Whats a good backpack for ninebot one e+

No, because I have a backpack with laptop and other office essentials as well as the charger, my lights laptop charger and all that wouldnt fit in any of these EUC capable bags. Next I read some reviews on those "DC" backpacks and they were mediocre quality. So i held back on further looking and wait until something new comes out in half a year or so.

Hope that didnt discourage you. If you find something interesting, I'd be glad to read about it ;)

• 3 weeks later...

There is no secure place on the ninebot one to put on a lock. Nothing that can't be easily undone. It does have a lock mode on the app, when turned on the ninebot will shake and start making loud beeping noises if touched

I got the first backpack you linked for my generic EUC (it also seems to be the most common design with variations sold everywhere). The 14" EUC fits in nicely, the front pouch is more like a harness for it and the backpack compartment behind it is huge and offers loads of room for other items.

I gave mine a true test by packing it full for a long stay, along with my EUC in the harness, charger and spare battery. I truly looked like a pack horse and had to be careful not to smash everything with it, but it made the train journey through 2 cities easier. However, the weight of just the EUC on my back is almost unbearable after longer than 30 mins walking, so I think the backpack is reserved for cases where it isn't appropriate to be carrying or wheeling, as a result I still use the trolley handle for moving it long distances.

• 1 month later...

I can't imagine the unicycle backpack getting too heavy. I've carried mine by hand, switching hands every few minutes for 20-30mins at the most and it was only mildly uncomfortable. Although once the battery died and I had to walk for about 50 mins to get back home, now that was a workout.

I would think that wearing it on your back would be like wearing a normally loaded backpack.

1 hour ago, csmyers said:

I can't imagine the unicycle backpack getting too heavy. I've carried mine by hand, switching hands every few minutes for 20-30mins at the most and it was only mildly uncomfortable. Although once the battery died and I had to walk for about 50 mins to get back home, now that was a workout.

I would think that wearing it on your back would be like wearing a normally loaded backpack.

Carrying a device meant for riding, somehow defeats the purpose, no?

Yesterday went to a shop, up the ramp for the physically challenged, pushed the door open en rode in the store to where the stuffs is what I needed, without stepping off the wheel.

I didn't think about it, I just did it because I start to have a level of control where it becomes sort of unconscious.The shopping mgr. asked me not to break antything....

Just now, Jurgen said:

Yesterday went to a shop, up the ramp for the physically challenged, pushed the door open en rode in the store to where the stuffs is what I needed, without stepping off the wheel.

I didn't think about it, I just did it because I start to have a level of control where it becomes sort of unconscious.The shopping mgr. asked me not to break antything....

I was waiting in line the first time, can't really balance in one place for all that long. The second time I couldn't really help it, now I watch the battery much more closely!

Also, I try not to ride indoors, I don't want to risk anything.

I have a variation of the first pack, but it's the AirWheel one.  Used it once with my TG F3 Uni.  It's well made and will fit the E+ nicely, but for me it's simply too heavy.  The E+ is a beast to carry around.  I've already ordered the Trolley Handle.

20151125_160615317_iOS.jpg

20151125_160902077_iOS.jpg

On 01/12/2015, 11:25:29, Jurgen said:

I do a lot of film work and spend a lot of time moving around London on tubes and busses at random hours; sitting in random locations for hours and leaving my bag unattended (although safe). For this I figure a wheel backpack is a MUST. Especially when hoping on and off night busses in shady areas.
And what about stopping somewhere - at a cafe for example. Maybe I'm being paranoid but I personally wouldn't want to constantly advertise what I'm carrying.

All that said, I don't have my wheel yet; expecting a Ninebot delivery in a week, but I'm used to carrying 14+ kilos on my back and hopeful that the only challenge will be the dimensions of the wheel and not the weight.

So I figure the wheel will eliminate a good chunk of public transport, but not all. So I want a discrete bag. Not one of these weird, colourful ones with massive logos all over it, some of which even leave parts exposed. I really like the 'How we roll' one. Although that seems a little overpriced..

Thanks for the info. Couple of good options here, but need more!

36 minutes ago, Aaron Corsi said:

Specifically this one looks like the best one to me https://howweroll.squarespace.com/bags/how-we-roll-lite-wheel-bag

I agree...it does look the best.  Has a customized look to it and from the price, it is completely custom.  I considered this one but at the end of the day, I went with the larger more generic one.  I needed storage in the bag as well.  I wanted to be able to transport a charger and other misc items.

@Jimmy Ace thats the same reason why I'd never use a branded Laptop bag, because everybody knows theres a 1000$ device in it to steal. ;)

But I guess for the next few years you can leave your bot visible, since most of the people that didnt see it in action, will think its a roomba. And if they really want to steal it, you'll have fun watching them faceplant while they try to ride it or carry the 14kg as fast as possible. :D

• Upvote 1

@Jag_Rip hehe. Yes, that's what I thought. Just dropped £900 on this puppy. My worry is that I get targeted and someone just takes the bag off me. They won't have to even ride it then. My other worry is inquisitive people that know I'm out the room for a few hours and may feel the need to have a play, not actually steel it. That way an unbranded, black backpack draws no extra attention.

Hmm.. the inquisitive people still will know where you have your bot stored and if they can go into your room to look for it they'll just open the bags that look round enough, TBH. And stealing the bot with backpack is indeed a lot easier then without. So that actually works against your worry. ;)

I think for your scenario the Trolley-Handle would help the most, since you can plug in the handle when you need to use it, when you park the bot you can chain it to the part that is screwed to the bot after you slide out the handle. Sure with enough criminal energy they'll still be able to take it, but at least it was locked and they had to break something to get it.

Yeah, I feel it's a balance. My worries aren’t in reality that strong - I don't plan on leaving it anywhere I'd actually have to chain it down - but I like to imagine worst case. I still think my experience would be greatly improved with a bag, since a lot of the time I will be sat next to it.

I might change my tune once I start riding, but the thought of attaching a trolley handle seems wrong. I like to have my hands free at all times. I want it either between my legs or out of sight. Something my ex would often say.

• Upvote 2