340WH IPS Zero - Shipping Status UPDATE

Chrispy

Thank you for the quick replies.  I've been patient, but I feel like I've waited long enough and I'll unfortunately have to change course.  Purchased via PayPal, looks like I should be fine there if it comes to that; in fairness, I am confident he will do the right thing.  

Sounds like I'll need to scratch the idea of the Zero entirely for now.  Too bad.

I'm starting to think maybe I'll just go with the Lhotz, as it seems proven, and even the Gotway MCM14 seems to be experiencing some trouble of its own; not to mention the hassle of getting a Gotway here in the states.  It would be nice to have an update on the 16" King Song.  I am unclear as to which model is speedier, the Lhotz or the KS14c you are referencing, SlowMo.  

The 3 weeks since I began researching which wheel to purchase, has been a virtual case study in the positive effects of competition (at least, for the consumer).  Lhotz, 16" King Song, MCM14, MSuper, Zero...  Starting to look like the Ninebot Pro may be obselete before it's even available... 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We already have a member who just received his 340wh IPS Zero so that's good news. But since your order was placed only on 19/10, then you might still be among the unlucky ones who are last in line and it might take a lot longer for you to receive your item.

For choices,  Kingsong 14c 800w 640wh is the clear winner by a far margin in terms of performance and safety as tested by our forum leaders. You can't go wrong with this model.

I'd love to buy this, but I can't find one.  Definitely not one with the enhancements Jason McNeil refers to:

• Reduce the absolute low-voltage threshold from 55v to 50v
  • Improved water proofing around the side-panels
  • Include 4A fast chargers as standard
  • Smoother ride, especially at top speed
  • Tilt-back implementation at 30kph (2kph faster than originals)
  • Up-rated control-board supporting over 3,500W peak power

I would order one immediately if I could find it here... :(

I'd love to buy this, but I can't find one.  Definitely not one with the enhancements Jason McNeil refers to:

• Reduce the absolute low-voltage threshold from 55v to 50v
  • Improved water proofing around the side-panels
  • Include 4A fast chargers as standard
  • Smoother ride, especially at top speed
  • Tilt-back implementation at 30kph (2kph faster than originals)
  • Up-rated control-board supporting over 3,500W peak power

I would order one immediately if I could find it here... :(

Try to check electricunicyclereviews.com or pm @KaleOsaurusRex

8 hours ago, Bob said:

Welcome 

DSC_0177.JPG

Bob,

Your unit was delivered via UPS? Besides the Madrooex # which shows status in mostly Chinese, were you able to track on UPS website? Where did u get the UPS tracking # if so? Thanks!

John

15 minutes ago, Brett Mitchell said:

Got my 340 today too!

Hey Brett,

Did UPS deliver your unit? Did you have a UPS tracking #? I've been following Madrooex shipping status and its very vague, I have no idea when to expect my wheel. Thanks!

John

8 hours ago, johnc415 said:

Bob,

Your unit was delivered via UPS? Besides the Madrooex # which shows status in mostly Chinese, were you able to track on UPS website? Where did u get the UPS tracking # if so? Thanks!

John

I have no idea what was the story with Fedex. On the box I see Fedex label... What I know about journey:

Madrooex.com - way in China plus from China to Europe. It has been sent via... 

When my Zero arrived to Europe (Holland), it has been sent to UPS, and then I was able to check via ups.com or waybilltracking.com. Two days later: surprise surprise. 

I was waiting nearly two months. What I know for now is:

- You have to be VERY, VERY, VERY patient, 

- Tony from IPS will send You Zero, earlier or later 

- IPS ZERO 340 Wh - good quality product, it is worth those money.

16 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Thanks guys, we've got a very interesting upgrade in the works. Announcement to follow within the next week or two.

So if someone was out shopping for a Zero they would be wise to wait a couple of weeks no?

Because it's the safety issue regarding shutdowns that's holding me back right now.

And also the winter is coming:)

On 10/28/2015, 11:22:18, JeffPeel said:

Hello - 

I've been lurking for a few weeks now, and so I've just about finished reading every thread on this entire forum.  This EUC bug is nasty once it gets ahold of you!  I was hoping I might be able to get some advice about the IPS Zero, specifically the 340wh model.  

On 10/19 (last Monday), I placed an order for the 340wh model through a vendor referenced on this forum, although not one of the common IPS vendors referenced.  For now, I feel it is appropriate to keep that part confidential, but may reveal depending on response to my question.  I am in Texas, and this vendor is in the U.S. but has mfg ship directly from China.

