THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

3 minutes ago, Funky said:

Ohh right - you somewhat missed whole point of video

No, i didn't . His premise is that you don't get a 1 to 1 connection with the wheel/road and that is total BS. Fun is a subjective thing and irrelevant. The fact is that you get much more control ability and contact with the road when you have suspension as we can clearly see in the video when he bounces a few times and almost looses control. If non-suspension was effective then they would use it in cars/trucks, race cars, race bikes etc. It's a foolish argument to say you have a better connection to the road because you just don't. In your case going under 20mph , it's not needed. However that was not the premise of the video and most riders are going much faster than that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

No, i didn't . His premise is that you don't get a 1 to 1 connection with the wheel/road and that is total BS. Fun is a subjective thing and irrelevant. The fact is that you get much more control ability and contact with the road when you have suspension as we can clearly see in the video when he bounces a few times and almost looses control. If non-suspension was effective then they would use it in cars/trucks, race cars, race bikes etc. It's a foolish argument to say you have a better connection to the road because you just don't. In your case going under 20mph , it's not needed. However that was not the premise of the video and most riders are going much faster than that.

Meh i'm going off from riding ~15 years on MTB on streets.. When i had suspension turned on - it felt like each pedal swing was weak, like rubber, there where simply no input. (As suspension absorbed it) Especially if you where standing, not seated on seat. When i locked suspension out. Wheel started to go much faster, and input was so much better. You literally could feel each pedal swing push wheel forwards.)

That's why i din't like suspension on regular bike. (Yes i know you can't compare EUC to regular bike.. But i imagine there still is somewhat that "lag" when you lean really fast or lean aggressively. Even doing tight turns having suspension and not would be different.. No?) I like the idea having simply solid build, no moving parts at all.. Whole EUC case moving up/down, not good.

Edited by Funky

On 9/22/2024 at 3:09 AM, WheelGoodTime said:

not impressed at all, i consider the the s18 and the s22 two of the worst wheels ever produced, absolutely not a fan of the ks render/marketing strategy... :roflmao:

let's say i like keep my expectation low ;) 

but i'm absolutely happy to have another EUC brand in the market, more competition = better wheels for us

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Funky said:

Meh i'm going off from riding ~15 years on MTB on streets.. When i had suspension turned on - it felt like each pedal swing was weak, like rubber, there where simply no input. (As suspension absorbed it) Especially if you where standing, not seated on seat. When i locked suspension out. Wheel started to go much faster, and input was so much better. You literally could feel each pedal swing push wheel forwards.)

That's why i din't like suspension on regular bike. (Yes i know you can't compare EUC to regular bike.. But i imagine there still is somewhat that "lag" when you lean really fast or lean aggressively. Even doing tight turns having suspension and not would be different.. No?) I like the idea having simply solid build, no moving parts at all.. Whole EUC case moving up/down, not good.

suspension on bikes is different from eucs, on bikes you can loose some of your input but not on eucs, the differente perception it's only related to height, geometry and weight, nothing else.

the only parameter that change while riding a susp wheel is your leverage as a results of pedal distance from the center of the motor, lower the pedals = better the leverage , simply as that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EMA said:

not impressed at all, i consider the the s18 and the s22 two of the worst wheels ever produced, absolutely not a fan of the ks render/marketing strategy... :roflmao:

let's say i like keep my expectation low ;)

Agree with you ;)

From my experience, Ex.n design is one of the most perfect one :wub:

1 hour ago, EMA said:

the only parameter that change while riding a susp wheel is your leverage as a results of pedal distance from the center of the motor, lower the pedals = better the leverage , simply as that.

Feedback is better with EX.n than EX30. Yesterday, my EX.n overtook an S16 pro despite speed bump on the road. This old wheel from another age is really awesome and gives extreme sensations and surf feelings :efef8189d7:

3 hours ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

Feedback is better with EX.n than EX30. Yesterday, my EX.n overtook an S16 pro despite speed bump on the road. This old wheel from another age is really awesome and gives extreme sensations and surf feelings

You also said in an earlier post that you over took Lynx's and the likes too.

When I compare wheels, I look at different wheels strictly from my own usage perspective. 

For example, I would ride both the S16 Pro and EX.n, and then decide which wheel I prefer more for my use-case.

Edited by techyiam