Has anyone had this problem before

Shabba

I’ve had my monster for some time now and all of a sudden I noticed that the motor is not straight on the axel, it’s more towards the left, I don’t abuse it I have layed it down a few times but that was going maybe 5 mph, occasionally I will do a 6-8 inch jump off the side walk only because I have to and I try to show off sometimes and ride on one leg but that’s as far as I go so I really don’t know why or how it got like that, if anyone can help I would really appreciate 

B44DB8B9-6A50-43E8-AF4F-CFB54E62C53F.jpeg

3 hours ago, Shabba said:

it’s more towards the left

I see the picture but I don't understand this statement, More towards the left of what?

Until I have a better understanding of the problem only two things come to mind:

1. either a King Song style bent (soon to break axle) I note the motor wires which make that side of the axle weaker. (yes it happens to other manufacturers too)

2. Or, Is it possible the hanger is crooked on the axle and the shims are holding it that way? in other words has it shifted and got wedge in its new position?  I've never been closeer to a Gotway shim than a @Marty Backe video, but it was a very clear video. On second thought, no, it doesn't look possible to be both tight AND misaligned at the same time.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2

I've never experienced any axle related problems with my 2-1/2 year old Monster.

Be aware that due to the excessive weight of the Monster, a fall at 5-mph could cause severe damage. It wouldn't surprise me.

42 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I see the picture but I don't understand this statement, More towards the left of what?

Until I have a better understanding of the problem only two things come to mind:

1. either a King Song style bent (soon to break axle) I note the motor wires which make that side of the axle weaker. (yes it happens to other manufacturers too)

2. Or, Is it possible the hanger is crooked on the axle and the shims are holding it that way? in other words has it shifted and got wedge in its new position?  I've never been closeer to a Gotway shim than a @Marty Backe video, but it was a very clear video. On second thought, no, it doesn't look possible to be both tight AND misaligned at the same time.

Actually I was wrong the motor is more towards the right of the foot pedal either way it’s not centered on the axel, nothing is loose or bent, I tried removing the bolt but it’s so tight I just left it Alone