v10F Range

Andee

On 10/13/2019 at 10:10 PM, LZMutant said:

As to InMotion's claims, they're probably based on test riders who weigh 110 pounds and cruise at 12 mph on flat ground.  I'd love for all the major players to get taller and heavier riders and do testing with them.  Offer different expectations based on size, weight and terrain.

I think it's similar to manufacturer claims about battery life on phones and laptops.  Apple claims my laptop gets 10 hours of battery life.  In real-life usage, I've never gotten more than around 2.5.  

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 12:09 PM, Mike Sacristan said:

Let's use bicycle numbers and a 3m/s head wind.

20 kmh = 100 watt
30 kmh = 240 watt
35 kmh = 350 watt
40 kmh = 477 watt
45 kmh = 640 watt
50 kmh = 800 watt

That's a big power difference from 20 kmh to 35 kmh and most of it is due to wind resistance.

If you want the advertised range you need to ride at 20~ish C degrees, 20 kmh and weigh around 60kg and ALSO stick to only flats.

Otherwise you can generally get the Wh in the battery and just divide it by 20 to reach an average and the consider if you are average or not.
960Wh / 20 = 48km.
1554Wh / 20 = 77.7km.

My riding weight is around 65kg. I did a 35km cruise on the V10F and the battery was at less than 30% so the fun was over.
I was riding the tilt back quite a bit though as I was on the cruise with a Nikola rider and an MSX rider.
And of course it was windy.. because Stockholm...

Very useful info!

I just bought V10F. If to change max speed to 45 km/h (with wheellog or darknessbot), even at 15% battery it's still possible to ride with speed up to 30 km/h.

My riding weight is about 95 kg and even with full battery (with wheellog "hack") it's hard to ride faster than 35-37 km/h, it-s 30-35 km/h wheel.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Priit Kärsna said:

Very useful info!

I just bought V10F. If to change max speed to 45 km/h (with wheellog or darknessbot), even at 15% battery it's still possible to ride with speed up to 30 km/h.

My riding weight is about 95 kg and even with full battery (with wheellog "hack") it's hard to ride faster than 35-37 km/h, it-s 30-35 km/h wheel.

Now this is my opinion after watching post since I started to look into EUCs. 

Some will not agree with this but... Just think how people ride a moped, mc or drive a car. 

Max speed is possible to ride on wheels for most riders. But the heavier the rider the lower the battery you have the less margin you as rider have to maintain balance at any time. 

Going very slow can get just as dangerous as it generates big spikes to climb over obstacles like potholes, roots, stones, curbs speed bumps. 

Going that top speed will leave less torque to keep balance the wheel. 

When people ride EUCs they often forget that keeping wheel balanced and stable take energy and how much they don't think about. Going on a cycle where you as ride have to propel the cycle gives you an idea, but on an EUC that connection is lost. 

You will find most accidents posted here on the forum are very low speed near home, in "safe" area cought by surprise. Or near top speed where people accelerate fast or hit a tiny hole that wheel can't keep up with. 

So I agree with your speed for V10f. That is what you as user should expect. Don't buy it to do 45kmh in any situation, because you can easily get a bad surprise then. 

As a side note:

Same as I don't ride my KS16X above 40kmh. It is build for climbing and acceleration, not for top speed. Due to the acceleration going too aggressive is very easy as you hit top speed so fast. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 7:30 AM, skautas2003 said:

With 83 kg weight you can achieve from 45km to 50 km if you ride average speed ( not 10-15 km/h :) )

Let's be honest, that is pretty amazing. Does the tiltback become really bad when you are under 50%?

15 hours ago, Shaddox27 said:

Let's be honest, that is pretty amazing. Does the tiltback become really bad when you are under 50%?

Almost till the end you  can get 30km/h without tiltback. Severity of tiltback do not depend on battery level. Just tiltback starts at lower speed when battery level decreases.

It is hard to judge how severe tiltback is, it is not throwing you from the "horse" but you cant overcome it.