Replacement pads for 14S

c5flybyu

I just got a KS 14S yesterday and am slowly learning to ride.  

Does anyone know where I can get replacement pads without the logo?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EWheels had/has them, but I don't know if he sells them to non-customers. Contact Jason.

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

EWheels had/has them, but I don't know if he sells them to non-customers. Contact Jason.

Thanks for the reply.  I ordered the pads off his site last night and he cancelled the order saying that he will only sell them to existing customers.

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

afaik they are normally announced on the shop-website....

Edit:

Uups ...didnt know they are only for customers? Not that good idea in my view....such buyers may become customers....

7 minutes ago, c5flybyu said:

Thanks for the reply.  I ordered the pads off his site last night and he cancelled the order saying that he will only sell them to existing customers.

It's my understanding that Jason requested that KingSong make these pads especially for EWheels. So you're probably out of luck.

7 minutes ago, US69 said:

afaik they are normally announced on the shop-website....

Edit:

Uups ...didnt know they are only for customers? Not that good idea in my view....such buyers may become customers....

Jason has a limited supply of spare parts and accessories so his view is that he'd rather save them for his customers. Seems reasonable to me. One reason I buy my wheels from him.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Jason has a limited supply of spare parts and accessories so his view is that he'd rather save them for his customers. Seems reasonable to me. One reason I buy my wheels from him.

I understand all arguments...but as he has them officialy on his website without restrictions, its quite frustration to get them canceled after ordering, or? Seams for me perhaps loosing some future customers ...

If he wants tp provide special offers to his customers i would go for a discount for them, instead of closing out new interests.

But as said, there are arguments for both side....

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It's my understanding that Jason requested that KingSong make these pads especially for EWheels. So you're probably out of luck.

Nope...recently ALL new wheels are without branding on the sidepads! Ewheels might have  started it...but its adopted in general now.

27 minutes ago, US69 said:

I understand all arguments...but as he has them officialy on his website without restrictions, its quite frustration to get them canceled after ordering, or? Seams for me perhaps loosing some future customers ...

If he wants tp provide special offers to his customers i would go for a discount for them, instead of closing out new interests.

But as said, there are arguments for both side....

It is available on the website to the public.  It's frustrating to pay for something and being notified that the order was cancelled and I will be refunded.  I understand that he wants to reserve the parts for his existing customers, but why would I want to buy a wheel from him in the future if this is how he does his business?  Then, he needs to add some blurb on there saying that parts are not available to new customers or have them enter an invoice number to purchase parts.  

I just want some pads without the logo...

29 minutes ago, c5flybyu said:

It is available on the website to the public.  It's frustrating to pay for something and being notified that the order was cancelled and I will be refunded.  I understand that he wants to reserve the parts for his existing customers, but why would I want to buy a wheel from him in the future if this is how he does his business?  Then, he needs to add some blurb on there saying that parts are not available to new customers or have them enter an invoice number to purchase parts.  

I just want some pads without the logo...

You certainly had a valid point. That just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. He should either remove them from his public store or make it extremely clear that they are only available to existing customers.

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey Marty, @Jason McNeil likes us so maybe we can buy his spare parts and sell them on the EUC black market. My idea. How does 60/40 sound?  :efefa6edcf:

7 hours ago, c5flybyu said:

I just got a KS 14S yesterday and am slowly learning to ride.  

Does anyone know where I can get replacement pads without the logo?

If you want to just cover up the KS logo there is a specific paint available for padded vinyl that will contour when compressed. I believe it comes in flat black as well. Many automotive parts stores carry this product. 

40068677270_d62d07a87b_b.jpg

And now the case for the Defense:

1. This guy had written to me two weeks back claiming that KS had offered him the 14S for $950. KS claim that this was blatantly untrue. I never confronted him with this fact, simply stated that our price is what it is (see below). 
  2. It had taken 3 months to get these replacement pads from KS, they shipped out the wrong type & quantity in the earlier batches, there's only a few sets remaining in stock
  3. Offering an extensive selection of spare parts is very expensive & does not make economic sense selling as standalone, which is probably why you don't see an extensive parts listings on other NA Sales Outlets 
  4. Recently added a Parts Policy to the 'Returns & Warranty' section of the page  https://www.ewheels.com/returns-and-warranty/ 
    When parts are available in limited supply, we may reserve these for our Customers. Please be advised that if you are ordering a part that we’re running low on, we may be forced to cancel the order if your Wheel/Scooter has been s urced from a third party. Having access to parts & accessories is one of the perks of being an eWheels Customers. 

