v10F Range

Andee

I’m 73 kg naked and I’ve done 45 km ride with mostly 32-37 km/h speeds or off-roading. I could’ve gone longer, but not very enjoyable speeds anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

I’m 73 kg naked and I’ve done 45 km ride with mostly 32-37 km/h speeds or off-roading. I could’ve gone longer, but not very enjoyable speeds anymore. 

Hmm... 45 km is not bad. I feel like I want to always go 32-37km/h

24 minutes ago, Turbocharged said:

If pushing speed limits all the time... V10F can be drained in roughly 40 km. like UniVehje said, it’s less enjoyable when the speed limit starts to get lower.

thats exactly what I want to do. Im like 90kg, So that will probably take me down even further. I wonder if theres a nice graph we can draw with weight and range as its params for each euc. Does the app give good range est?

Edited by Andee

43 minutes ago, Andee said:

. Does the app give good range est?

Not really. I don’t think any app does. It varies so much between riders and riding style. But it has nice tools to monitor consumption in moment, per ride and all time averages. So you will learn to interpret the range est and percentages for you. 

At 90 kg, expect to go 40 km at more than 33 km/h. After that you can limp back home another 10 km at 25 km/h. That would be my guess for this wheel. For longer full speed rides you will need bigger batteries. The wheel will be thicker and heavier and probably a Gotway. 

If the manufacturer gives a number, half that if you are 90 kg and ride full speed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/1/2018 at 4:28 PM, Turbocharged said:

If pushing speed limits all the time... V10F can be drained in roughly 40 km. like UniVehje said, it’s less enjoyable when the speed limit starts to get lower.

That’s awesome. Does anyone know the range of the V10 not the V10F? I’m trying to determine if it’s worth getting the V10 instead of the V10F because of the price. 

3 hours ago, Jediah Matthew said:

That’s awesome. Does anyone know the range of the V10 not the V10F? I’m trying to determine if it’s worth getting the V10 instead of the V10F because of the price. 

It really is quite linear with Wh numbers. Think about 15 Wh / km and you get close. 

I would always go for the bigger battery. You’ll have the option to take long rides and you can ride faster for longer. If you keep it long time battery degradation matters less or resale value is better. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@UniVehje, I am waiting for my V10F to arrive.

Is it true that the Top speed can be increased to 45km/h through firmware update or through another app? 

After 150km of riding, it unlocks more power? 

Edited by Edddeus

4 minutes ago, Edddeus said:

@UniVehje, I am waiting for my V10F to arrive.

Is it true that the Top speed can be increased to 45km/h through firmware update or through another app? 

After 150km of riding, it unlocks more power? 

45 km/h is true! I used DarknessBot on iOS.

There are no unlocks at 150 km. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jediah Matthew said:

Does anyone know the range of the V10 not the V10F? I’m trying to determine if it’s worth getting the V10 instead of the V10F because of the price. 

I'm 95kg (including luggage) and can easily do 30km on my V10.  Battery from 100% to 25%.  I never went below 20%, so I guess my range falls between 35 & 40km.  My commute terrain is quite hilly, with altitude delta's of 60m.  My normal average speed is between 25-30kmh and max speed between 34-38kmh, to give you an idea about my driving style.

A weird thing I remarked is that my battery decreases non-linearly, which makes it hard(er) to predict range :

- First 10km : battery from 100% to 68% (3 bars left on battery indicator)

- Second 10km : battery from 68% to 40% (2 bars left - orange/red)

- Third 10km : battery from 40% to 25% (1 bar left -  red, non-blinking)

• 11 months later...

