.  I've been closely following the threads regarding potential issues with the Zero, but have been assured that there are no problems and that the mfg is shipping the 340 model.  Until today, I have felt that he has been more or less honest with me... until yesterday, when I asked for him to either provide a tracking number or an explanation from the mfg, or otherwise cancel my transaction.  Got a response today that he reached out to them yesterday (Tuesday), and the response he received was "they were out of the office."  Which sounds fishy.

All that to say:

1. Am I correct that this person is either in over his head, or perhaps attempting to scam me?  I highly doubt the latter, but am increasingly suspicious of the former.
  2. Where, oh where, can I purchase a 340wh IPS Zero, to be shipped to Texas?  I'm sick and tired of riding a horse.  ;)
  3. My backup plan, I guess, is to order either the 16" Lhotz, the MCM4 Gotway, or possibly the King Song.  I am an avid golfer, and really like the idea of playing a round carrying the wheel in the cart and zooming over to hit my shanked drives.  Can anyone provide a compelling case for once of these?

Thank you in advance for any guidance.  I apologize for such a long first message!

Sincerely,

Jeff Peel

jeffpeel@gmail.com

I am in Texas, and this vendor is in the U.S. but has mfg ship directly from China.

I was guaranteed that this model would ship within 5 days of my purchase.  It has yet to ship.  I have spoken to the owner of this company several times, but he has no update nor explanation for the delay. .

All that to say:

1. Am I correct that this person is either in over his head, or perhaps attempting to scam me?  I highly doubt the latter, but am increasingly suspicious of the former.
  2. Where, oh where, can I purchase a 340wh IPS Zero, to be shipped to Texas?  I'm sick and tired of riding a horse.  ;)
  3. My backup plan, I guess, is to order either the 16" Lhotz, the MCM4 Gotway, or possibly the King Song.  I am an avid golfer, and really like the idea of playing a round carrying the wheel in the cart and zooming over to hit my shanked drives.  Can anyone provide a compelling case for once of these?

Jeff,

This is the risk you run when you purchase from someone who has mfg "ship directly from China". Its like a drop-ship sale where the sale was made thru this company but you are left to deal with the mfg and issues arising on their side. Really what power does the company have to force mfg's hand? I don't think he's scamming you. I myself am waiting to receive a shipment of the IPS Zero 340wh units but haven't gotten them yet. They've been stuck in 'In Transit' status for a looong time with the last update prior being 'Shanghai airport'.

I hope your order ships soon b/c waiting for an EUC you placed an order for can be... agonizing!

We already have a member who just received his 340wh IPS Zero so that's good news. But since your order was placed only on 19/10, then you might still be among the unlucky ones who are last in line and it might take a lot longer for you to receive your item.

For choices,  Kingsong 14c 800w 640wh is the clear winner by a far margin in terms of performance and safety as tested by our forum leaders. You can't go wrong with this model.

Archived