I was guaranteed that this model would ship within 5 days of my purchase.  It has yet to ship.  I have spoken to the owner of this company several times, but he has no update nor explanation for the delay.  I've been closely following the threads regarding potential issues with the Zero, but have been assured that there are no problems and that the mfg is shipping the 340 model.  Until today, I have felt that he has been more or less honest with me... until yesterday, when I asked for him to either provide a tracking number or an explanation from the mfg, or otherwise cancel my transaction.  Got a response today that he reached out to them yesterday (Tuesday), and the response he received was "they were out of the office."  Which sounds fishy.

All that to say:

1. Am I correct that this person is either in over his head, or perhaps attempting to scam me?  I highly doubt the latter, but am increasingly suspicious of the former.
  2. Where, oh where, can I purchase a 340wh IPS Zero, to be shipped to Texas?  I'm sick and tired of riding a horse.  ;)
  3. My backup plan, I guess, is to order either the 16" Lhotz, the MCM4 Gotway, or possibly the King Song.  I am an avid golfer, and really like the idea of playing a round carrying the wheel in the cart and zooming over to hit my shanked drives.  Can anyone provide a compelling case for once of these?

Thank you in advance for any guidance.  I apologize for such a long first message!

Sincerely,

Jeff Peel

jeffpeel@gmail.com

Looks like I'm going to get to eat crow, vendor got it done (see below).  He has been working diligently to hold up his end of the bargain.  When it began looking bleak (mfg was incommunicado for a time), he offered to work with me on some alternate solutions.  Even discounted a bag for me, although I'm not sure what I will use it for, as I'll be on the damn thing all the time.  

I want to give credit where it's due.  Thank you to Garrett w/ Future Unicycle.  He's new in biz, but that also has its advantages (your order will matter to him - a lot - and he answers his cell.  Ya'll keep him in mind!

Date Time
Area
details
2015-10-30 17:22:43
/
 In transit on the way
2015-10-29 23:16:00
ShangHai
 In transit
2015-10-29 16:49:00
Shanghai Transit Center in China
 Leave the scan
2015-10-29 14:57:00
Shanghai Operation Center in China
 Waiting for the transshipment
2015-10-29 17:50:54
HONGQIAO SHANGHAI
 Leaving the distribution center
2015-10-29 17:49:47
HONGQIAO SHANGHAI
 Enter the distribution center

1 hour ago, JeffPeel said:

Date Time
Area
details
2015-10-30 17:22:43
/
 In transit on the way
2015-10-29 23:16:00
ShangHai
 In transit
2015-10-29 16:49:00
Shanghai Transit Center in China
 Leave the scan
2015-10-29 14:57:00
Shanghai Operation Center in China
 Waiting for the transshipment
2015-10-29 17:50:54
HONGQIAO SHANGHAI
 Leaving the distribution center
2015-10-29 17:49:47
HONGQIAO SHANGHAI
 Enter the distribution center

Hi Jeff,

Let's see, how do I say this... I respond in the hopes to 'manage your expectations' and nothing more (really). I've copied the status for my order below from IPS. I wish you do not have the same thing happen you!

Having to wait for this order from IPS has been a joke. I initially placed my order in late Aug so you would consider me one of the first "pre-order" customers. I check the status everyday to see "In transit on the way" being repeated. I emailed Tony a response and he tells me its stuck in customs (although I'm not sure how he figures that given the above limited information). BUT on the bright side, the other forum members on this thread seem to have received their 340Wh units in Europe!

status 10.30.JPG

But I'm special. ;)

I'm just happy that the possibility of being scammed (which I never really thought was the case) has been eliminated.  That Garrett's fledgling company might not, for one reason or another, be capable of securing a unit this early was a more realistic concern; even that has been addressed to my satisfaction. 

I hear you though, and will temper my delivery expectations.  Thank you for the head's up, and sorry you're still waiting for yours.  I guess we now know why they named it.  Between the two of us, we have received "Zero" of IPS' newest EUC.

50 minutes ago, JeffPeel said:

But I'm special. ;)

I'm just happy that the possibility of being scammed (which I never really thought was the case) has been eliminated.  That Garrett's fledgling company might not, for one reason or another, be capable of securing a unit this early was a more realistic concern; even that has been addressed to my satisfaction. 

I hear you though, and will temper my delivery expectations.  Thank you for the head's up, and sorry you're still waiting for yours.  I guess we now know why they named it.  Between the two of us, we have received "Zero" of IPS' newest EUC.

Just cross your fingers when it arrives. ;)

On 28 October 2015 at 21:56:30, johnc415 said:

Hey Brett,

Did UPS deliver your unit? Did you have a UPS tracking #? I've been following Madrooex shipping status and its very vague, I have no idea when to expect my wheel. Thanks!

John

Hi John,

.             Yes UPS delivered the wheel,I had a tracking number which Tony Lee gave me prior to it leaving the factory,it then went to Utrecht in Holland,and then over here to Barking,and I tracked it down to Exeter.

I had waited two months for it!

Cheers Brett

Archived