Best EUC up to 750€

Rado Phamvan

The v5f is now and then on promotion at 400€, at which is had a very good “bang for the bucks” ratio for beginners. Else the KS16S is a solid classic that can sometimes be found at 750€ second hand. Second hand Tesla or KS14S should also be in that range. 

There aren’t that many models yet, if you read around a bit you’ll get the picture and be able to sort out your priorities. If your not too heavy the v5f is a nice starter.

Edited by Mimolette

well that depends.. you talking aliexpress or you talking locally? locally you cant get squat for that maybe inmotion v5f is it, which is not a bad wheel but its about the lowest wheel that i would ever recommend as a starter wheel... on aliexpress you can get more option but not much new lol.. im tempted to say wait and save for something better because for ~350 euro more you have waaaaaay more options and can get something thats actually good and you wont outgrow in a couple months.. if youre absolutely dead set on that price though then get an inmotion V8 thats the best youre gonna be able to get new... if youre considering second hand which is very hit or miss you could get lucky and like mimolette said a 14S or 16S is a huge jump from a V8, tesla or MCM5 are also viable options.. in order i would rank them V5F, V8, MCM5, 14S, 16S, Tesla being the best.. you will never find something better than any of those for that price

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rado Phamvan said:

hi, i am interested in buying electric unicycle but i have budget just about 750€ ... do you have any recommendations what kind of EUC is the best value for that price?

I just bought a V8 for that price from Aliexpress. Including shipping and there were no taxes. Ask if the sellers have stock in Europe so you get no customs and delivery in days. I bought it as my second wheel to keep in my car and use for smaller errands. It’s also used by my spouse. It’s built well and has nice features. But the power is a bit lacking. There will be upgraded version of it very soon. I personally think that’s your best option if you cannot find a used wheel. If you can find a deal of KS16S for less than 1000€, maybe save a bit and try to increase your budget. For 1000€ you have more options, like Tesla, KS16S, Inmotion V10, and maybe some others also. 

• Like 1

I agree with the above. Be patient and save a bit more, or go second hand. 750 is JUST too little to get a really great wheel. You will quickly hit the limits of the V5F once you get used to it. It's a great city wheel when there is a lot of people you need to go around, but other than that it's not fast and doesn't have great range/motor.

BTW didn't we have an identical topic not long ago?

• Like 1

V8 is from 2016. It used to be one of the best. Now it’s being updated very soon. Here’s the post from Inmotion representative. 

so it’s the worst time to buy your best option for 750€. So wait a bit or try to come up with 250€ more and get a much better wheel that lasts you longer. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rado Phamvan said:

a great deal.. read the description carefully.... the first one is a junk starter wheel

motor:900W battery:170WH life:20+-4km max speed:30km/h Slope angle: 25 degrees Waterproof grade: IPE56 Foot pedal height: 12CM

motor:1500W battery:800WH life:60-80km max speed:35km/h Slope angle: 25 degrees Waterproof grade: IPE56 Foot pedal height: 12CM

the mcm5 is a great wheel.. in its 84V 800 wh form... the botched version is a 64V 170 wh with a much weaker motor.. the mcm5 is no small wheel, its pretty much the same size as an average 16" euc, and 170 wh is laughable.. so buying it in the format as the first link would be a very poor decision if you ask me.. and before you ask, no it cannot be easily upgraded later.. the electronics are completely different.. EVEN if it was possible to simply add a gotway battery, which it isnt, because they dont sell non 84V batteries.. the cost of putting in an equivalent battery would already put you at more than the cost of just getting the best one.. plus you would still have the weaker motor. i cant imagine recommending this wheel to anyone

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Rado Phamvan said:

The 170Wh battery of the cheaper model won't carry you for 20km, maybe 15km if you're light weight, and you can't ride as fast towards the end. As a rule of thumb, you can divide the watthours by 15 or 20 to get the actual range in kilometers, it varies depending on your weight, riding style, uphills etc though.

And in case you were wondering, buying the cheap model and then upgrading the battery packs to the bigger option later on will likely be more expensive in total than buying the big battery-version directly. The batteries are usually the most expensive part of the entire wheel, except for the very small batteries, like that 170Wh, where the most expensive part is likely the motor. I wouldn't look at anything that's less than 680Wh (for 16S/67.2V) or around 800WH or so (for 20S/84V), especially for the more powerful motors, the small batteries (less packs in parallel) cannot even give out as much power as the motor could use and you'll hit range anxiety sooner or later.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1