First week owning a EUC. Went on first proper ride today.

Tony Salusbury

Got my very first EUC this week (Ninebot One E+) and after a couple of days practice in the house, then some figure of 8's around the tennis courts in my local park...I finally managed to go out on a proper ride today.

Wow, just wow. What a buzz. Did a 7 mile ride today along the pavements, roads and coastal paths where I live and didn't crash either (I was expecting too tbh)

After getting wobbles during my first couple of days I experienced no wobbles at all today and even felt the tilt back at top speed a few times without realising I was getting to the Ninebots speed limit. Even braved weaving slowly through the public along the pedestrianised High Street in the town centre.

Wish I had got into this EUC lark sooner and I know I'll be looking to get a better wheel soon. Not really looking at going too fast but would love a longer range.

Anyways, thought I'd share and post a few vid clips.

Day 1 - crashing in the house

Day 2 - Finally managing tight turns around the living room

Day 3 - Wow, I can actually do this

Today's ride.

Screenshot_20190323-211118_Endomondo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This is now my favorite EUC video.:cheers:

Welcome.

Only one tip, get really comfortable handling the wheel before getting to close to pedestrians; they are notoriously unpredictable, and you need skills to safely counteract the stupid things they do.

Guest PogArt Artur
On 3/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, Tony Salusbury said:

Got my very first EUC this week (Ninebot One E+) and after a couple of days practice in the house, then some figure of 8's around the tennis courts in my local park...I finally managed to go out on a proper ride today.

Wow, just wow. What a buzz. Did a 7 mile ride today along the pavements, roads and coastal paths where I live and didn't crash either (I was expecting too tbh)

After getting wobbles during my first couple of days I experienced no wobbles at all today and even felt the tilt back at top speed a few times without realising I was getting to the Ninebots speed limit. Even braved weaving slowly through the public along the pedestrianised High Street in the town centre.

Wish I had got into this EUC lark sooner and I know I'll be looking to get a better wheel soon. Not really looking at going too fast but would love a longer range.

Anyways, thought I'd share and post a few vid clips.

Day 1 - crashing in the house

Day 2 - Finally managing tight turns around the living room

Day 3 - Wow, I can actually do this

Today's ride.

Screenshot_20190323-211118_Endomondo.jpg

I'm a bit confused why we're seeing this "old" post, if you already commuting pretty good @Tony Salusbury :)

Anyway it's very nice to refresh the memories,by watching those first steps :)

42 minutes ago, Smoother said:

This is now my favorite EUC video.:cheers:

Welcome.

Only one tip, get really comfortable handling the wheel before getting to close to pedestrians; they are notoriously unpredictable, and you need skills to safely counteract the stupid things they do.

I saw this before, but this particular outtake clip is hilarious :laughbounce2:

Archived