Kingsong 16 S2??

Rywokast

Has anyone ever heard of this before, I couldn't find any information on it anywhere.. Saw the sticker on the pedal and it says LG 1036 Wh batteries instead of the Sanyo 840 Wh... I assumed that someone just stuck on the wrong sticker a la 18L, but upon closer inspection you can see that the label indicates it as being the Kingsong 16 S2. I still couldn't believe it because there is no information anywhere about an S2 nor a 16 with the LG batteries. Just ran it out for a range test, night time so its pretty chilly about 10 C on bike trails, sidewalks and roads, lots of hills and that included the tallest mountain here which is 1.5 km steep incline, going max speed (35 kph) mostly the whole time, and on the first charge from 100% down to 20% i was able to go 62 km.... that does seem to line up with the battery claim.. on my Tesla which was 1020 Wh I got around the same, though it was quite a bit warmer out during the Tesla range test so that would make up for the speed differential between the two.

20180824_145244.jpg

1036Wh could be a 84V wheel (20s4p with 3500mAh) or a 67.2V wheel (16s5p 3500mAh).

Check the charger if it is 84V. Anyways, if the sticker is right, they managed to put more batteries inside the wheel. Cool! Wanna open it?

Interesting find. When and where did you buy it?

(Also, why does everyone get 60+km from their 1000Wh wheels? I barely get that from my 1300Wh ACM pffff:efee8c29ce:)

My KS16S made about 1.5 years ago also has "S2" in the serial number, so that doesn't really mean anything, but certainly 1036Wh model hasn't been available before to my knowledge.

ZmV4iMJ.png

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

(Also, why does everyone get 60+km from their 1000Wh wheels? I barely get that from my 1300Wh ACM pffff:efee8c29ce:)

Rider weight? I get about 60km out of the 840Wh KS16S, but then it's pretty much 0% at the end.

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

1036Wh could be a 84V wheel (20s4p with 3500mAh) or a 67.2V wheel (16s5p 3500mAh).

Check the charger if it is 84V. Anyways, if the sticker is right, they managed to put more batteries inside the wheel. Cool! Wanna open it?

It is 67.2 unfortunately.. I was excited at the possibility of a slightly higher speed if it was but, nope.. still 67 and still 35 kph firmware max.. but, that mileage is awesome.... uhh im not sure lol i mean, im only 120 lbs so im sure that is in my favour.. from my 1600 ACM i can get 100 km with 20% remaining

3 minutes ago, esaj said:

My KS16S made about 1.5 years ago also has "S2" in the serial number, so that doesn't really mean anything, but certainly 1036Wh model hasn't been available before to my knowledge.

ZmV4iMJ.png

Rider weight? I get about 60km out of the 840Wh KS16S, but then it's pretty much 0% at the end.

ahhh well that solves that mystery then lol guess they just call it S2 for that sticker?? thanks for posting the pic i tried to find one online but they were all so blurry couldnt make out the sticker.. yea it was probably more like 22 or 23% as it was going up and down when i was watching while riding it on the stretch home.. 20% being the lowest, but for the relatively cold weather and the fact i went up a mountain it seems just a little better than what 840 is capable of, no? im 120 lbs

No KS16S2 with 84V and maybe 40km/h top speed? Would have been cool.

120lbs explains the range without me getting green with envy:whistling:

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

When and where did you buy it?

Would still like to know.

Maybe this is an official bigger battery evolution of the 16S? Is it a recent Ali purchase?

7 minutes ago, esaj said:

and btw i feel totally ripped off now... my euc didnt come with any haribo gummies :/

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

No KS16S2 with 84V and maybe 40km/h top speed? Would have been cool.

120lbs explains the range without me getting green with envy:whistling:

Would still like to know.

Maybe this is an official bigger battery evolution of the 16S? Is it a recent Ali purchase?

oh lol sorry forgot to answer that part.. no, not ali unfortunately as it would have been a lot cheaper but i havent seen any kingsongs on there for a long time.. from freemotion shop

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

yea it was probably more like 22 or 23% as it was going up and down when i was watching while riding it on the stretch home.. 20% being the lowest, but for the relatively cold weather and the fact i went up a mountain it seems just a little better than what 840 is capable of, no? im 120 lbs

I was actually responding to meepmeepmyers' question about the mileage, I'm about 125-130lbs. No doubt the battery is larger than 840Wh.

1 minute ago, esaj said:

I was actually responding to meepmeepmyers' question about the mileage, I'm about 125-130lbs. No doubt the battery is larger than 840Wh.

oh, yea.. duh, didnt even notice that you quoted him xD yes us twigs have a definite advantage there haha.. i sure hope so that would be awesome as the ks16 is my favourite EUC that ive tried.. though i have an msuper 1600 coming so well see :D the roads are quite rough here im hoping the 18" wheel will be a bit more comfortable, never been on an 18 incher before

oh and no, i will not open the wheel to confirm unless i have no choice as forcibly prying off the light and side panels and then removing the self tapping screws is janky af.. you would think that for the few cents it would cost they would at least have some threaded inserts (new gotways and ks18l) or some easier way to remove the side panels besides brute force like the ninebots and inmotion.. i dread taking my wheels apart lol

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

They ride slower. Simple. When I rode me Monster at ~15-mph I achieved 95-miles! When I rode it fast (20+ mph) I get 65-miles).

When I ride my 1000wh Z10 fast, it's a ~35-mile wheel. When I ride it slower it's a 40-mile wheel.

Of course you know all this :)

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

They ride slower. Simple. When I rode me Monster at ~15-mph I achieved 95-miles! When I rode it fast (20+ mph) I get 65-miles).

When I ride my 1000wh Z10 fast, it's a ~35-mile wheel. When I ride it slower it's a 40-mile wheel.

Of course you know all this :)

yup,, I tend to stick around 32-34 on long range cruises as going any faster than that on a 16" is difficult on these bumpy roads.. but you bet when I get a long smooth clearing I'll shoot up to 45,, also I'm wearing no gear at all so under 35 I feel like I probably wouldn't die if I crashed whereas 45 is questionable lol

50 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

yup,, I tend to stick around 32-34 on long range cruises as going any faster than that on a 16" is difficult on these bumpy roads.. but you bet when I get a long smooth clearing I'll shoot up to 45,, also I'm wearing no gear at all so under 35 I feel like I probably wouldn't die if I crashed whereas 45 is questionable lol

:laughbounce2:

12 hours ago, Rywokast said:

thanks for posting the pic i tried to find one online but they were all so blurry couldnt make out the sticker..

Not sure what possessed me to try a reverse image search on Google, but the results were funny...

car-seat.jpg.8d6e6f424075944bedec4e1159fd769c.jpg

What you seem to have there is either a car seat or a set of headphones (not a wheel at all).

39 minutes ago, RayRay said:

Not sure what possessed me to try a reverse image search on Google, but the results were funny...

car-seat.jpg.8d6e6f424075944bedec4e1159fd769c.jpg

What you seem to have there is either a car seat or a set of headphones (not a wheel at all).

lmao so close

Archived