I have 105 Kg. and I ride a V10F. In accordance with (iaw) Inmotion app I have aprox 50 km range if I ride average 24 to 26 km/h speeds from 100 to 10 battery. In reality iaw gps tracker from 0 to 25 Km per/h Inmotion V10F shows about 2-3 km more on the speed clock on the app. At maximum 40 km/h the real gps speed is about 36 km/h. The oddormeter is off by 5% always ... so in reality 50km on the app means 45 km pe gps racker. That s for my V10F. If I ride more that 24-26km /h (gps 21-24) at about 30 33 (gps 27 30) i have max 40 km range (gps tracked 36 km)

On 9/21/2019 at 6:35 PM, Brandin J. Mercer said:

At 185 lbs  cruising on mostly flat road or gravel at 15-18 mph.. any good estimates on how far u could go on a charge on the v10f. 

Thanks. 

On my v10f me and my son went on a long trail ride and I did 31 miles on a full charge and I mean completely drain where it stop and I'm 5'5 137lbs doing a cruising speed of about 24mph. my son on the ther hand was on a Msuperx 84v and man he had plenty of miles left.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't the advertised range 90-100 km?

https://imgur.com/a/TxtrVzZ   (why the hell can't I insert an imgur image? the URL is not accepted for some reason)

https://www.inmotionworld.com/product/electric-unicycle-inmotion-v10

How come you are discussing the 35-40km you have with your V10F as something acceptable?

Edited by ( _ ) Alexey

1 hour ago, ( _ ) Alexey said:

Isn't the advertised range 90-100 km?

Those advertised range are estimation of best case scenario I think. It's like "drive your new Lexus now for only $299/ month!"

1 hour ago, ( _ ) Alexey said:

https://imgur.com/a/TxtrVzZ   (why the hell can't I insert an imgur image? the URL is not accepted for some reason)

https://i.imgur.com/tUf7pUp.png <- copy the img address with the extension code. If it does not automatically converted then use "Insert other media" on the lower right corner.

tUf7pUp.png

The rolling resistance is linear with speed so no battery hog there.

The wind resistance however is exponentially dependant with speed. I don't have the numbers but 40km/h could require drain the battery twice as fast as 25-30km/h and so on.

Running a low tire prssure also reduces range.

• Like 1

Hey - so one day last month I decided to ride as far as I could on a 100% charge.  Flat ground, mostly bike path and clear streets.  Not a lot of stop and go.

I weigh 165, 170 or so with light gear.

I got 29.4 miles before the radical tailback at 20% battery.  I was monitoring the battery and expected it so it was not a drama at all.  I shut off the wheel, waited for it to recalibrate the charge, then started it up and saw 22%.

I drove back to my car at around 15mph and had no issues.  In all I got 30 miles out of the wheel at good speeds and ideal surfaces.  It's pretty much what I was told to expect.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 7:46 PM, Kens said:

https://i.imgur.com/tUf7pUp.png <- copy the img address with the extension code. If it does not automatically converted then use "Insert other media" on the lower right corner.

Got it. Thanks man.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:46 PM, Kens said:

Those advertised range are estimation of best case scenario I think. It's like "drive your new Lexus now for only $299/ month!"

I understand what you are saying and I don't really expect to hit 90km range in real world conditions. But it can't be less than half of that. I thought there was an issue with the battery in my specific unit, maybe I got an incorrectly marked V10 battery instead of a V10F one or something, but I see it's not just my unit, so I'm puzzled.

Is there anyone that was able to go over 60km on one charge?

My V8 has 30+km range after 3000km on it. It does not make any sense to me that this huge battery of V10F lasts just 30% more.

If that's the case with all V10F - that's both questionable engineering and false advertising.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:18 AM, LZMutant said:

Hey - so one day last month I decided to ride as far as I could on a 100% charge.  Flat ground, mostly bike path and clear streets.  Not a lot of stop and go.
In all I got 30 miles out of the wheel at good speeds and ideal surfaces.  It's pretty much what I was told to expect.

That's barely 50km, more than I get, but still half the advertised range. I don't see it as acceptable.

6 minutes ago, ( _ ) Alexey said:

I understand what you are saying and I don't really expect to hit 90km range in real world conditions. But it can't be less than half of that. I thought there was an issue with the battery in my specific unit, maybe I got an incorrectly marked V10 battery instead of a V10F one or something, but I see it's not just my unit, so I'm puzzled.

