Tired from standing up?

Yellowman

Hello,

Finally, after 2 hours practice for 3 days in a row, I managed to feel comfortable riding in bike trails on my first wheel (the V10F).

Today I did around 12 miles but I had to stop often because my foot (non dominant foot) was cramping and hurting from standing up. I stretch and start over again but I feel driving more than 6 miles on a single stretch is painful.

Is that your experience too?

Is it normal to feel pain after a "prolonged" ride?

Please share your thoughts and advise!

Thank you!

Pain will go away over time. I think someone mentioned earlier about stretching and moving your feet while you ride. Hard to do on a dirt trail though

Don't know what wheel you have, but this is where owning a seated EUC will help immensely.  But I also believe the foot pain will decrease over time, I was also taking long breaks every 3 miles or so when I was starting due to pain, but now I can go around 10 before any pain even remotely creeps up.  The more you ride, the better it will get! 

Foot pain is a common thing. You'll get used to it and when you become better you can start moving your feet around to change the pressure points.

I rode for 40km a couple of days ago with a 15kg backpack, and it also hurt :D 

I'm about 500 km into my first euc, also a V10f.  I ride 21 km each way to work and back and my feet still get really sore.  I'll often stop and walk around for a couple of minutes mid-way.  Hoping that will settle down as my feet get stronger.  Moving around on the pedals does help, but I'm not steady enough to do that at speed, I have to slow down a bit.

22 hours ago, Yellowman said:

Hello,

Finally, after 2 hours practice for 3 days in a row, I managed to feel comfortable riding in bike trails on my first wheel (the V10F).

Today I did around 12 miles but I had to stop often because my foot (non dominant foot) was cramping and hurting from standing up. I stretch and start over again but I feel driving more than 6 miles on a single stretch is painful.

Is that your experience too?

Is it normal to feel pain after a "prolonged" ride?

Thank you!

no, youre new.. thats not a prolonged ride :P give it a few months youll be able to go 50 km without pain like its nothing.. nobody can avoid it at first and most everyone it will ease up significantly as you are more loose and relaxed and learn to shift your feet.. the v10f has on par the biggest pedals around, try doing it on pedals that only cover half your foot :P i switched out almost all of my pedals for larger ones now because you have more space to move around, dont worry about it just get off walk around for a minute and stretch your feet then get back on, experience is the only way around it

43 minutes ago, TonyGrayCanada said:

I'm about 500 km into my first euc, also a V10f.  I ride 21 km each way to work and back and my feet still get really sore.  I'll often stop and walk around for a couple of minutes mid-way.  Hoping that will settle down as my feet get stronger.  Moving around on the pedals does help, but I'm not steady enough to do that at speed, I have to slow down a bit.

wow you get some good riding in before work im jealous lol.. i work only 1 km away but ive ridden every single day rain, snow, or shine since i got my first EUC xD dont ever want to do anything else

41 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

wow you get some good riding in before work im jealous lol.. i work only 1 km away but ive ridden every single day rain, snow, or shine since i got my first EUC xD dont ever want to do anything else

You're a hero for riding every day, I may be a fair weather rider, we'll see once the rains return.

Hey  @Rywokast

did I ride past you on Gorge road sidewalk a couple of weeks ago?

3 minutes ago, TonyGrayCanada said:

You're a hero for riding every day, I may be a fair weather rider, we'll see once the rains return.

Hey  @Rywokast

did I ride past you on Gorge road sidewalk a couple of weeks ago?

hehe, oh wtf i just noticed you were in victoria lol... finally another euc rider here xD im not sure probably i go there all the time, though i never saw someone else on an EUC so i obviously missed you

13 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

My attempts to ride in snow failed. The wheel repeatedly either bogged down or slipped.

yea it depends, the fun begins when it turns to ice lmao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRNomiFcTv4 its like this here, we very rarely ever get more snow than that and it usually doesnt stick around long

On 7/23/2019 at 11:29 PM, Yellowman said:

One thing that helped me was to try to relax my feet while riding. In all the excitement, it's easy to tense up the muscles, and they just get tired faster.

As most of you said that it takes practice. I am stopping less often now, stretch a bit than continue. My tolerance increased. Today I did 2 x 8 miles. The first 8 miles I had some pain, the second 8 miles I felt good.

I guess practice + stretching + relaxing helps.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1