Chicago Riders

jfree13

14 hours ago, Chris Grant said:

Hey what's up man!  Here in Chicago too, not often to see other wheel's around that aren't Boosted or OneWheels.

Where do you usually ride?  Weather is starting to turn any day now, go figure.

Yo dude!  I am actually out in palatine.  Did a nice trail ride (25 miles or so) out of Miles with @Steven D Wheeler  the other day.  It was a paved bike trail along the North Branch/ Chicago River that goes up to Skokie and is really decent.  We had a great time but had to cut it short as we pushed 30 mph a few times and that drains my Tesla quite quickly (Steve rides a 100v Monster).  If you know of any scenic trails downtown that is always an option as well.

I'm in Madison (don't know any other EUC riders here) and make it to Chicago a couple times a year - I'll definitely be bringing my EUC next time it's warm enough (meaning Spring, not the random days in December when it will be 60 unexpectedly)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello all,

looking to see if there are e-cycles in Chicagoland area, currently have 2 mini pros and had them for 3 years love them and a boosted board stealth and now looking to find a z6 orz10 or something similiar does any one ride electric unicycle and are there meets up to chataway and experience or if you have a spare to test out looking to get one.

i rode a few times with another group of one wheels and boosted board club in Chicago but don’t see unicycles around

reach out thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yo

I'm a new msx rider in Chicago, been riding about two months now but already pretty confident. Been exploring different trails around the city. 

So far in my experience the suburbs are better suited for higher speed riding. Much better road conditions and drivers are a little more predictable. 

But I'd be down to meet up downtown or around the suburbs. Was riding around lake county last weekend @Robert Hendelman Jr👋

1 hour ago, Stadler said:

Hello everyone. I am also in Chicago area. Anyone schedule a uni-ride?

This is your best bet. There are two msx riders in the group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoostedCHI/

Telegram group chat

https://t.me/joinchat/GGTLCBDOakkKrw-7MwfhZA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I live in Lincoln Park and recently bought a V8. I am struggling to learn how to ride it. I have about 9 miles on it over 2 weeks of owning it. I'm looking for a practice buddy or a trainer. Will pay for training.

Thanks!

-Matt

On 8/7/2019 at 12:34 AM, julioviegas said:

Hey all! I’m riding my z10 around downtown and loop are almost every night! Looking for other riders to join me. 

Cheers

On 8/2/2019 at 11:41 PM, /Dev/Null said:

Hey @MrRobot, I'm moving quickly towards proficiency. Any plans to come up again to ride in Lake county again?  I'm sure @Stadler would love to ride with us as well!

Do either of you use Telegram or Discord for messaging? 

On 7/30/2019 at 1:38 PM, Matthew Ring said:

Hi, I live in Lincoln Park and recently bought a V8. I am struggling to learn how to ride it. I have about 9 miles on it over 2 weeks of owning it. I'm looking for a practice buddy or a trainer. Will pay for training.

Thanks!

-Matt

I taught a 12 year old how to ride my MSX in under an hour. He was riding up and down the street and could even turn around without dismounting. Let me know if you're still having trouble. 

• 2 weeks later...

@/Dev/Null, I'm doing well, actually. I have been learning how to ride my Onewheel Pint and my V8, concurrently and I think the skills are complementary. So far I don't have a favorite device, between the two.

@MrRobot, I'm sure you could help me improve -- I can't turn around very well, yet.

Thanks for your interest!

Officially have the training wheels off.  Rode from downtown to work in oak park (9 miles).  Yes going through west chicago isn't the best, but you can meet some crazy people for sure.  The conversation is pretty hilarous with how animated some of these guys are.  So lesson learned, wanna make friends with gangbangers and drug dealers ride a EUC through west chicago!!!!

• Like 2