Gotway Tesla: Vibrations during standstill on the left side + tilt

chulander

Hi everyone. I was teaching my friend how to ride an EUC and the Tesla dropped on the left side a few times during the hour at about 3-4mph. When I rode the wheel later, I noticed a weird

vibration when the wheel is tilted left and my dominant right leg has weight on the wheel (basically every red light).

Following the advice on another Tesla vibration thread, I retightened the interior pedals screws and the taped anywhere on the outer shell suspected of being the culprit.

However, looking at the videos, it seems like the vibration is coming from within the motor and only appears to be on the the left side. Does anyone have an idea what's happening? Thank you!

Vibrations (pre-tightening)

Vibrations (post-tightening)

18 hours ago, chulander said:

Hey @Marty Backe, since no one replied. I was wondering what your thoughts are regarding the weird strong vibration noise coming from the left side of the wheel when the wheel is tilted and not moving

As Meep suggests, confirm that all the screws holding the control board in place are secured, and tighten as necessary. Given what you've already done, I suspect that board is shifting when you tilt the wheel. It's amazing how sensitive the board sensor is to vibration.

Thanks @meepmeepmayer and @Marty Backe. I'll confirm the motherboard is fastened and not shifting on a tilt.

I got a response from eWheels and Jason mentioned that the motherboard could also be off-centered. The vibration is getting a bit worse and starts to vibrate as I'm braking. I"ll report back tomorrow. Appreciate the help as always

30 minutes ago, chulander said:

Thanks @meepmeepmayer and @Marty Backe. I'll confirm the motherboard is fastened and not shifting on a tilt.

I got a response from eWheels and Jason mentioned that the motherboard could also be off-centered. The vibration is getting a bit worse and starts to vibrate as I'm braking. I"ll report back tomorrow. Appreciate the help as always

Do let us know what you ultimately discover. It helps the community.

Hey @Marty Backe and @meepmeepmayer, following @Jason McNeil advise to “re-center” the motherboard, this resolved the problem.

at first, I had no idea what he meant. However, after removing the 4 screws on the left side panel, I tugged the motherboard closer toward me and made sure it was sitting on the case properly and voila, problem went away. I’ll post a video when I get home (rode the MSX to work instead).

note, the Tesla vibration was really strong yesterday when engaging the brakes downhill, strong enough that it threw my balance off a bit. I’m glad everything was resolved and didn’t require taking off the outershell (which I still can’t do, probably bc I don’t have the right tools to safety dislodge the plastic)

On 10/5/2018 at 6:42 AM, verizo43 said:

Hey, this might be because of misalignment issues I was using this wireless vibration transmitter just for some testing purpose and the similar problem I have faced this kind of problem way back and was able to detect the problem.

hey @verizo43, can you elaborate a bit on this? You use this to detect wheel misalignments? My problem is resolved now but I'm curious to hear/learn more

Archived