Transporting, Carrying, Backpacks/Slings

CampDylan

I will be needing to carry my EUC up & down a steep cliff trail every day, twice a day and was wondering if there exists some kind of shoulder harness or carrying device yet?  I could probably get away with carrying it the standard way but there’s a few portions of my climb where I need both hands so would rather have it strapped to my body somehow.

1 minute ago, Olav said:

What wheel do you have?  - No EUC yet, still reviewing
Would it fit in a backpack? - I guess that’s part of my question, seems it would have to be perhaps a giant drybag, at least 40L or more, eh?

There have been a few different solution out, but most are discontinued. 

IPS made a backpack solutiuon, if you search you can spot similar solutions. 

Like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32873104943.html

HTB1_xdxyr5YBuNjSspoq6zeNFXaW.jpg

Note I don't know how well this works nor if the seller is in good reputation. only googled for solution.

Edited by Unventor

6 minutes ago, CampDylan said:

What kind of range are you looking for?
Terrain?

E.g. if you ride will be 5 miles each way, and smooth surface except for the cliff trail bit, then an mTen3 might do. And the mTen3 is small enough to easily fit in a backpack.

But if its  rough trail and 20 miles+ each way, than I would recommend an 18" wheel, though they're more dificult to carry (heavy as well), and would possibly need to jury rig a way to carry it.

• Upvote 1

The trail/off-road part of my commute is out of the question for any form of transport, not even an MTB could traverse it, no, can only be by foot.

my commute is mainly street but I’m definitely only interested in the larger wheels for stability and the ability to occasionally cut through parks, dirt trails, obstacles, etc... I want to invest in an “any-case scenario “ wheel and that includes, especially, weather resistance .

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Note I don't know how well this works nor if the seller is in good reputation. only googled for solution.

Whoa, nice - yes these are brilliant!

@CampDylan I doubt you will find a solution for now. Maybe in some years. No EUC is 100% water proof yet. Very heavy raid showers is not recommended for any EUC I know of right now.

Then there is a weight issue to think off too. Sorry to shoot down your hopes. 

I used to have to get my wheels up a pedestrian highway overpass that was only steps, and I salvaged a duffel bag strap as a loop to put over my shoulder and through the handle.

Dunno about a walking a trail, but just steps seemed sketchy, because all the weight is just in one side, and so each step is  awkward.

Cities that are PMD (personal mobile device) friendly should start to construct side ramps next to stairs in order to facilitate PMDs going up and down the stairs. This kind of ramps (shown in photo) is found in many PMD friendly cities. 

Edited by Scubadragonsan

44 minutes ago, scubadragosan said:

Cities that are PMD (personal mobile device) friendly should start to construct side ramps next to stairs in order to facilitate PMDs going up and down the stairs.

I find it amazing that the pedestrian overpass on Kingshighway and i64 in St Louis sees more pedestrians and bicyclists crossing it per minute than the highway below it during rush hour. I should know; I stood there and counted them, and it's not even close. The highway dips below the pathway, and I think this encourages people to cross it because it's almost an imperceptible climb.

On the other hand, i64 and Hampton, yeech, that at least a four story climb, up steps. I've never seen another pedestrian, not once, in the two years I used it. Not once!

Interestingly, I've noticed there's far less traffic and jammed cars since they put a bunch of bike lanes north to south in Tower Grove area, because the bike lanes carry more people than car passengers! You would not think it until you counted up the vehicles.

Cities would see a tremendous return on their investment on tiny vehicles, especially since PEV owners spend money because they don't have to find parking.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:49 AM, Unventor said:

Wow, did not know that this has already been done! Thank you, friend, I will definitely order it!