Alternatives to Kingsong 16s?

JonTheMad

In terms of specs, weight and quality of build are there any good alternatives to the kingsong ks 16s?

The 16s has after all been on the market now for quite a while. Is there really nothing new that has arrived or that is going to arrive in the near future? Or is the 16s still the king of the not too big sized wheels?

The 16x looks nice but sooo heavy...

May I offer you the MCM5? :cheers:

+ Bigger motor + smaller diameter = Ludicrous mode acceleration

+ Newer

- Smaller battery (800wh is plenty for personal riding unless you do groups ride or going more than 30 miles on a single charge. But if so then you should go for 1600wh wheel anyway)

Edited by Kens
  • Like 1

Thanks for your reply! I haven't considered mcm5 before so I'm going to see what information I can find out about out! In terms of range I believe slightly less than 16s will still suffice for my needs

• Like 1

The mcm5 is a 14” wheel, which is great fun (nimble) but can  get tiresome if the ground isn’t even. I’ve done close to 1000km on 14” (NB S2)

I got the 16S recently (600km) and its a nice powerful and handy wheel, but feels a bit old school with the wide battery cheek.

AFAIK the main alternative to the KS16S is the Tesla.

Edited by Mimolette
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mimolette said:

The mcm5 is a 14” wheel, which is great fun (nimble) but can  get tiresome if the ground isn’t even. I’ve done close to 1000km on 14” (NB S2)

I got the 16S recently (600km) and its a nice powerful and handy wheel, but feels a bit old school with the wide battery cheek.

AFAIK the main alternative to the KS16S is the Tesla.

Wouldn't the Inmotion V10(F) also be considered an alternative to the 16S?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Wouldn't the Inmotion V10(F) also be considered an alternative to the 16S?

I suppose, or something between the V8 and the V10.
The V10 seem a bit special with the thick tyre and heavy weight, maybe a category with the 16X and Nikola?
The announced range is apparently a bit optimistic.

I don't know really, only ridden the 16S and Ninebots :) 

Weight: KS16S: 17,4Kg, Tesla 19Kg, V10F: 20,6Kg

Edited by Mimolette

37 minutes ago, Mimolette said:

I suppose, or something between the V8 and the V10.
The V10 seem a bit special with the thick tyre and heavy weight, maybe a category with the 16X and Nikola?
The announced range is apparently a bit optimistic.

I don't know really, only ridden the 16S and Ninebots :) 

Weight: KS16S: 17,4Kg, Tesla 19Kg, V10F: 20,6Kg

I feel the 16S is like the V8 - old.  The 16X isn't available yet and it's going to be a heavy wheel like the ACM.

So I think it comes down to the V10F and Tesla. They both have the approximately same battery capacity. If you want performance go with the Tesla. If you want an arguably better ride experience, go with the V10F.

50 minutes ago, JonTheMad said:

V10f looks like a great wheel but isn't it quite alot heavier than the 16s? Or is it not much of a difference?

If the primary criterion is weight, then stick with the 16S.