Safe temperature?

eddiemoy

42 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

100 amps would be a peak of 8000watts.  

9 minutes ago, EUC GUY said:

thats what the app tells me. 

Which is just not true, since this is battery voltage times motor current. Thats like taking the ac voltage of the plug times the current flowing through a 12V led after the transformator... Would be some kWs resulting from this for a 12W led stripe...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Which is just not true, since this is battery voltage times motor current. Thats like taking the ac voltage of the plug times the current flowing through a 12V led after the transformator... Would be some kWs resulting from this for a 12W led stripe...

Well. thats all we got to look at. no other way for me to know the "true" output

• 2 weeks later...

dont do it again

my freind ended up burning a resistor and a capacitor just be going down a little hill he is 95 kg.

after that his wheel reacted slowly. and a week later it didnt work anymore

On 5/20/2018 at 4:13 PM, EUC GUY said:

Well. thats all we got to look at. no other way for me to know the "true" output

i asked some from gotway they confirm my tesla max output is about 6000W i dont know about the msuper v3 though.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I connected my wheel (Gotway Tesla 2) to Gyrometrics app: my wheel is supposed to have delivered more than 6000W for a fraction of second during my trip (speed max = 30 km/h, cycle road). Duringanother trip, the power was around 4500W.

So, I am a little bit confused: is the wheel really able to delivered such a power or is the Gyrometrics app capricious on this aspect?

Thank you inadvance for your advice (and sorry for my English language... but I have a good excuse, I'm French ;-)).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renaud said:

Hello,

I connected my wheel (Gotway Tesla 2) to Gyrometrics app: my wheel is supposed to have delivered more than 6000W for a fraction of second during my trip (speed max = 30 km/h, cycle road). Duringanother trip, the power was around 4500W.

So, I am a little bit confused: is the wheel really able to delivered such a power or is the Gyrometrics app capricious on this aspect?

Thank you inadvance for your advice (and sorry for my English language... but I have a good excuse, I'm French ;-)).

The max output of the 2kw gotway motor used in the tesla is around 6000-7000watt

The reason it's a 2000 watt motor is because i cannot sustain such high power for long

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renaud said:

The wheel can do it. Some rough estimates:

The theoretical continuous power output of the Tesla battery (at 10A per cell) is 3360W at full charge. The theoretical max output of the Tesla battery (20A per cell) is 6720W at full charge.

The motor is rated at 2000W continuous and can put out much more than that for short times, like 4000W or even more.

So the numbers are realistic, and there's nothing wrong with such high numbers. Your wheel can do it (for short bursts). But these readings are not very precise, and very short term spike readings are going to be even more off. So don't take this as what really happened inside the wheel. But you do know your wheel can put out a lot of power if needed.

• Like 2

Gotway wheels report false voltages so the shitty Gotway app is compatible with all wheels without knowing which wheel it is (it doesn't know). Scale everything up by 20/16 = 1.25 for the correct voltage on a 84V wheel. (On a 84V Gotway, voltages will be between 84V = full battery and 66V= empty battery.)

What app are you using exactly? There might be an option to correct the false voltages (Wheellog has it).

And again, these voltage readings are NOT precise. The measurement uncertainty can easily be 1V (this alone is ~5% battery), and that's before any voltage drops or other things happen while you ride the wheel. So trust what the numbers tell you (full battery, empty battery, power spike, etc.), but don't believe the exact numbers:)

Edited by meepmeepmayer

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Gotway wheels report false voltages so the shitty Gotway app is compatible with all wheels without knowing which wheel it is (it doesn't know). Scale everything up by 20/16 = 1.25 for the correct voltage on a 84V wheel.

What app are you using exactly? There might be an option to correct the false voltages (Wheellog has it).

And again, these voltage readings are NOT precise. The measurement uncertainty can easily be 1V (this alone is ~5% battery), and that's before any voltage drops or other things happen while you ride the wheel. So trust what the numbers tell you (full battery, empty battery, power spike, etc.), but don't believe the exact numbers:)

Thanks for your explanation!

I use apps that are compatible with iOS, mainly Gyrometrics and DarknessBot. With Gyrometrics, I reach generally 64V. With DarknessBot, more variations, sometimes until 81V. In both cases, absolutely nothing linear so very difficult to interpret.