18xl bluetooth speaker wattage

maimedlord

Hello all!

I am in the process of deciding between 18xl now or waiting for the 16x this Summer. I live in NYC so the 16's size may be a greater benefit than the 18, but the speaker differences may matter as well. I know the 16x has four 5watt speakers and one 10watt subwoofer. I know the 18xl has speakers as well but at what wattage? I don't think the 18xl has a subwoofer either...

Thanks for any help!

maimed

I know that sentiment so well but I bought the 18xl anyways :D. I was watching a Youtube video by SpeedyFeet and he mentioned how he keeps from playing on the speakers to be hospitable to other people on the path/road/etc. I am in NYC and I figure I will do the same thing so as to give a good image of EUC riders. If I ever do want to play music (late at night) I'll still have something that can play music B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The 16X has 7 speakers. 6 normal ones and a sub. No idea what wattage they have. See here: https://ecodrift.ru/2019/06/24/kingsong-ks-16x-disassembling/

All in all, there are 3 speakers per side, that means 6 speakers in total and one big speaker on the rear panel.

Razbiraem-monokoleso-Kingsong-KS-16X-8.j

Edited by meepmeepmayer
forgot link

• 2 months later...

I've been looking also for better speakers for my 16X for some time, but I only find those that are already installed.

A complete idiot bragged on Facebook that he replaced the 4 small speakers with Bose speakers. But he doesn't want to give out any information because he himself searched for a long time and doesn't want to share his alleged success.

Because of his previous posts on Facebook I assume he is talking bullshit. 

• Like 1

Small correction fyi: the 16X seems to have 4.1 speakers, not 6.1 as the EcoDrift article says. 3 of the 7 speakers are actually the same (the front grill one) so it's "only" 5 speakers. Someone in another thread corrected me on this.

So you'd only have to replace 5 speakers. Given the specific shape of the speakers, this might be a tricky endeavor.

2 minutes ago, fryman said:

If you can, I would try to move the two lower speakers up near the alarm speaker.  Not sure what KS was thinking; who uses their feet to listen to music?

There is no other space available in the 16X. 

8 minutes ago, fryman said:

sure what KS was thinking; who uses their feet to listen to music?

My wife is very satisfied with the sound. However, she drives with the V8 approx. 10m behind me and says constantly I should lower the volume. :roflmao:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...