Ninebot One E+ Won't Turn Off

Hunka Hunka Burning Love

Maybe my Ninebot One E+ has been bitterly jealous of my Gotway Tesla as it has been neglected for quite some time.  I'm not sure, but I decided to do a small trip to the mailbox on it yesterday.  Before I ventured out I tested to see how the battery was (80% charged), and I tried to turn it off.  It did not want to turn off!  A long press of the button didn't do anything except to change the circular ring light patterns.  A short press did the same.  I've only got about 1200 kms on it so I was pretty surprised it was acting up.

I tried charging it up fully for several hours, but it still doesn't want to turn off.  I have to lift it up to let it hit the limiter, start beeping, and then it shuts down eventually.  I wonder if an electronic relay may have gone kaput?  It's very weird.

This will give some theme to film. "The Revolt of the Ninebot One E+"
With me happened to sell Msuper3 to buy a Z10, while I wait for my purchase to arrive, I decided to put my  E+ in use and to leave it in the trunk of the car. I installed the updated application and completed the battery charge. I left as always inclined and a few hours later I hear an insistent whistle, that's when I found out that he was connected, but when I tried to turn it off, he would call again. The difference that mine is now with the LEDs off.

Having the same issue on my E+ after buying a 16s. Long pressing until it wants to respond is the only way I can get the wheel on and off, however I find the issue is worse on the old original battery, and goes away when plugged in. I thought the wheel had finally died after a couple months of not being charged but plugged it in and it switched on straight away. I assume it has something to do with voltage or battery degradation and not with the momentary switch. Perhaps someone with greater electrical engineering knowledge than Ican speculate whether a simple button replacement would fix it?

I might try charging it for a few hours more to see if things might balance out.   I might also try disconnecting the battery, depleting the capacitors with a power press on, and reconnecting things.  I wonder if there is a problem with a P-channel MOSFET or capacitor in the soft latching power circuit?

https://www.edn.com/design/power-management/4427218/Latching-power-switch-uses-momentary-pushbutton

On 4/3/2019 at 2:47 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe my Ninebot One E+ has been bitterly jealous of my Gotway Tesla as it has been neglected for quite some time.  I'm not sure, but I decided to do a small trip to the mailbox on it yesterday.  Before I ventured out I tested to see how the battery was (80% charged), and I tried to turn it off.  It did not want to turn off!  A long press of the button didn't do anything except to change the circular ring light patterns.  A short press did the same.  I've only got about 1200 kms on it so I was pretty surprised it was acting up.

I tried charging it up fully for several hours, but it still doesn't want to turn off.  I have to lift it up to let it hit the limiter, start beeping, and then it shuts down eventually.  I wonder if an electronic relay may have gone kaput?  It's very weird.

I just caught this. I was just wondering if you had went for a ride recently.  Bummer on the switch issue. Just a thought but similar your previous advice, try disconnecting the batteries. 

Stupid question but was your Tesla stored indoors?

Both have been sitting in my hallway for the past 8 months.  The Ninebot hasn't seen much use for the past year or so ever since I got my Tesla.  I checked the battery charge on it, and the lights seemed to indicate it was still about 75% so I never thought of topping it up.  It also turned on and off fine before.  Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't return to riding.  :ph34r:  My arm is still slightly bothering me.  It's almost 99.75% back to normal, but there is just some slight tenderness in some spots.   The Tesla is doing fine I think.

It's a tough choice.  I've got these great wheels sitting around with some nice weather outside, but I just don't want to risk falling again.  And we all know how that goes!  I did find some hockey elbow pads which might actually work better for falls on the arms, but they are pretty bulky.  Oh well I'm still enjoying my VR time so maybe I'll just watch other people's riding videos from the sidelines for now...

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccm-hockey-elbow-pads-tacks-7092-sr.html

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

My arm is still slightly bothering me.  It's almost 99.75% back to normal, but there is just some slight tenderness in some spots. 

The old comedian Art Linkletter use to quote: “If you wake up in the morning and have no pain.... your dead”.  

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It's a tough choice.  I've got these great wheels sitting around with some nice weather outside, but I just don't want to risk falling again.  And we all know how that goes!  

I totally understand your concerns. The thought of quiting has crossed my mind. After my accident the carefree exhilaration I use to enjoy has diminished significantly . I sense you have a similar feeling. 

Hang in there buddy and enjoy your VR. It is much safer. 

Have you thought of riding slow?

I appreciate accidents can happen at any speed, but the reality is that lower speeds give you more reaction time and would usually lend themselves to causing less damage...

Spoiler

Whenever someone makes this suggestion I ask myself: What pleasure would I have in walking slowly? So, I did not have to buy MSuper3, I could continue with E +.
I'd rather take a chance and have the feeling of living without fears, guilt, and regrets. Nobody gets good at something without suffering a scratch, that's part of learning. Even if it is a virtual player sitting in the most comfortable and most orthopedic chair chair will have injuries in the tendons much more serious than a fall from the EUC. It is impossible to make an omelet without breaking the eggs.

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Você já pensou em andar devagar?

Eu aprecio que acidentes podem acontecer a qualquer velocidade, mas a realidade é que velocidades mais baixas lhe dão mais tempo de reação e normalmente se prestam a causar menos danos ...

Ocultar conteúdos

Whenever someone makes this suggestion I ask myself: What pleasure would I have in walking slowly?
So, I did not have to buy MSuper3, I could continue with E +. 

I'd rather take a chance and have the feeling of living without fears, guilt, and regrets. Nobody gets good at something without suffering a scratch, that's part of learning. Even if it is a virtual player sitting in the most comfortable and most orthopedic chair chair will have injuries in the tendons much more serious than a fall from the EUC.

It is impossible to make an omelet without breaking the eggs.

13 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Have you thought of riding slow?

I appreciate accidents can happen at any speed, but the reality is that lower speeds give you more reaction time and would usually lend themselves to causing less damage...

It's like owing a Porsche GT3 and not wanting to drive fast.  Sure it probably can be done, but when you know you can go fast it just kills you not to.  :crying:  Even flying off at 22 kph can be pretty hazardous.  I might have to dust off the Tesla and go for a spin if I get some decent elbow pads...

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It's like owing a Porsche GT3 and not wanting to drive fast.  Sure it probably can be done, but when you know you can go fast it just kills you not to.  :crying:  Even flying off at 22 kph can be pretty hazardous.  I might have to dust off the Tesla and go for a spin if I get some decent elbow pads...

Would it help if we made an EUC Bodyguard for the Tesla?

It may not protect you so much (unless it lands on you), but it will keep your baby safe (and warm)!

On 4/9/2019 at 11:25 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Would it help if we made an EUC Bodyguard for the Tesla?

It may not protect you so much (unless it lands on you), but it will keep your baby safe (and warm)!

It would help if you made an EUC Rider Bodyguard for me!  :lol:  I don't care as much about the Tesla!  Actually, I've only had it fall once over 1200 kms, and it only got scuffed up a little.  It was a combo of maybe having too high of a tire pressure and hitting a 1-1.5 inch sidewalk heave edge at 22 kph sending the wheel in an alternate direction very suddenly that did me in.

Archived