Calibration angle — how do you ride?

who_the

On 5/25/2018 at 10:46 AM, who_the said:

Strongly disagree. I ride with tiltback off and have complete "control and safety" at all speeds from sub-walking to top speed. Riding angle is all about comfort and personal preference than increased or diminished control in my opinion. 

That’s like saying you cut the wires to your cars air bags, but haven’t compromised safety.  Regardless of your opinion, that’s wrong. Wrong sir. Wrong. 

• Like 1

Generally do my 14inch wheels flat and stiff setting. 16inch same but slight incline few degrees stiff setting. 18inch (msuper set flat, ks18 set forward) both enjoy on medium setting. Monster 22inch set even further tilt back maybe 5 degrees and soft. The softness helps reduce loose axle symptoms in the long run. So naturally just prefer using soft setting for bigger wheels. 

16864769_10154171458406965_5554173901458697381_n.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I DREAM of the gay we can adjust a negative -5 degree tilt back.
I don't like riding with my toes pointed downward and feel vulnerable.
I feel like, if I could ride with a negative tiltback, it would be safer and I could bail out easier in the case of an emergency.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vam Monaco said:

I DREAM of the gay we can adjust a negative -5 degree tilt back.
I don't like riding with my toes pointed downward and feel vulnerable.
I feel like, if I could ride with a negative tiltback, it would be safer and I could bail out easier in the case of an emergency.

Holy resurrection Batman! The day has already come long ago. I ride my larger wheels with slight neg tilt of course. I can set tilt on both my KS18XL and my Sherman. My mten I can cheat it and hold it off level during calibration, but I don't bother. Im pretty sure my buddy can set tilt on his Nikola, but I won't promise that.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

• 4 weeks later...

I find 0 degrees alright for riding but my toes tend to get scrunched up in the front of my shoe. I tried 3-4 degrees backwards tilt but was basically getting chronic foot cramps which was quite painful. I backed off to 1-2 degrees which works well for me. That's enough to keep my toes from digging in. I also tend to accelerate with my feet and legs more (rather than just leaning my whole body), so having the pedals tilted slightly back kind of gives more leverage when combined with good pads (at least I think so).

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

Model helicopter, Model airplane, Drone, EUC.

Zero (0) offset everywhere...

Easy setup...

Forward, backward, sideways always consistent...

KISS