As regular forum readers & Customers will know, I invariable try to go above expectations, but when you find that someone is deceiving you in order to try to get an extra $100 off & have purchased their Wheel from another source,  who would not feel particularly inclined to not deplete one's limited resource for this party.  

A bit disappointed & saddened by @US69 hasty jumping to conclusions, especially since I sent him a free set of unbranded pads not more than several months ago. If I hadn't continually lobbied KS to change this design, we'd still be stuck with the uncomfortable logo type.  

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Hi Jason,
Look at the screenshot of his inquiry, he sent us inquiry at 2:00 this morning, we don't have time to reply his inquiry yet. 
Obviously, he is cheating.
And all inquiries from end users, we transfer to your side directly.
It is no meaning for us to ship one sample directly to one end user if there are distributors already. 

?ui=2&ik=cbccf69ed0&view=fimg&th=162cbd5509ce7922&attid=0.0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_mvmtJROUiRlAnLA5du0IlDU_qIsm8DSkjKTJvjr76VG5ihBoMSkwGkfr-2G852wplxyNcihNaXoc-tTezisGaGIBIXRbVrZg-iTT-hZYrWK2X-rM1AYhNJ24&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1525396458992&rm=162cbd5509ce7922&zw&atsh=1

Date: 15 April 2018 at 14:44
Subject: Re: KS14S 680W

Our price is $1,050 for the 680Wh, we'd liked to offer it cheaper, but that's what the price is.

Thank you,

Jason 

On 15 April 2018 at 12:47,> wrote:
I have heard many great reviews of your cuztomer service and wanted to order from you but King Song is offering this wheel directly with free shipping for $950.  Can you tell me why it would be better to order from ewheels?

32 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

1. This guy had written to me two weeks back claiming that KS had offered him the 14S for $950. KS claim that this was blatantly untrue. I never confronted him with this fact, simply stated that our price is what it is (see below). 
  2. It had taken 3 months to get these replacement pads from KS, they shipped out the wrong type & quantity in the earlier batches, there's only a few sets remaining in stock
  3. Offering an extensive selection of spare parts is very expensive & does not make economic sense selling as standalone, which is probably why you don't see an extensive parts listings on other NA Sales Outlets 
  4. Recently added a Parts Policy to the 'Returns & Warranty' section of the page  https://www.ewheels.com/returns-and-warranty/ 
    When parts are available in limited supply, we may reserve these for our Customers. Please be advised that if you are ordering a part that we’re running low on, we may be forced to cancel the order if your Wheel/Scooter has been s urced from a third party. Having access to parts & accessories is one of the perks of being an eWheels Customers. 

As regular forum readers & Customers will know, I invariable try to go above expectations, but when you find that someone is deceiving you in order to try to get an extra $100 off & have purchased their Wheel from another source,  who would not feel particularly inclined to not deplete one's limited resource for this party.  

A bit disappointed & saddened by @US69 hasty jumping to conclusions, especially since I sent him a free set of unbranded pads not more than several months ago. If I hadn't continually lobbied KS to change this design, we'd still be stuck with the uncomfortable logo type.  

Hi Jason,
Look at the screenshot of his inquiry, he sent us inquiry at 2:00 this morning, we don't have time to reply his inquiry yet. 
It is no meaning for us to ship one sample directly to one end user if there are distributors already. 

?ui=2&ik=cbccf69ed0&view=fimg&th=162cbd5509ce7922&attid=0.0.1&disp=emb&attbid=ANGjdJ_mvmtJROUiRlAnLA5du0IlDU_qIsm8DSkjKTJvjr76VG5ihBoMSkwGkfr-2G852wplxyNcihNaXoc-tTezisGaGIBIXRbVrZg-iTT-hZYrWK2X-rM1AYhNJ24&sz=s0-l75-ft&ats=1525396458992&rm=162cbd5509ce7922&zw&atsh=1

Our price is $1,050 for the 680Wh, we'd liked to offer it cheaper, but that's what the price is.

Thank you,

Jason 

I have heard many great reviews of your cuztomer service and wanted to order from you but King Song is offering this wheel directly with free shipping for $950.  Can you tell me why it would be better to order from ewheels?

As you can read from my original email, I asked about his customer service and reason for purchasing through his site instead of alternatives, due to a premium in cost.  I would have had no problem spending $100 or $200 more if he would have mention his warranty and parts were worth it, but I didn't get that reply.  I actually got the 14S for $890 shipped, so I did better than what was originally quoted.  Like I said in my email, I wanted to order from you, but you didn't answer my original question and so you cancelled my order for pads because I purchased the wheel through someone else.

