Tilt back/ tilt forward - High Speed/ Battery Low

yuweng

i want to ask fellow forum members how do you guys test your wheel's high speed tilt back without really going on a high speed ride ? Battery low tilt back is quite straight forward to test & very obvious, will either tilt back or tilt forward !

Spoiler

Rama Douglas's Inmotion V5F battery low tilt forward !

But the high speed tilt back, i'm not too sure. When i lift up the wheel, tilt forward, the wheel spins then the high speed buzzer sounding, when i tilt it back to stop, i can feel that there is a force preventing me to easily tilt it back. When it almost come to a stop, i quickly put it down, i can still see that it is actually still tilting forward, slowly coming back to the middle. Does this mean that it is tilting forward on high speed ?! i once fell on 25Km/h measured on GPS & nowadays i don't even dare to go over 20Km ! 

BTW, on battery low, it tilts forward instead of back, this is the famous cheap MW 30A controller, when i complained to them, they stop responding ! 

Spoiler

30A.thumb.jpg.e69a62ff5753be14af3259af730dbf84.jpg

1-7.thumb.jpg.7d15ffe5115e06a05e2efb5a7aa91b19.jpg

Does the battery low tilt forward indirectly says that it will also tilt forward on high speed ?

Edited by yuweng
Add video & photo

2 hours ago, yuweng said:

i want to ask fellow forum members how do you guys test your wheel's high speed tilt back without really going on a high speed ride ?

@Mono afair always gives the tipp to turn the tiltbackspeed down with the app so one can test tiltback at low speeds!

Battery low tilt back is quite straight forward to test & very obvious, will either tilt back or tilt forward !

Tilt forward, especially as shown in your video is a "system fault". Maybe your wheel needs some recalibration? Or just the gyro chip has severe probs?

When i lift up the wheel, tilt forward, the wheel spins then the high speed buzzer sounding, when i tilt it back to stop, i can feel that there is a force preventing me to easily tilt it back. When it almost come to a stop, i quickly put it down, i can still see that it is actually still tilting forward, slowly coming back to the middle. Does this mean that it is tilting forward on high speed ?!

Wheel behaviour while lifted has (not really) anything to do with any tilting while normal riding. What you feel as "tilt-resistance" are the "gyroscopic effects" of the (accelerating/decellerating) spinning wheel.

That the wheel tilts forward after this once you put it down, is again a system fault/gyro problem.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, yuweng said:

i want to ask fellow forum members how do you guys test your wheel's high speed tilt back without really going on a high speed ride ? Battery low tilt back is quite straight forward to test & very obvious, will either tilt back or tilt forward !

Hide contents

Rama Douglas's Inmotion V5F battery low tilt forward !

But the high speed tilt back, i'm not too sure. When i lift up the wheel, tilt forward, the wheel spins then the high speed buzzer sounding, when i tilt it back to stop, i can feel that there is a force preventing me to easily tilt it back. When it almost come to a stop, i quickly put it down, i can still see that it is actually still tilting forward, slowly coming back to the middle. Does this mean that it is tilting forward on high speed ?! i once fell on 25Km/h measured on GPS & nowadays i don't even dare to go over 20Km ! 

BTW, on battery low, it tilts forward instead of back, this is the famous cheap MW 30A controller, when i complained to them, they stop responding ! 

Does the battery low tilt forward indirectly says that it will also tilt forward on high speed ?

what the hell is going on here?? over 1100 km on a V5F and ive never seen anything like that lol.. no tilting whatsoever doesnt matter if the battery is high or low and i always ride the max speed.. if you have calibrated the wheel i would say something is definitely screwed and you need to have it checked out, not normal behavior in the slightest and definitely not safe to ride, even if it does look cool haha

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for all the fast response guys, i really appreciate it :)

@z3n Use to have one but given it away as no one is using it, looks like i'll have to look for a friend that has one to test it out

2 hours ago, Chriull said:

Wheel behaviour while lifted has (not really) anything to do with any tilting while normal riding. What you feel as "tilt-resistance" are the "gyroscopic effects" of the (accelerating/decellerating) spinning wheel.

That the wheel tilts forward after this once you put it down, is again a system fault/gyro problem.

The controller actually function well as long as its not battery low or high speed or it'll behave the opposite. i'm trying to understand the technical aspect of this, MW claim it works on all AirWheel X3/ 5/ 8 or any clone.

On ebikes we used to upgrade controllers/ motors, out of the total of 36 combinations of hall/ phase wiring will result in 6 motor spinning, for ebikes, 3 will be the correct rotation while the other 3 will be in reverse.

On EUC, of the 6 combinations, i expect 3 of them when lean forward, the wheel will be spinning backwards but its not the case. All 6 will result in correct operation except 3 of them will tilt back & 3 will tilt forward. i only tested this on battery low so i donno if it will behave the same on high speed tilt back/ tilt forward, i don't dare after the fall. Another thing is i can't use the correct tilt back combinations, the balancing is just too soft, i once fell on a very steep hill, the wheel just couldn't support my weight, luckily i just fell straight down but the wheel took the tumbling/ rolling 30 feet down the hill & survive, only scratches everywhere.

Could it be the different in hall placement that is causing this, AFAIK, there are only 60 & 120 degree. On ebikes controller, there is also this feature called 'self learning', just plug in the hall & phase wire & the controller will learn the correct combinations & i've even read that on newer controllers it is able to detect wheel size & its motor winding, When compare, ebikes controller are dirt cheap, i really don't understand why EUCs controllers are so expensive.

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

Tilt forward, especially as shown in your video is a "system fault". 

2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

what the hell is going on here?? over 1100 km on a V5F and ive never seen anything like that lol.. 

i guess we'll have to get @Rama Douglas insights on this regarding his wheel :lol:

56 minutes ago, yuweng said:

i guess we'll have to get @Rama Douglas insights on this regarding his wheel :lol:

Lol! Wow that was a long time ago! It only occured once, and I was flabbergasted! I can only explain it as follows: I view becoming one with our uni-bots as a deep transhumanist merging of man and machine. Since I'm such a cynical weirdo, and I connect to my wheels in a similar manner as the characters in the movie Avatar connect to their winged dragon pals, I believe my wheel simply took on a strange characteristic of my alien persona, and displayed some downright unusual behavior by tilting forward...Strange indeed, but so am I! 👽

:laughbounce2:

• Like 1