Newbie question. Is there a right way to ride forward on a msuper?

Probably not, at least on vee's MCM2s, the speed data from the wheel gives positive values when the power button is on the right side, yet on @Tilmann's MSuper, it shows negative values (the motor is installed the other way around or the wiring is reversed or something?) when ridden the same way. You won't see negative speed-values in the Gotway app, it will always show just positive values by reversing the sign on negative values (ie when the motor is running "backwards").

I don't think it really matters on most wheels that don't have clear "back" and "front". I've ridden the generic "both ways", Firewheel has a clear back and front (front light and tail/brake light). The tire has rolling direction marking (an arrow somewhere along the outer edge), that usually has to do with the pattern on the tire (the water should fly outwards from the center), but someone once pointed out that vehicles with tires that have very small touch-area to the road won't aquaplane that easily . The speed needed to aquaplane on a bicycle in normal rain with "normal weight" (70-80kg?) rider was something like way over 100km/h, maybe closer to 200km/h... ;) Of course if there's more water on the street, it can happen more easily, but in that case the patterning/rolling direction of the tire doesn't matter much anymore... And you can always slip on wet pavement, but I doubt the rotation/patterning makes much difference there either.

Gotway say that it should be ridden with the button on the right and the pedals having the "inverted vee" shape at the front, but most people including my family ride them the other way around simply because getting enough pressure down on the front of the pedal can be difficult on steep hills. As the pressure comes directly from the ball of your foot the inverted vee shape makes no sense as it removes support from the very area you need it.

Some have swapped the pedals side to side so that they can still have the button on the right, but it doesn't bother us that it's on the left.

I'm not sure if this is a compliment or not, but thanks anyway... ;)

If more people in this World were to put as much effort into things as you, it would be a much better place!

Anyway, are my socks ironed yet.....?! 
:lol: ;)

If more people in this World were to put as much effort into things as you, it would be a much better place!
Anyway, are my socks ironed yet.....?! 
:lol: ;)

Coming, Sahib! Would you like fries with that? Ok, I'm tired, I slept around three and a half hours last night  :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Gotway say that it should be ridden with the button on the right and the pedals having the "inverted vee" shape at the front, but most people including my family ride them the other way around simply because getting enough pressure down on the front of the pedal can be difficult on steep hills. As the pressure comes directly from the ball of your foot the inverted vee shape makes no sense as it removes support from the very area you need it.

Some have swapped the pedals side to side so that they can still have the button on the right, but it doesn't bother us that it's on the left.

Sorry to bring this up, but we can remove the pedals and switch sides so that it's both Gotway's right way and "none inverted vee" shape.

Archived