NINEBOT ES1 ES2 Motherboard replacement.

scooterider

Try doing a simple reset

Hold the left and right throttle and brake at Full , best to just tape in position

then turn on and hold the power button down until beeping pattern changes, usually 15 seconds

then let power button go, get a error and ignore

remove the tape, power it off and then back on and see if this fixes your issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently had a similar issue where I bought a 2nd hand ES2 that was not working. I ordered a new motherboard from China and the scooter works well with no errors.

The only issue I have is that the extra functionality, like changing the colour of the led strip lights, is now not available to me in the IOS app.

Has anyone seen a somewhat similar issue as this?

Thanks for looking.

8 hours ago, rob582 said:

Hi,

I recently had a similar issue where I bought a 2nd hand ES2 that was not working. I ordered a new motherboard from China and the scooter works well with no errors.

The only issue I have is that the extra functionality, like changing the colour of the led strip lights, is now not available to me in the IOS app.

Has anyone seen a somewhat similar issue as this?

Thanks for looking.

You got the wrong control board, 

you got one for ES1 and not a ES2 that now have that support, you will have to get another board to have the lights be in the EEPROM and visible by the bluetooth software

8 hours ago, ionbrain said:

You got the wrong control board, 

you got one for ES1 and not a ES2 that now have that support, you will have to get another board to have the lights be in the EEPROM and visible by the bluetooth software

Thanks for the reply, It turns out that I did have the correct board but the serial numbers were out of sync. I flashed the old serial number of the scooter to the board and now I have it all working. Cheers.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:34 AM, rob582 said:

Thanks for the reply, It turns out that I did have the correct board but the serial numbers were out of sync. I flashed the old serial number of the scooter to the board and now I have it all working. Cheers.

How did you flash the old serial nr to the board? Been trying all day to get them in sync, but nothing works. Have orignal ES2 control board

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 9:31 AM, Mobileguru said:

How did you flash the old serial nr to the board? Been trying all day to get them in sync, but nothing works. Have orignal ES2 control board

Let's correct this terminology, wrong serial number is the ERROR you get but in reality

it's just that the USB connections is out of sync

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 7:53 AM, ionbrain said:

If you replaced the dashboard with a new one, you must do this process with it apart (not in the tube)

timing plays a role in getting this to reset correctly.

you will have the new dashboard connect to the controller and battery (exposed)

turn on your Segway app now and have it scanning 

turn on your dashboard 

as soon as you see it appear in the app window , click the button to activate the connection

and it will ask to do a firmware update... say yes.. and it may restart the display and if it ask again to update, say yes and do it until its says its all updated.

if you miss the window to do this process, you will have to disconnect the Controller from the battery... yes the controller, not the the dashboard.

then try this all again.

This method did not work for me, I was trying to get rid of Error 35 on my ninebot ES2, anyways I found a method which worked for me,

Here is how i get rid of Error 35 after I wipe the dashboard with stlink v2.

Power off your dashboard.

Hold down accelerator and break without releasing power on the scooter dashboard,

after you hear a beep release both accelerator and break

then the error 35 will stop beeping. (It will come back everytime you off and on the scooter again)

to get rid of it totally you need to change your serial number of your dashboard.

Here is how i change my serial number.

I downloaded the ninebot-flasher from windows app. (I am using win10)

Press Ctrl-Alt-A, you should see some new buttons appear on the screen.

Copy and paste in your original serial,

Change a few digits from your original serial and leave the front few alphabet unchange.

Click on Write ESC Sn. You should see your previous SN appear and hear the scooter beep.

Click on SerialNumber and check that your serial number was changed.

or you can just follow the instructions on the link below:-

https://www.scooterhacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14

then the error totally gone after i rebooted.

Hope it works for you.

Good Luck.

• 7 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 3:41 PM, Tslr said:

I've got an es1 that someone tried to flash through Bluetooth. I don't know exactly what has been done but now when pressing the power button the dashboard comes on for a second then goes blank but continually beeps. The Bluetooth no longer works at all so cant connect anymore. I took it apart to have a look at the control board. There is a solid red led lit when powered on. I'm thinking they messed up the reprogramming, is there a way to factory reset the control board to put it back to the way it was? Thanks any help would be appreciated

I'm in the same way on my motherboard it has a red led and I still can't find how to remove it, you found a solution.

• 1 year later...

Hi, read all this thread ...

But have a different error ...

Changed the control board,and when I try to turn the ES4 on, the dashboard goes on and then off (1-2 sec) ...

Any help for that ???

So the control board in new, the dashboard old ...

thx in advice