[Segway Online-Shop] Z10 available

Asphalt-Cowboy

5 minutes ago, TuN3M@N said:

@houseofjobYou are completely right with this "no effort" torque.

But most people make the wrong connection in their heads that the wheel at all has no torque. But this is only how much torque is given to the rider by the software at a specified lean angle. Nothing to do with overall power. 

Same it is with braking and also the cause is the same. 

LOL, I can't argue with anything you've written here, completely agree.

Riders don't realize how much more they can push their wheels, albeit it's hard to precisely control this headroom until overpower if you only lean on the wheel/pedals with the wheel body at an upright angle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, I can't argue with anything you've written here, completely agree.

Riders don't realize how much more they can push their wheels, albeit it's hard to precisely control this headroom until overpower if you only lean on the wheel/pedals with the wheel body at an upright angle.

Well I’m excited to get mine Friday but I still say you guys would make terrible sales people. Lol

:laughbounce2:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

@houseofjobYou are completely right with this "no effort" torque.

But most people make the wrong connection in their heads that the wheel at all has no torque. But this is only how much torque is given to the rider by the software at a specified lean angle. Nothing to do with overall power. 

Same it is with braking and also the cause is the same. 

@Patton250The "Trick" for the Z Series is to push the wheel forward with the inside of the legs, for braking pull it back the same way. If you do it with your feet only there is not enough torque for even braking/accelerating steep climbs. 

Doing it this way you are able to climb ascents no other wheel at the moment will do, based on the traction.

And yes at the end of the day using the right technic is a question of skill. 

And as you said, it is the same for backwards or one leg riding, but backwards took more time for me than it was for climbing. Backwards you have to train your brain/sense... For climbing it is a simple technic. 

Well technique is learned.  Skill (level) is God given. 

I grew up playing baseball. I was really good at it. I was never going to be good enough to be a major league baseball player. 

I doubt I’ll ever be as good as some of these EUC acrobats I’ve seen on YouTube but I am fairly confident I will learn how to ride the Z10 comfortably. :-)

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Well I’m excited to get mine Friday but I still say you guys would make terrible sales people. Lol

:laughbounce2:

LOL, perhaps yes, but we're honest ;)

38 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Well technique is learned.  Skill (level) is God given. 

I grew up playing baseball. I was really good at it. I was never going to be good enough to be a major league baseball player. 

I doubt I’ll ever be as good as some of these EUC acrobats I’ve seen on YouTube but I am fairly confident I will learn how to ride the Z10 comfortably. :-)

Wow, nice!, what position?

I think whenever we talk technique on these forums, it's on the level of learn-able for all, so long as you are open-minded and curious enough to explore outside your own learned EUC comfort zone. Unfortunately, I don't think all are this open-minded though, once they get comfortable enough, which is their own prerogative in the end.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

LOL, perhaps yes, but we're honest ;)

Wow, nice!, what position?

I think whenever we talk technique on these forums, it's on the level of learn-able for all, so long as you are open-minded and curious enough to explore outside your own learned EUC comfort zone. Unfortunately, I don't think all are this open-minded though, once they get comfortable enough, which is their own prerogative in the end.

Centerfield :-)

I will always want to keep learning on these things but I’m never going to take huge chances on getting hurt. It’s not worth it. I saw a great video on the MSX. One of our members here was using it on a mountain bike trail in the Detroit area.  They were only going maybe 5 to 10 mph but it sure looks like fun. That’s what I like.  I would definitely like to learn how to go backwards too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Centerfield :-)

Nice, then you should know how to run, something that can translate as well to EUC IMHO, heel vs forefoot physics.

5 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I will always want to keep learning on these things but I’m never going to take huge chances on getting hurt. It’s not worth it.

And you don't need to IMHO.

In my experiences, once you have many miles on a wheel, you gain enough comfort to have the bandwidth to play around, and develop better techniques particular to that wheel setup. Then, even higher speeds is not necessarily "dangerous" since you know the limits of the wheel, along with your body physics on the wheel.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Nice, then you should know how to run, something that can translate as well to EUC IMHO, heel vs forefoot physics.

And you don't need to IMHO.

In my experiences, once you have many miles on a wheel, you gain enough comfort to have the bandwidth to play around, and develop better techniques particular to that wheel setup. Then, even higher speeds is not necessarily "dangerous" since you know the limits of the wheel, along with your body physics on the wheel.

That makes total sense.  I’d have been gearing up pretty good too.  It makes me more comfortable knowing that even if I face plant at 15 mph I won’t lose any teeth or break my face. Maybe break a shoulder or collarbone but I will be OK. 

• Upvote 2