I just got my Inmotion V10

Serdar Baş

My previous EUCs are: ninebot , inmotion v8, IPS i5

Today I received my Inmotion v10 from (Warning marketing here :) ) from https://www.electricunicycles.eu/  They delivered it super fast , I liked the cute hand signed note on my V10 and wanted to give them a credit.

After riding for 3 hours , my first impressions are (Warning, I only set the max speed and max sensitivity on app and never checked the tire pressure):

1- It is big and heavy. I mean HEAVY. I never felt any EUC I've used heavy but you can feel the weight while riding!.

2- There is a 2sec delay when you first speed up from 0 (I believe all my previous EUCs would beat v10 on startup). I believe this is due to heavy weight. After 2 sec, it speeds up faster than any EUC I had.

3- Same goes for the breaking. 

4- It looks sexy

5- I loved the height.

6- The maneuverability is acceptable but not very good (Mind you that I'm currently riding 7.5kg IPS I5).

7- I like the new trolley handle. Much better than I8's.

8- This thing rides on anything. Grass , forest, SAND!. I'm really amazed with it's off-road capabilities.

9- Riding is very very comfortable.

10- It goes FAST. Only few may dare to ride this on top speed regularly. It is suicidal without full body protection.

11- I liked the big pedals but I didn't feel too much difference between my V10 and tiny I5's pedals.

12- It had a tendency to wobble slightly on high speeds (again I didn't even check the tire pressure, I just ride it right off the box) and interestingly, due to sheer weight of the EUC, when it wobbles , it wants to keep wobbling.

Conclusion: This is a cruiser with a big engine. If you want to go far, go fast and feel comfortable. This is for you. But don't expect agility. I remind you again there is a very noticeable delay when you speed up on low speeds. (Maybe they can increase the torque on low speeds?). This is not something you want in a park. This is a real vehicle now. I love my V10 but I will still keep my IPS i5 they are not substitute for each other.

If you have any questions , I would be glad to answer.

6616858d-b060-499a-8892-61411795e75a.jpg

Congrats on you new toy!

Put 2.8 - 3 bars on the tire first. Then play with the settings, footboard sensitivity and angle. 

I think it feels heavy because the weight is at the top. You will get used to it. You need some time and kilometers and your riding muscles must get bigger for it. It starts to feel very agile later on. Great for offroading. Try to ride with a wide stance, shins not touching the pads. 

I agree about the acceleration. I think this issue should be fixed by a firmware upgrade. On the other hand, acceleration from, say, 20 km/h to 30 km/h is also very importand for enjoyment and this wheel excels at that. And you will learn to command it more. The power is there but you need to force it out. Settings will help a bit and let’s hope for an update also. 

Wobbles will go away by getting stronger and having the right tire pressure. Just give it some time. 

I have now about 900 km on my V10F and it’s getting better all the time. It’s different than other wheels and you might need to learn new riding style. But it’s worth it! I love mine. 

7 hours ago, UniVehje said:

Put 2.8 - 3 bars on the tire first.

good advice. i’m probably running the tire at 45psi. also set sensitivity to the highest setting 4000 something and get a level and level the pedals. that works great in the app. mine were tilted forward so accelerating and braking were awkward at first, like i had over do it for each function. made a huge difference for me. no wobbles at all. 

mindreader for me.

of course if u want ur V10F to feel really nimble, spend a day on a ks-18s the day before. like going from a truck to a porsche.

20180509_152257

Excellent review! Thanks for it and congrats for your V10! Hope woobles will stop with the right tire pressure. Your comment about acceleration and most of all BRAKING is a concern. Hopefully, as experimented people on this forum seem to believe, it should be fixed via a firmware update.

Thanks again

Phil

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

of course if u want ur V10F to feel really nimble, spend a day on a ks-18s the day before. like going from a truck to a porsche.

What do you think about the new KS18L vs the V10F? Will be interested to get some input since I am seing more people recommending the KS over the InMotion? 

I don't know KS, and for sure the batteries LG used in the KS are better than the one in the V10F, and double speed charge is a plus, but the 400 euros difference are a show stopper to me!

6 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

What do you think about the new KS18L vs the V10F? Will be interested to get some input since I am seing more people recommending the KS over the InMotion? 

I don't know KS, and for sure the batteries LG used in the KS are better than the one in the V10F, and double speed charge is a plus, but the 400 euros difference are a show stopper to me!

I have not yet tested the KS, both should be good wheels. The batteries on the V10 are better on the F -model and it uses the LG batteries. V10 (non F) has lower capacity Samsung batteries. So probably the same as KS. Do you mean that the KS is 400 € more expensive? I thought you could get 18L for a bit less than the V10F? If the 18L really is 400€ more expensive, I would go for the V10F then. If they are the same price, then the choice is very difficult. 

7 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I have not yet tested the KS, both should be good wheels. The batteries on the V10 are better on the F -model and it uses the LG batteries. V10 (non F) has lower capacity Samsung batteries. So probably the same as KS. Do you mean that the KS is 400 € more expensive? I thought you could get 18L for a bit less than the V10F? If the 18L really is 400€ more expensive, I would go for the V10F then. If they are the same price, then the choice is very difficult. 