Is there anyone that was able to go over 60km on one charge?

My V8 has 30+km range after 3000km on it. It does not make any sense to me that this huge battery of V10F lasts just 30% more.

If that's the case with all V10F - that's both questionable engineering and false advertising.

On the Inmotion app you can see what your consumption is, for the ride, all time and momentarily. This depends heavily on you weight, speed, riding style, terrain, hills and temperature. Speed, weight and temperature being the biggest factors. I used to average around 15 Wh per kilometer on my V10F, speed usually 30-35 km/h and weight 75 kg. I could have done over 60 km but never did on that wheel. My consumption has been same with other wheels. 

You ride faster on your V10F than V8. So your mileage will not be linear. Speed affects your consumption very much. 

Yes, the advertising is misleading but they also state clearly the conditions, 75 kg, 15 km/h, flat etc. it’s also in line with every other EUC maker’s advertising. They all do the same. Most important is to know your average consumption and then calculate from there. You would get exactly the same mileage from other ~1000 Wh wheels. Most people get around half the advertised range in real life. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

If you want the advertised range you need to ride at 20~ish C degrees, 20 kmh and weigh around 60kg and ALSO stick to only flats.

As you point out, speed and ambient temperature make a huge difference. I weigh ~80kg and can still travel at or below 11Wh/km on a V8 when I stay at modest speed and acceleration,  even included some benign inclines of 10-20m of altitude. High tire pressure also helps to squeeze another Wh or even 2.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

There is no such thing as a certain Wh/km value that other riders can expect to have. It's just a -personal- average.

It depends on the riding style/terrain/tire pressure/wind resistance and if you like to take some hints from cycling: the clothes you wear/the tire kind/inner tube material and thickness.

If you plan to climb then weight is going to impact the consumption a lot. If you ride flats, not so much as your frontal area (wind resistance) and speed.

Edited by alcatraz

19 hours ago, ( _ ) Alexey said:

That's barely 50km, more than I get, but still half the advertised range. I don't see it as acceptable.

I was pretty surprised.  

Here in Los Angeles, the requirement to participate in group rides is a 1600WH wheel, which has the range to make the popular routes without recharging (about 45 to 60 miles).

This was the biggest factor in my recent (as in four days ago) upgrade to a Nikola Plus 2100WH wheel.  

Love the ride on the V10F but it just didn't have the range. Also, the speed was limited (slightly) after about 5 minutes of riding at full power.  Over the course of, say, a 15 mile recreational ride, I'd start on 25mph and by five miles in was limited to 22.  By 10 miles in about 20.  And so on.  

I'm no speed demon but I'd like to cruise at my preferred speed for hours not minutes.  

As to InMotion's claims, they're probably based on test riders who weigh 110 pounds and cruise at 12 mph on flat ground.  I'd love for all the major players to get taller and heavier riders and do testing with them.  Offer different expectations based on size, weight and terrain.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2019 at 7:10 AM, LZMutant said:

I was pretty surprised.  

Here in Los Angeles, the requirement to participate in group rides is a 1600WH wheel, which has the range to make the popular routes without recharging (about 45 to 60 miles).

This was the biggest factor in my recent (as in four days ago) upgrade to a Nikola Plus 2100WH wheel.  

Love the ride on the V10F but it just didn't have the range. Also, the speed was limited (slightly) after about 5 minutes of riding at full power.  Over the course of, say, a 15 mile recreational ride, I'd start on 25mph and by five miles in was limited to 22.  By 10 miles in about 20.  And so on.  

I'm no speed demon but I'd like to cruise at my preferred speed for hours not minutes.  

As to InMotion's claims, they're probably based on test riders who weigh 110 pounds and cruise at 12 mph on flat ground.  I'd love for all the major players to get taller and heavier riders and do testing with them.  Offer different expectations based on size, weight and terrain.

Disappointing :|

Lesson learned. Will have to buy one of the ugly ones next time.

• Like 1