NINEBOT ES1 ES2 Motherboard replacement.

scooterider

6 hours ago, steve454 said:

Welcome to the forum!

I would call ninebotus and ask them.  I don't think you can swap a motherboard on a ninebot, it was possible on the one e+ a couple of years ago, then policy changed and it was required to send in the wheel for board change.

http://www.ninebotrepair.com/

Thank you for the input, if I own the hardware why cant I fix and repair my own device? its like not being able to change your laptops motherboard...

40 minutes ago, scooterider said:

Thank you for the input, if I own the hardware why cant I fix and repair my own device? its like not being able to change your laptops motherboard...

Absolutely nothing stopping you doing whatever you like with what you own - and by the same token absolutely nothing forcing Ninebot to sell you spare parts either.. If you can find another one somewhere it shouldn’t be difficult to replace, but you cannot just go buy a generic board (like you could with your laptop.) as its power circuitry may not be compatible with your motor and the gyro orientation could be completely different.

I hope you got it REAL cheap, as it might have been an idea to investigate the spare parts situation first?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scooterider said:

Your welcome, if I remember correctly, there were too many people having problems trying to change serial numbers to the new boards and Ninebot quit selling them, instead forcing owners to use authorized repair centers.  

Might be different for scooters.

The ES2 is the high powered version of the kickscooter.  From what I have seen, the Bird rideshare scooter is probably the ES1, and they are flooding major metropolitan areas like parts of Los Angeles and other cities.  Out of stock at NinebotUS, but due to sheer numbers, there are bound to be motherboards out there.  Closed today but there is a phone number in the link I gave you.  

That reminds me, I wonder who does the maintenance on these thousands of ride share scooters?  I read an article that people are paid to take them home and charge them at night, but nothing was mentioned about repairs.  

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Edited by steve454

32 minutes ago, Keith said:

Absolutely nothing stopping you doing whatever you like with what you own - and by the same token absolutely nothing forcing Ninebot to sell you spare parts either.. If you can find another one somewhere it shouldn’t be difficult to replace, but you cannot just go buy a generic board (like you could with your laptop.) as its power circuitry may not be compatible with your motor and the gyro orientation could be completely different.

I hope you got it REAL cheap, as it might have been an idea to investigate the spare parts situation first?

There are couple people selling authentic boards online as they claim, what price are these boards considered cheap as?

Im waiting for the board to arrive, will report on its authenticity

"Your welcome, if I remember correctly, there were too many people having problems trying to change serial numbers to the new boards and Ninebot quit selling them, instead forcing owners to use authorized repair centers.  

Might be different for scooters."

What do you mean change serial numbers to new board, doesn't the new board come with a new serial number? and why is it required to change its serial number?

Sorry for all the questions, new to this world of ninebots, a noob. If you can direct me to a place that answers how these scooters and parts work Id appreciate it. as I couldn't find any info. Thank you

Edited by scooterider

31 minutes ago, scooterider said:

There are couple people selling authentic boards online as they claim, what price are these boards considered cheap as?

Im waiting for the board to arrive, will report on its authenticity

"Your welcome, if I remember correctly, there were too many people having problems trying to change serial numbers to the new boards and Ninebot quit selling them, instead forcing owners to use authorized repair centers.  

Might be different for scooters."

What do you mean change serial numbers to new board, doesn't the new board come with a new serial number? and why is it required to change its serial number?

Sorry for all the questions, new to this world of ninebots, a noob. If you can direct me to a place that answers how these scooters and parts work Id appreciate it. as I couldn't find any info. Thank you

I get the impression that Ninebot is trying to prevent imitation products from being used.  There was a thread about battery packs for the Minis that fit perfectly but they couldn't communicate with the motherboard like a genuine Ninebot battery, so the speed was limited to very slow speed.  I think it is a liability issue.

And they don't want to lose money to copycat companies.

Edited by steve454

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 1:10 PM, ohv_ said:

not that I can see. iphone and android.

code 35 on the display? 

This is what i purchased https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dashboard-for-NINEBOT-ES2-electric-scooter-parts-Panel-display/32898171059.html

got the same thing, im getting error code for incorrect serial number. are you using a iphone or android?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you replaced the dashboard with a new one, you must do this process with it apart (not in the tube)

timing plays a role in getting this to reset correctly.

you will have the new dashboard connect to the controller and battery (exposed)

turn on your Segway app now and have it scanning 

turn on your dashboard 

as soon as you see it appear in the app window , click the button to activate the connection

and it will ask to do a firmware update... say yes.. and it may restart the display and if it ask again to update, say yes and do it until its says its all updated.

if you miss the window to do this process, you will have to disconnect the Controller from the battery... yes the controller, not the the dashboard.

then try this all again.

Edited by ionbrain
update
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , is it possible to connect es2 dashboard or motherboard with pc ?

i saw several programming cables similar to cable that goes from dashboard to motherboard that blue circle with 4 holes/pins and on other side is USB-C ? Will Pc recognize that ? 

Or is it some tool that is made for scanning and repairing software errors? 

Like you have for cars and motorcycle.

thanks in advance ✌🏻

not necessarily  , 

if this is a motherboard that came with your system and is now showing this error then yes

if you just installed a new or used board then its just the error shown since there is a conflict in the EEPROM communication and needs to be fixed by doing

a firmware update.