How much is your mileage on a 14'' tire

MBIKER_SURFER

Today I had a flat tire. Going back roughly 6 km - was really annoying.

Well, I looked on my tire as well - totally flat. The tube had a whole - couldn't find the 'bad guy'.

Attached the picture of my V5F tire after exactly 3000 km.

I feel, this is not much. What's your experience?

No offraod driving so far.

DSC03483.JPG

Getting a flat is like flipping a coin. You can get heads with any given flip of the coin.

You can get a flat in your first mile or after 4000-miles. It's bad luck whenever you get it.

Hopefully you already discovered that you can fix the flat with Slime or equivalent.

Hallo,

wanted to change my tube - but it won't fit because of different angle of the valve. Any suggestions?

Modified already my outer shell of the V5F - but still not enough. The upper tube is the one which won't fit because of the valve scratching at the shell.

IMG_20180913_162301[1].jpg

That's about right; I replaced my V5F after almost 2000 miles although it wasn't quite that worn (due to the Mobo blowing, might as well replace while the wheel is open).

I always replace the innertube on my bicycles when replacing tires but with all my EUCs I've ended up patching and reusing the innertubes.

Patching innertubes is strangely enjoyable when done at home instead of the pure misery at the side of the road.

58 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hallo,

wanted to change my tube - but it won't fit because of different angle of the valve. Any suggestions?

Modified already my outer shell of the V5F - but still not enough. The upper tube is the one which won't fit because of the valve scratching at the shell.

IMG_20180913_162301[1].jpg

Unfortunately, you just have to buy the correct type of tube.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Unfortunately, you just have to buy the correct type of tube.

Hm - I bought exactly, what was written on the flat tube: 14 ''' X 2.125 with angle valve.

The problem is, in Germany 14'' is absolutely uncommon. Bikeshops onl have 10'', 12'' and 16'' tires. And 14'' tubes with angle valve is only offered from 1 seller! And that one I bought.

33 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Hm - I bought exactly, what was written on the flat tube: 14 ''' X 2.125 with angle valve.

The problem is, in Germany 14'' is absolutely uncommon. Bikeshops onl have 10'', 12'' and 16'' tires. And 14'' tubes with angle valve is only offered from 1 seller! And that one I bought.

"Angle valve" is not enough. They usually specify 90-degrees or Inline angled valve, or something similar. The more common variety are the 90-degree bent valves.

On 9/13/2018 at 4:37 PM, MBIKER_SURFER said:

turn the tube by 180º (then the valve stem points inwards instead of outwards) and you should be fine

Archived