Replacement pads for 14S

c5flybyu

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..."to pad, or not to pad - that is the question" (Hamlet)  ?

but beside this pretty political question, there remains another one:

Which type of adhesive is best suited for glueing the pads to the shell (of a KS-16S, in my case) or for fixing a rift within the Pad itself? Can anyone recommend a special brand? Which solvent is recommended to remove glue leftovers from the shell? 

Cheers, Borg 

3 hours ago, Borg666 said:

..."to pad, or not to pad - that is the question" (Hamlet)  ?

but beside this pretty political question, there remains another one:

Which type of adhesive is best suited for glueing the pads to the shell (of a KS-16S, in my case) or for fixing a rift within the Pad itself? Can anyone recommend a special brand? Which solvent is recommended to remove glue leftovers from the shell? 

Cheers, Borg 

A 'weak' solvent such as Mineral Spirits or Alcohol will remove adhesive residue without affecting the shell.

This is the double-sided tape that I use - very thin and very strong: Duck Brand 442062 Indoor/Outdoor Carpet Tape, 1.88-Inch x 75 Feet, Single Roll 

Thank you @Marty Backe for your advise.

First I would like to try to fix the cut within the pad (approx 7.5 cm/3 in) by using some glue at the break line. Can you also recommend which kind of glue to use? 

2 hours ago, Borg666 said:

Thank you @Marty Backe for your advise.

First I would like to try to fix the cut within the pad (approx 7.5 cm/3 in) by using some glue at the break line. Can you also recommend which kind of glue to use? 

I've used spray contact cement to glue other types of foam together, but I have no experience with gluing foam pads. Sorry.

I am perfectly aware of Jasons super-great reputation on this board, and I have no problem with that. I have no doubt in that he has earned his reputation by being awesome.

I have also noticed his unflagging struggle for pushing the manufacturers on the right track in regards to app functionality, security, hardware design etc. I am sure this has had an impact on the industy as a whole and I am thankful for that.

BUT: If I visit a web shop that has put up items for sale and they are in stock, I would not consider this a very pleasant shopping experience if the order was cancelled with reference to that the products are reserved for existing customers. It would of course be a totally different story if this was clearly communicated on the web site. Then I would not have a problem with that. However, if I had a web shop and would like to honor existing customers, I would probably give them a discount, offered directly to those people, and let anyone buy anything to a higher price. 

I'm not saying this is something you cannot do. For sure you can do anything (ish).  I'm just saying that it is totally against the norm in web shopping to put up items for sale and then hide some odd terms and conditions in a faraway place on the web site that would make the potential customers feel that they should apologize for having placed an order. You could act this way, but I would not consider this a good move if you want to excel in service mindness and increase the customer base.

The fact that someone does a great job almost all the time could by no means imply that it would be rude or wrong or taboo to point out the events where the very same person does not live up to his/her usual standards. 

Archived