Thin Gloves for Wearing Under Wrist Protectors?

Jon Stern

It's getting down to the mid-50s Fahrenheit (~13°C) here in Northern California for my morning commutes (yeah, I know that's hardly cold), and a thin pair of gloves would be welcome.

Anyone got any recommendations for thin gloves that would fit under my Demon wrist guards?

20 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

It's getting down to the mid-50s Fahrenheit (~13°C) here in Northern California for my morning commutes (yeah, I know that's hardly cold), and a thin pair of gloves would be welcome.

Anyone got any recommendations for thin gloves that would fit under my Demon wrist guards?

https://www.amazon.com/Tough-Outdoors-Screen-Running-Sports/dp/B01KSLDRUA/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1540707640&sr=8-22&keywords=glove+liners+for+cold+weather+men

I grabbed a pair of under armor glove liners from a local sporting goods store that are nice and thin - they’ve served me well to about 50 degrees so far (I don’t go riding much when it drops below 50 as I haven’t found warm enough gear yet)

I bought a pair of these thin gloves on Amazon as they are designed to be worn as a second layer under bulky gloves. They’ve should work with your Demons. I also like the fact you can still use your smartphone’s touch screen. 

44874904594_577f86f7a5_b.jpg

Get some regular winter gloves and cut the index finger of one just barely so you have touchscreen control. You should have another set of wrist guards that are extra large so you can put them on top of your gloves and the Velcro wrap should fit 

On 10/27/2018 at 11:23 PM, Marcglider said:

Thanks for the recommendation, but I don't think those ones will work well for me. People say the fingers are long, and mine are short.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:59 PM, tscottn said:

Interesting idea. I don't think they'd be great wrist protectors though (too short), especially compared to my Demons.

On 10/28/2018 at 8:17 AM, Rehab1 said:

I bought a pair of these thin gloves on Amazon as they are designed to be worn as a second layer under bulky gloves. They’ve should work with your Demons. I also like the fact you can still use your smartphone’s touch screen. 

44874904594_577f86f7a5_b.jpg

These look like a good option for me. I think I'll try these. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 hour ago, Jon Stern said:

These look like a good option for me. I think I'll try these. Thanks for the recommendation.

My gloves will arrive today. I’ll take a photo tonight depicting the gloves used in conjunction with my flexmeters. 

Here are a few photos of the new gloves and Flexmeter combo. Very light weight,  comfortable stretchy material that does not impede the use of my fingers while also allowing me full function of my smartphone’s touchscreen. 

45590049172_41253c1ffa_b.jpg45590048962_e29c15598c_b.jpg43822552590_5877766002_b.jpg

31768384218_3642b463f6_b.jpg

9 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Is that a beeper on the back of your wrist guard? I was going to look for something to act as a horn.

Yes it is an electronic horn with multiple sounds.  The activation switch is located just above the knuckle of my thumb. 

Can you please let us know the manufacturer of the electronic horn? I am currently using a "bell" app on my iPhone, which is kind of loud enough when played through my EUC speakers, but you have found a better solution.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2018 at 11:42 AM, Rehab1 said:

My gloves will arrive today. I’ll take a photo tonight depicting the gloves used in conjunction with my flexmeters. 

I bought the same gloves and was wearing them up until the Camp Fire smoke made it too hazardous to ride.

They fit me very well, and definitely add some warmth. They're not super warm though. Probably just enough for NorCal winters, but they might be insufficient for colder climates.

Overall I'm very happy with them. Especially at the price.

Archived