GUESS WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL A DAY EARLY

Lutalo

57 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Thanks for all the XL banter gents! Nice to read about it since that's all I can do until mine arrives. Apparently it's already arrived at the LA ports, but I may not have it for another week...Soooo hard to wait!.......😬

It will be worth the wait. The trade-off will be that being in southern California you will be out riding while we are mostly hibernating with our wheels until May. The exception of course are the riders who live in arctic regions of the world; mainly Canada, Northern Europe. I call them Penguins. I have great respect for them though.

They get far too much snow to let it stop the fun. In DC it doesn't snow frequently enough for us to take that attitude toward ice and snow. The weather here is so loopy that we can usually stay inside and lay low until the next 60F winter day that melts all 12" of snow in one day :D:D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Lutalo said:

It will be worth the wait. The trade-off will be that being in southern California you will be out riding while we are mostly hibernating with our wheels until May. The exception of course are the riders who live in arctic regions of the world; mainly Canada, Northern Europe. I call them Penguins. I have great respect for them though.

They get far too much snow to let it stop the fun. In DC it doesn't snow frequently enough for us to take that attitude toward ice and snow. The weather here is so loopy that we can usually stay inside and lay low until the next 60F winter day that melts all 12" of snow in one day :D:D

Or you could come to New Zealand while you are waiting... I have a stack of them in need of some good test rides!!!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Or you could come to New Zealand while you are waiting... I have a stack of them in need of some good test rides!!!  :lol:

Sounds like fun. Might have to do that anyway :D👍

Well I just got back from a ride on the ol trusty V5F and what an amazing companion it has been. About 1920 miles on it since April. I am so ready to receive the new wheel! 😁 Would love to go to New Zealand some day. I'm afraid I wouldn't want to leave...

And yes we're certainly more than spoiled down here with great riding weather! 😎

5 hours ago, Lutalo said:

The exception of course are the riders who live in arctic regions of the world; mainly Canada, Northern Europe. I call them Penguins.

This is a special penguin species, called the yellow-green penguin. It can ride on a wheel whole round year! :w00t2:

GPVRP_render_2018-12-23_15_50_36_58.thumb.png.448b2ea0fd7b30cd3267d65556ff4cf2.png

4 hours ago, Seba said:

This is a special penguin species, called the yellow-green penguin. It can ride on a wheel whole round year! :w00t2:

GPVRP_render_2018-12-23_15_50_36_58.thumb.png.448b2ea0fd7b30cd3267d65556ff4cf2.png

:D A fascinating species that treks countless miles across the snow to reach its hallowed mating grounds. It's bright yellow coating not only keeps this winter warrior warm, but alerts the females of the species that it's time to breed. 😂😂😀👍

45 minutes ago, Neil (yanex) said:

@Lutalo 3 beautiful EUC ( carbon fiber wrap KS18L , glossy white KS18XL , matte black KS18L )

5997DED7-7573-45B6-8AD7-C36C27249DBB.jpeg

Where does one do a carbon fiber wrap and how much does that cost? Automotive shop? Thx! Looks awesome btw! And btw, I see you're in Silver Spring MD. That's where I was born! 

1 minute ago, Rama Douglas said:

Where does one do a carbon fiber wrap and how much does that cost? Automotive shop? Thx! Looks awesome btw! And btw, I see you're in Silver Spring MD. That's where I was born! 

I DIY it myself, i just buy a carbon fiber vinyl then i wrap it. And yup i'm in silver spring MD, i live here for about 9 years.

2 hours ago, Neil (yanex) said:

@Lutalo 3 beautiful EUC ( carbon fiber wrap KS18L , glossy white KS18XL , matte black KS18L )

5997DED7-7573-45B6-8AD7-C36C27249DBB.jpeg

The Magnificent McGyver 18L version on the left. Looking forward to linking up with you on that DIY stand. Had a great time on the ride across the city. You know what time it is: their Capitol, our city. 😀👍

Archived