Yep, V10F uses LG MH1 when KS uses superior LG MJ1. The price for the V10F is currently 1590 euros vs 1999 euros for the KS18L. So no brainer for me despite the better features (at least on paper) for the KS18L.  

Only thing worrying me about the V10 is the negative feedback from people already having issues with bearing, and also lack of braking power.

29 minutes ago, Fastmike said:

The price for the V10F is currently 1590 euros vs 1999 euros for the KS18L. So no brainer for me despite the better features (at least on paper) for the KS18L.

18L is 1500GBP (1700€) on Speedyfeet. Maybe you can smuggle one into high-priced France:efee8319ab:

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/kingsong-ks18l-electric-unicycle

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

18L is 1500GBP (1700€) on Speedyfeet. Maybe you can smuggle one into high-priced France:efee8319ab:

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/kingsong-ks18l-electric-unicycle

Many thanks! This makes the KS only 100 euros more than the V10F... might be an interesting option, need to think about it! Cool   ?

7 hours ago, Fastmike said:

when i first pulled the V10F out of the box, i checked the tire pressure and it was half of what it’s suppose to be, 20psi(pretty typical of all the euc’s i have bought).i pumped the tire to 45 psi and gave it a full charge. the V10F tire, like my 18s tire don’t give a range for tire pressure, it just states “inflate to 40psi”.

i mention that because i see so many people riding on underinflated tires and then evaluating euc’s.

my first ride, i was chuckling, because what the previous reviewers said about poor aceleration and braking, was exactly my feelings on my first little ride.

then, i went inside with a spirits level and checked whether it was level at neutral and found the pedals were leaning down in front. so naturally, if i was use to level pedals, leaning that far forward to get the wheel going, would make me think the wheel was sluggish. now that i’m on forward leaning pedals, leaning backwards would feel awkward for braking.

anyway, inmotion’s app for calibrating pedals is the best of all my wheels. i set my pedals level, which was 1.1 something, not zero, the number doesn’t matter, i just use the level. the difference in the wheel was night and day.

i think with the largest pedals in the industry, calibration of the pedals is extremely important. now u can place ur feet how ever feels comfortable to u and dial in “neutral” by using the calibration function.

i haven’t ridden the 18l, a fb friend has and gave me a good report on it yesterday. the things i’ve heard so far that would make it hard to displace the V10F as my favorite wheel are:

1. not as bright headlight(i ride a lot at night and my road is extremely dark).

2. kingsongs difficulty in producing good software/firmware(still can’t get a reading above 94% on my 18s batteries, better than the 90% from before doing a complete overhaul of the firmware by using kingsong’s engineering app, took my 16s to 100% from 92%) so it’s hard to ignore the struggle i’ve had withthe only two ks wheels i have. wait and seeon the 18l.

3. my friend who tried the 18l thought it was slightly more maneuverable than his V10F, but i gotta see that for myself. i’m new to this transportation but there definitely seems to be a pattern to wheel diameter and tire width when it comes to turning. my 18s requires much more effort to make slow turns than my V10F. my V10F requires more effort than my 16s, etc down the line. i think the 18l will be better than my 1680wh 18s because that 840wh battery up top is heavy.

4. i like the big pedals on the V10F a little better. i like they are higher too.

5. the speakers are better to my ears on the V10F than the kingsongs but maybe the 18l’s are better.

6. the disconnect button on the handle works really good for me, hopefully the 18l will work as good.

7. i like the factory cover for the V10F.

8. i like Inmotion’s customer service better than Kingsongs.

knock on wood, i haven’t had any issues with my V10F yet, not sure how many miles on it yet. doing a little unscientific flat florida range test on it now. might take a while. 

On 6/14/2018 at 7:32 AM, Fastmike said:

Having tried both v10F and KS18L, I think that KS has some serious chances to seduce me:

1. the look of the black KS18L is very good.

2. they put some thoughts on the trolley handle, I really liked the design and the mechanism

3. The KS18L is lighter, shorter and more maneuverable. 

I think most of the wobble sensation on the v10F comes from the high center of gravity of that heavy wheel.

4. in terms of specs, to me they are mostly equivalent except a bit more top speed on the KS. But I managed to go over 25mh without tilt back with he v10F.

I would say on the long run, for me the trolley handle and weigh are more important than top speed or acceleration, and it worths the 400 difference, but I might get it a  discount price hopefully.

don't get me wrong, v10F is a great wheel.

I still hope inMotion will update the firmware though to address the acceleration and braking.

23 hours ago, Pagsy said:

Having tried both v10F and KS18L, I think that KS has some serious chances to seduce me:

1. the look of the black KS18L is very good.

2. they put some thoughts on the trolley handle, I really liked the design and the mechanism

3. The KS18L is lighter, shorter and more maneuverable. 

I think most of the wobble sensation on the v10F comes from the high center of gravity of that heavy wheel.

4. in terms of specs, to me they are mostly equivalent except a bit more top speed on the KS. But I managed to go over 25mh without tilt back with he v10F.

I would say on the long run, for me the trolley handle and weigh are more important than top speed or acceleration, and it worths the 400 difference, but I might get it a  discount price hopefully.

don't get me wrong, v10F is a great wheel.

I still hope inMotion will update the firmware though to address the acceleration and braking.

That is strange since KS is reported as 1Kg heavier than the V10F... 

Archived