MSuper X 100v

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jico said:

How are you sure?

Same problem as with the 100V Monster.

The msuper X shell (which seems to be the same as the original 84V msuper V3 shell) has space for 2 battery packs (one on each side). Each battery pack has 3*20=60 cells inside (84V = 4.2V * 20, this means 84V packs must be multiples of 20 cells - 4.2V is the maximal voltage for a 18650 battery cell as used in nearly all EUCs). Each 84V pack fits exactly without space left in the msuper.

Now if you have 100V battery packs, each pack must be multiples of 24 cells (4.2V * 24 = 100.8V). 3*24 cells = 72 cells does not physically fit into the space for the battery pack, it's too big, it's 12 more cells than 60, doesn't work. So you can only have 2*24 cells = 48 cells in each pack, with some empty space left (the physically bigger 60 cell pack fits exactly).

The maximal capacity for that is:
2 packs * 2*24 cells * 3.7V nominal per cell * 3500mAh max capacity per cell = 1243.2Wh which I made to 1240Wh approximately (for comparison, the biggest 84V capacity is 2*60*3.7V*3.5Ah = 1554Wh = "1600Wh").
For more battery capacity than 1240Wh, you need to cram at least 24 cells more into there, but there's not really any space left. You could probably mod that if you cut out some shell parts, but it does not work with premade, cuboid shaped battery packs like a manufacturer would use, at least not in the current shell.

Monster 100V has the exact same problem, but with space exactly for three 84V 60cell packs instead of two, so it's max capacity is lower than the biggest 84V version.

They could make wider side panels and use battery packs with 3 layers of cells, but the X is already quite wide compared to how you stand on the pedals, so not sure if that would work very well.

I really wish they had designed a new shell for the msuper X. This would have allowed them to go for bigger batteries than 1600Wh, or maybe this 100V idea also with bigger batteries. But I believe the shell molds are very expensive, so they use the existing designs as long as possible.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

hi my name is damien , i wanting to know if anybody out there would know where i can buy the battries for my 2019 19inch Gotway Msuper X 100v E.U.C  

3 hours ago, damo said:

hi my name is damien , i wanting to know if anybody out there would know where i can buy the battries for my 2019 19inch Gotway Msuper X 100v E.U.C  

try emailing service_ gotway@kebye.com i think is correct... ive never seen the 100V batteries for sale on their own but you may be able to get some from them

in case they dont respond to you.. ive been advised that the 100V batteries are not for sale.. apparently "the cost to buy the 100V batteries is very uneconomical.. it would be cheaper to buy the whole unicycle"

Edited by Rywokast

On 4/25/2018 at 5:39 PM, yourtoys7 said:

and probably not for a while... Msuper X hasn't really hit the market sorta say and if you look at the history how Gotway upgrades, it might happen next year. Just around summer time :)

Looks like you nailed it haha.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, damo here again does anyone have a phone number for gotway thay can send to me please  im still trying to get sum help with purchasing a battery for my Msuper X  its getting to be a fucking joke  , Never again will i buy another  gotway brand E.U.C  IN MY LIFE 

On 8/30/2019 at 8:50 AM, damo said:

Hi guys, damo here again does anyone have a phone number for gotway thay can send to me please  im still trying to get sum help with purchasing a battery for my Msuper X  its getting to be a fucking joke  , Never again will i buy another  gotway brand E.U.C  IN MY LIFE