Whats a good backpack for ninebot one e+

I have taken my wheel shopping a couple times now, and I have to admit, I'd never leave it further than my reach at any time. 

Also, if someone were to try stealing it, it would be like stealing my wallet. They better have a gun, or they are definitely not getting it.

If they did happen to get if from me, I know I can outrun them carrying it, and I won't be nice when I get there.

These types of crime make me sick, and a few bumps on their head is probably just the type of counseling they need to stop doing it. I don't have a PH.D., so I'm just guessing here. 

Edited by SuperSport

An EUC is made to ride it not to carry it, running away with a 14kg wheel is not so easy, even you do the thief a favor by putting it in an ergonomic bag :)

If you're worried someone rides away with it, put it on a chain, or why not set the max speed (temporarily) at the lowest setting

Just found this and think it is ideal.  You would not have to have this on your back if you don't want as it has wheels and trolley handle.  Just change/remove the logo and you are set!  Nobody would have any idea what's in there (although, not many people would know what IPS stands for anyways).  Price is nice too!

http://www.banggood.com/Solo-Wheel-Trolley-Bag-For-IPS-Airwheel-Legway-Electric-Unicycle-p-962624.html

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

Just found this and think it is ideal.  You would not have to have this on your back if you don't want as it has wheels and trolley handle.  Just change/remove the logo and you are set!  Nobody would have any idea what's in there (although, not many people would know what IPS stands for anyways).  Price is nice too!

http://www.banggood.com/Solo-Wheel-Trolley-Bag-For-IPS-Airwheel-Legway-Electric-Unicycle-p-962624.html

That seems like the perfect backpack so far! Hope it can fit a 16"

I have taken my Ninebot when I commute to work a few times; 5 minute ride to train station, then stairs down, up and and some walking at each station, then 10 minute ride before arriving to work.

That was to much walking for me, a the How We Roll back-pack might make me start using the ninebot again for commuting.

@James C Smith; did you get your backpack yet?

That IPS bag looks great, but I'm still looking for something without wheels and a bit lighter.

Has anyone looked at carry-on-luggage bags?
55 x 40 x 20 cm
I just looked on Amazon UK and found a load around the £30 mark.
40cm width is 5.4cm too slim for a Ninebot One as far as I understand, but as some are lightweight, floppy bags I'm wondering if one might have enough give to take a Ninebot..
My main worry is if they'd be sturdy enough.

I've read the Ninebot One measures: 47.5 x 45.4 x 17.5  cm

Here's some examples:

Cabin Max Backpack Flight Approved Carry On Bag Massive 44 litre Travel Hand Luggage 55x40x20

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabin-Max-Backpack-Approved-55x40x20/dp/B002Q5APX4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
CabinZero Ultra-Light Massive Capacity Cabin Sized Backpack Black
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CabinZero-Ultra-Light-Massive-Capacity-Backpack/dp/B009M3CWXY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
Cabin Max Oxford 50x40x20cm Carry On Luggage - Backpack
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Luggage-Cabin-Max-Oxford-50x40x20cm/dp/B00M0P1TUI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

On 4 December 2015 at 4:11 PM, Jimmy Ace said:

Yeah, I feel it's a balance. My worries aren’t in reality that strong - I don't plan on leaving it anywhere I'd actually have to chain it down - but I like to imagine worst case. I still think my experience would be greatly improved with a bag, since a lot of the time I will be sat next to it.

I might change my tune once I start riding, but the thought of attaching a trolley handle seems wrong. I like to have my hands free at all times. I want it either between my legs or out of sight. Something my ex would often say.

You could always buy that air wheel bag and then cover it in black tape or something. Obviously there will still be the exposed parts of the wheel but hey.....

If you want to have a look at it in real life, they're selling it in Maplins. At least in the high st ken store anyway. 30 quid or something if i remember.

Just an updated photo of my BackPack with the NineBot in it.  This feels MUCH better carrying it than my TG F3 did due to the smooth shape of the NineBot.  It actually feels lighter, which it's not, again probably because of the shape.  Highly recommend this pack.  There is also THIS PACK that does not have the logo on it and appears to be identical, and is cheaper.  Kinda wish I had noticed this earlier as I don't prefer the logo.

The design of this makes the NineBot VERY secure in the pack.  No issues with it falling out.  Just adjust the straps to hold tight.

PS:  I've got the trolley handle on it's way for the NineBot, but both, handle and pack, will be nice at their own times.  I've got the Trolley Handle on my TG F3, and it works PERFECTLY.  It's always there, so you don't forget it, and you don't have to carry a backpack or strap on you for when you need it.  I've trolley'd it into stores with no problems.  It's easier than Luggage if you push it ahead of you instead of trying to pull it (Does Not Work).  Just push it down and out of the way when not needed.  It never bothers me when riding.

