Gotway Tesla vibrations

Rubyuni

Hello guys,

I just have received at home my new Gotway Tesla. I like it but i have 2 questions i would like you help me.

1.- When i start riding, at slow velocity, the unicycle vibrates a lot, and the same when i brake. It produces a bad sound too. Is it normal? I´m coming from a IPS lhotz and i don`t know if it is normal in a powerful unicycles.

2.- I downloaded a gotway apk, and tried to change alarms and tilt-back, but when i reach 10kmh, it starts beeping and the tilt-back comes again. Is it beause i was testing at <20% battery?

My unicycle is now charging, and i will try again when fully charged.

Thank you! (and sorry for my bad english)

There shouldn't be vibration while riding over a smooth surface.  What air pressure are you running at?  Maybe use the non-social Gotway APP that Marty Backe uploaded here.

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11932

• Like 1

Hello and thanks for the fast reply.

The vibration is produced when i lift the euc from the ground too, so i know the vibration is produced inside. 

My lhotz did this vibration a few times, but so much lower. Maybe this is normal. Or maybe need to ride it a little bit.

I don`t know the pressure, but i think it´s ok. I will share it when i can.

If alarm problem persists, i will try Marty Backe`s APP.

Thank you so much!

Edited by Rubyuni

I'm not sure what these Gotways are typically inflated to from the factory, but it's probably best to double check the air pressure before riding any wheel.  My Telsa is quite smooth just like my Ninebot One E+.  A lift test produces no unusual vibration.  Maybe the tire and tube needs to be re-seated?  You could try with the wheel seated on two level blocks a tire evenness test.  While suspended, turn the wheel on and check to see how the tire spins to see if there are any irregularities suggesting that the tire is out of round.  

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

So, i opened my EUC as Marty said, to check the screws, and all was ok.

When i assembled the EUC ,  doing another lift test, i could be able to see a vibration in the shell.

You can see on the photo:mono.thumb.jpg.dc54e9ba3d949cd1a64a6e32230fcf4c.jpg

So i had to glue it with a double-sided tape and the sound of the vibration disapeared :D

The beeping and tilt-back desapeared too after full charge.

So everything is ok, but there is still a small vibration between 5 and 15 kmh, maybe this is normal.

Tesla is freakin' awesome. I love how accelerates and the feeling at high velocity. Really another world comparing with my lhotz.

So thank you everybody for helping me. 

keep riding!:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rubyuni said:

Hi,

So, i opened my EUC as Marty said, to check the screws, and all was ok.

When i assembled the EUC ,  doing another lift test, i could be able to see a vibration in the shell.

You can see on the photo:mono.thumb.jpg.dc54e9ba3d949cd1a64a6e32230fcf4c.jpg

So i had to glue it with a double-sided tape and the sound of the vibration disapeared :D

The beeping and tilt-back desapeared too after full charge.

So everything is ok, but there is still a small vibration between 5 and 15 kmh, maybe this is normal.

Tesla is freakin' awesome. I love how accelerates and the feeling at high velocity. Really another world comparing with my lhotz.

So thank you everybody for helping me. 

keep riding!:thumbup:

I'm glad that the 'fix' turned out to be so simple and now you have a fully functioning wheel.

I can only image how different this wheel feels compared to the Ihotz. Apparently endless power and speed (relative to the previous wheel) can be thrilling.