How do the warning beeps work?

Hey guys.  I'm just curious if anyone knows on a msuper at what speeds and what intervals they come on.  My main concern is what's the final beep sound like? Is it a continuous beep? The reason I ask is I have the first 2 warnings shut off so I only get third and forth.  Once the third comes on I usually don't try and push it any further because I'm not sure what to listen for.  I heard the forth is a continuous beep. Is that the case? Now that I'm getting better I would like to know how far I can take it safely.  Right now after the 3rd I'm letting go. If I knew how much the difference in speed is between 3 and 4 and what the 4th sounds like it would help a lot.  And is the 4th beep the final warning? Thanks guys.  You've all been great in getting me going.  

It can run even indefinitely, if the maximum speed is not exceeded. I do not know what you have in your own.
There is not any time. Only a maximum speed of means.

I have the msuper high speed version. So i have the first two warnings disabled and i hear the third one come on which is beep-beep-beep. after that i thought the next one was a continuous beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppp. At least thats what I was told. But your saying its more like beep-beep-beep-beep..... So I'm just trying to figure out what I will hear when its the last warning beep so i know anything past that im getting close to shut down 

Hi @Donafello, I'm fairly sure, that third and the "final" warning sound are one and the same: beep-beep-beep-beep-beep... 

I use the MS version and had it up to 36 km/h (Gotway measurement = 33.8 km/h GPS measured) and beeping never changed beyond 28 km/h. 

You can also observe this when free spinning the wheel while looking at the GW app. So, if you wish for an additional warning (like at 35 km/h for the HS model), @esaj's prototype app is the only option I know of (http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1198-custom-gotwayking-song-app/?page=1). He is working on options to trigger vibration alarms on your phone at selectable speeds or play the most annoying royalty free sounds he could find on the world wide internetz :o

In the long run, I hope we find a way to route the speed display an the alarms to something "wearable" like a smart watch or data glasses...

BTW: when doing the free spinning test, I found my MS model to cut off between 44 and 45 km/h as indicated by the GW app. I guess, that would be the absolute upper limit, regardless of how little power it takes to run that fast (i.e. tailwind, downhill).

Hi @Donafello, I'm fairly sure, that third and the "final" warning sound are one and the same: beep-beep-beep-beep-beep... 

I use the MS version and had it up to 36 km/h (Gotway measurement = 33.8 km/h GPS measured) and beeping never changed beyond 28 km/h. 

You can also observe this when free spinning the wheel while looking at the GW app. So, if you wish for an additional warning (like at 35 km/h for the HS model), @esaj's prototype app is the only option I know of (http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1198-custom-gotwayking-song-app/?page=1). He is working on options to trigger vibration alarms on your phone at selectable speeds or play the most annoying royalty free sounds he could find on the world wide internetz :o

In the long run, I hope we find a way to route the speed display an the alarms to something "wearable" like a smart watch or data glasses...

BTW: when doing the free spinning test, I found my MS model to cut off between 44 and 45 km/h as indicated by the GW app. I guess, that would be the absolute upper limit, regardless of how little power it takes to run that fast (i.e. tailwind, downhill).

@Tilman so I can safely ride while im getting the beeps and even a little past it without any issues?  I need to get a cheap android phone to monitor the km/per hour so i know where the top end is

@Tilman so I can safely ride while im getting the beeps and even a little past it without any issues?  I need to get a cheap android phone to monitor the km/per hour so i know where the top end is

Well, eeehhh, no. For all I know, the beeper warning comes for two reasons: you exceed a certain speed (as measured by wheel revolutions) AND/OR you are getting close to the limits of available power (likely measured by voltage drop, probably also by current used). Problem is: once it beeps because you're faster than 28 km/h, you don't have any additional warning when you come close to exceeding available power. 

I'm not a hero like @vee73 when it comes to risking an overspeed face plant. The situation allowing me to get that close to my wheel's limit was a perfectly level runway (former Berlin Tempelhof airport) and a reliable strong tailwind. Later, @esaj analyzed the data I recorded during that run and found to all our surprise, that I needed less power going downwind at 34 km/h than upwind at 20 km/h.

While @esaj is thinking about adding alarms for things like low voltage conditions, too, I'm afraid, we just don't know enough about those limits yet. So, if you plan to boldly go, where no one has gone before (besides vee), be aware that the custom app warnings are highly experimental at this time and make sure, you record the telemetrics data of your flight for the benefit of the one wheeling world ... :D

There are definately only three warning stages so if you've turned the first two off then you are hearing the final one which is a continuous beep beep beep beep not one continuous beeeeeeeeep.

The only option for further warnings are through vibrations blue toothed to your phone from the app so if your blue tooth connection isn't reliable it won't be safe to rely on.

There are definately only three warning stages so if you've turned the first two off then you are hearing the final one which is a continuous beep beep beep beep not one continuous beeeeeeeeep.

The only option for further warnings are through vibrations blue toothed to your phone from the app so if your blue tooth connection isn't reliable it won't be safe to rely on.

I wasn't aware that the 3rd warning stage was the Final alarm. @Donafello apologies for the misinformation I might've provided you earlier. Regarding Gimlet's advice above, while I use a cheap android phone for setting the modes and calibrating, you will want a reliable phone that does not lose bluetooth connectivity easily (mine sometimes seems to do which is not surprising as its a cheap phone).

I wasn't aware that the 3rd warning stage was the Final alarm. @Donafello apologies for the misinformation I might've provided you earlier. Regarding Gimlet's advice above, while I use a cheap android phone for setting the modes and calibrating, you will want a reliable phone that does not lose bluetooth connectivity easily (mine sometimes seems to do which is not surprising as its a cheap phone).

cheap phone or not, i would imagine losing bluetooth connecivity coukd happen easily. I would not rely on the phone vibrations alone!

Archived