On the other hand, when traveling, it would be nice to have the charger, lights, cameras, etc in the backpack, all in one place.

20151209_172451723_iOS.jpg

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2015 at 7:27 PM, dbaile0132 said:

Here's a review of the one I ordered

haha wow the bag broke mid video that kinda sucks... did you receive yours? how is the quality?

The Deluxe Bag from How We Roll totally encases the Ninebot and seems legit, minus the fact it only has a "small" front compartment. To @Jimmy Ace 's point, with that type of bag the EUC is completely covered and not sticking out on the sides which limits eye's view, and also provides more protection. The trolley handle to me totally defeats the Ninebot's aesthetic and does not please me. I would much rather wear a backpack while riding.

I think most of us commute or ride an EUC for speed and convenience (ok, maybe for fun too). The trade off is the fact that carrying a Ninebot E+ by its handle greater than 50 meters is actually inconvenient and may make you wish you just drove... I have only had my EUC a couple of days and the glares i get while carrying make me want to shout "ITS AN ELECTRIC UNICYCLE... I RIDE IT, CRAZY RIGHT?" but then i just keep walking. I think a bag helps you "blend" in office-like environments or professional settings. I'm already dreading the day i share an elevator with the CEO and he just stares at me probably thinking "WTF is this kid carrying?" and i say dreading not because I'm ashamed but because some people just don't ask.

I see myself eventually getting a bag for short necessary walks where i can't ride (inside any building i.e. @work) but for now i will attribute carrying my Ninebot E+ to gaining stronger arms :)

2 hours ago, elias_ said:

...but for now i will attribute carrying my Ninebot E+ to gaining stronger arms :)

MUCH stronger Arms!  I carried my brand new NineBot E+ through a shopping mall in it's box.  I had to stop about 5 times to make it all the way through (Unfortunately parked on wrong end of Mall).  It's VERY heavy to dead lift and carry that way.

• Upvote 1

Today i modified My camelbak to fit my eu. Most of the packs come with adjustable straps that can fit almost anything. The problem with any of these packs including the airwheel bags is that the eu ends up on the outside of the bag basically. That makes the bag droop down. So no matter how tight the straps are You end up with an unsteady load. This is most likely due to the weight being so far away from your center of gravity. (imagine trying to carry a heavy package with your arms fully extended instead of close to your body) although unsteady or not, it still beats carrying it by hand. And my pack still works the same without the ue. Pictures to be posted tonight after work!

Then bust out the sewing machine and repurpose some straps from elsewhere. I found this bag at a garage sale for $3. Beats the alternative of sending $60 on the airwheel bag. Or maybe think outside the box, your box that is. Btw nice pic, love that show. P.s. I'm quite drunk!

• Upvote 1

I have been swamped with responsibility for a while now, & I have barely ridden my 9b1e+ since it arrived weeks ago. (literally less than a quarter of a mile) 

I think about this forum a lot, and plan to be spending a lot of time here soon, as soon as I am able to actually start riding which should be very soon, but in the meantime here is a picture of my wheel in what looks to be a very nice bag. The video review of this bag is in this thread a few posts about, and I agree that as a backpack it looks less suited than a rolling bag. But all the same it does fit great, and at $50 shipped with a 10% discount from ordering within the banggood app, I believe the review I'll be posting soon will be very positive. 

20151230_133453~01.jpg

• 3 years later...

may be a bit off topic, so the ninebot z10 is not a small unit, was trying to put it on the plane for transport, and was getting a mixed reaction from TSA, security and the airline and at all different points. some say check it in as a bag, some say check in in a bag as luggage, some say you can take it with you in the cabin as long as it fits under the seat, th scooter measures 24in x 18in x 10in not a small unit, but I was thinking of finding a carry bag that I can use only for travel

found this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ninebot-one-GotWay-ACM-RockwheelGT16-electric-unicycle-dust-bag-EUC-carry-bag/254186246704?hash=item3b2eae5230:g:3G8AAOSwjDZYa4Vr

looks floppy, but also looks foldable and something I can throw in my backpack when done, this is only for the simple transport of putting the scooter on the plane as luggage, and not to carry it, and also is unknown how strong it is, any suggestions would be appreciated

Airline policy regarding Lithium Ion batteries is pretty strict as those are very common unlike unicycles which TSA may not have seen before.
You can't check in Lithium Ion batteries as luggage and you can only have batteries under 100wh in carry on.  So unless you're leaving the battery at home and have a spare battery at your destination or you mail the battery, there's no way to fly with a EUC.