Thanks everyone for the replies!  I ended up contacting the distributor and he will order them from King Song and have them shipped to me at cost.

1 hour ago, Evel_Knievel said:

You can order them directly from KS (vicky@szkingsong.com)

You'll pay a little more for shipping but when you total everything up it's not that bad. 

A

Thanks for the contact info!

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

If you want to just cover up the KS logo there is a specific paint available for padded vinyl that will contour when compressed. I believe it comes in flat black as well. Many automotive parts stores carry this product. 

40068677270_d62d07a87b_b.jpg

Thanks!  I will give this a try while I wait on the replacement pads.

While I can't speak to the price of the KS 14S ($890 shipped from a different distributor is a GREAT price), I can attest that @Jason McNeil goes above and beyond for his customers and the EUC community as a whole.  In the end, my opinion is that finding a vendor you can trust, who looks out for you is worth the extra cost and extra time it may take for Jason to get these wheels in stock.  I know folks have had good luck on AliExpress for models Jason doesn't carry or when he may be out of stock and the wheel bug has bitten hard and you can't wait.  In the past 6 months I've bought 2 x wheels from Jason (along with a bunch of accessories and some spare parts) and 1 x wheel from Chen at AliExpress for a model Jason didn't carry at the time.  I've had great experiences all around.

But, going forward ... having dealt with Jason on a number of occasions, I can state that I'd personally rather pay a little more and wait a little longer to get the wheel from EWheels.com than a different vendor.  The safety features Jason insists the manufacturer provide as well as his outstanding service and customer support have me telling everyone who asks about my EUC's to check out EWheels.com.

Thanks Jason for all you do!

12 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

While I can't speak to the price of the KS 14S ($890 shipped from a different distributor is a GREAT price), I can attest that @Jason McNeil goes above and beyond for his customers and the EUC community as a whole.  In the end, my opinion is that finding a vendor you can trust, who looks out for you is worth the extra cost and extra time it may take for Jason to get these wheels in stock.  I know folks have had good luck on AliExpress for models Jason doesn't carry or when he may be out of stock and the wheel bug has bitten hard and you can't wait.  In the past 6 months I've bought 2 x wheels from Jason (along with a bunch of accessories and some spare parts) and 1 x wheel from Chen at AliExpress for a model Jason didn't carry at the time.  I've had great experiences all around.

But, going forward ... having dealt with Jason on a number of occasions, I can state that I'd personally rather pay a little more and wait a little longer to get the wheel from EWheels.com than a different vendor.  The safety features Jason insists the manufacturer provide as well as his outstanding service and customer support have me telling everyone who asks about my EUC's to check out EWheels.com.

Thanks Jason for all you do!

This is what I was wanting to hear.  Like I mentioned in my email, "I have heard many great reviews" about ewheels but didn't know his parts were only available to customers.  Parts available, upgraded pads included, and customer service is worth the price difference to me.

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Hi Jason,

Thank you,

Jason 

Jason must have been an accountant in a previous life. He always keeps a deep documentation trail for everything - my kind of guy :thumbup: 

I think there will always be people (and it depends where they are in life's journey) looking for the absolute cheapest price, disregarding all offsetting factors such as customer service, warranty, etc.

You know the people that will buy a tool, having no intention of using it, use it once, and then return it? People with that kind of mentality also shop for EUCs. You can imagine the stories that Jason can tell :popcorn:

8 hours ago, c5flybyu said:

Parts
When parts are available in limited supply, we may reserve these for our Customers. Please be advised that if you are ordering a part that we’re running low on, we may be forced to cancel the order if your Wheel/Scooter has been sourced from a third party. Having access to parts & accessories is one of the perks of being an eWheels Customers. 

I took this directly from the eWheels page. I understand it may be frustrating, but replacement parts such as these pads are in fairly limited supply.

29 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Parts
When parts are available in limited supply, we may reserve these for our Customers. Please be advised that if you are ordering a part that we’re running low on, we may be forced to cancel the order if your Wheel/Scooter has been sourced from a third party. Having access to parts & accessories is one of the perks of being an eWheels Customers. 

I took this directly from the eWheels page. I understand it may be frustrating, but replacement parts such as these pads are in fairly limited supply.

Thanks Scott.  I went to the website, added the pads to cart by going to "Shop"... where did you find this info?

Archived